Arbroath v Ayr battle for the bottom

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Decision will be made in plenty of time for Arbroath not to travel 

I was planning to leave around 2:30, and I suspect that others are in the same situation. Exactly when is this decision expected?

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Wouldn't even need a ref! Anyone with a brain cell 😂 I mean the met office and ScotRail issued warnings on Sunday/yesterday about tonight being stinking weather 

It might of Arbroath haven’t arrived. It certainly used to be the case that if there was a concern raised, a local ref would go early and make the call on behalf of the match official.
I guess if Ayr had an injury crisis, they could phone up Arbroath and say, weather is stinking, can we just postpone if it wasn’t down to a referee. 
Maybe there is one scheduled at 12 or 1 to do an inspection before Arbroath are due to leave. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

It might of Arbroath haven’t arrived. It certainly used to be the case that if there was a concern raised, a local ref would go early and make the call on behalf of the match official.
I guess if Ayr had an injury crisis, they could phone up Arbroath and say, weather is stinking, can we just postpone if it wasn’t down to a referee. 
Maybe there is one scheduled at 12 or 1 to do an inspection before Arbroath are due to leave. 

You'd hope so. I don't like to see any team/fans make a wasted journey. Plus selfishly I'd rather stay cosy in the house watching a TV game than be at Somerset tonight freezing my baws off through "loyalty" (stupidity) 

Not suggesting any sculduggery at play here but I imagine Ayr will be desperate for this game to be on so it may be them hoping the weather changes a bit or that the ref deems it playable.

A win for Ayr tonight would be massive and you would think they’ll try all they can to get it played - playing the bottom club who have an unspecified number of first choice players out injured and most of their “fit” and available players have been working today. I would be thinking the same if the roles were reversed.

Arbroath having injuries and players that are working today makes not one bit of difference when the weather is like this. Makes the game a lottery. Pretty sure in that game last season one of the Arbroath goals seemed to get sucked in from a corner or a throw in 

Edited by Thereisalight..

8 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Not suggesting any sculduggery at play here but I imagine Ayr will be desperate for this game to be on so it may be them hoping the weather changes a bit or that the ref deems it playable.

A win for Ayr tonight would be massive and you would think they’ll try all they can to get it played - playing the bottom club who have an unspecified number of first choice players out injured and most of their “fit” and available players have been working today. I would be thinking the same if the roles were reversed.

We had that supposed advantage 2 weeks ago and pissed it up the wall

Edit: the injury part, not the working part

Edited by AyrTroopMajor

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I take it the pitch will be playable and it’s just the wind that’s the issue

Aye pitch should be okay. We have had a lot of rain, but the pitch drainage has improved drastically since a new one was laid at the start of the season.

The wind will be the issue, and it will be a big issue. Can't see the game making it.

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

We've updated you on the fact the Hub is open and selling soup and hot dogs. What more do you want? 🤣 In all seriousness though it's a farce 

Still do the pizzas? There really nice 

3 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

The second game in 4 days. Heavy rain all day. It will be a mess. 

Somerset doesn't really get churned up that badly. It's a really well-looked-after pitch.

f**k all to be done about the wind though. At least it's a few hundred yards from the sea unlike Gayfield, but that doesn't help all that much.

Should just put a giant net over it like a fives pitch. Would also reduce the mortal danger from divebombing seagulls.

Edited by Thumper