Edinburgh Boys v Falkirk Bairns

11 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

Special shout out to the disappointing trio of Agyeman,Allan and Mackie all dreadful and don't feel they add depth to squad if that showing is anything to go by. The 1st two also seemed disinterested.  I feel Mcglynn gave them the chance to play to keep morale up in the squad and sadly this may have had the opposite effect on the 5 players hooked at half time.

Wasn't there yesterday but you can possibly forgive Agyeman's performance as he's been thrown into such an unnatural position. He's played as a winger or at 10 for us and I think Kelty used him as a striker at times. Why is McGlynn playing him at wingback, especially when our usual three behind the striker are all benched. 

Penalty for me on review.

He pulls the shirt and it might be soft but it's a penalty none-the-less.

Formation and lineup didn't work and in-person it looked laboured but highlights told a different story. 

One of those early chances goes in and I don't think we'd be focussing on the failures as much. They didn't though and that's why it seems like an unnecessary risk was taken with the team.

12 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Don’t agree with this.  If the alternative is the club goes bust, what else can you do?  They’ve been fucked over by owner and, as far as I’m concerned, the council in their design of the stadium.

They had a squad of youth players 

7 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Clearly pulls Donaldson back. Don't know why the Edinburgh defender is trying to claim it was outside the box either 

One of those ones where if if its given against your team then you're gutted. But if you VAR it and watch the reply a few times then yeah a hand is placed on the forwards back which means its legit for the attacker to go down. No need for our boy to make the challenge, but hey that's football for you. 

Utter confusion from the referee, waves his arm in the air but even the commentary team don't know what he'e given. 

9 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Wasn't there yesterday but you can possibly forgive Agyeman's performance as he's been thrown into such an unnatural position. He's played as a winger or at 10 for us and I think Kelty used him as a striker at times. Why is McGlynn playing him at wingback, especially when our usual three behind the striker are all benched. 

He wasn’t playing wing back. He was playing wide right and he was stinking 

1 minute ago, BPM Again said:

They had a squad of youth players 

Edinburgh City have a duty to the integrity of League 1 to put out as strong a team as possible, rather than put the kids in and effectively wave the white flag for the remaining 16 games of the season. Signing a quota of loan players and out of contract players isn't against the rules or the spirit of the competition. 

5 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

... you can possibly forgive Agyeman's performance as he's been thrown into such an unnatural position....

Not for me. He's played same way off the bench and it's head down, sloppy control and poor decision making. 

Additionally yesterday it looked like he and Allan knew approaching half-time they were likely getting hooked and they gave up. MacIver and Shanley appear to do the donkey work they're not keen to do. 

The difference between Shanley and Allan is marked in similar scenarios. 1st half Allan out-muscled when he had the advantage and given the service he needs and Shanley 2nd half rolls a player from being 2nd favourite.

Sometimes it's not just about quality. Desire has to be there and both Aggey and Allan look like confidence is shot.

Penalty was soft but as others have said, you scream for it if it happens to you and unfortunately for the young Edinburgh lad, he’s given the ref a decision to make by raising his hands.

I get why McGlynn wanted to rest players, i just think it could have been done without the tactical tinkering. Bring Bisland in for Finn, shanley for McIvor and rotate the front 3 out to the 3 who finished the game last week, keep the formation the same as the guys are used to. Same effect without trying to shoehorn players in

45 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

Utter confusion from the referee, waves his arm in the air but even the commentary team don't know what he'e given. 

I saw him point to the spot but I couldn't convince anyone in our group that he'd given a penalty - even when the protests had settled and Miller was getting ready to take it I was still getting told it hadn't been given.

Mind you it took us about 15 minutes to realise Morrison hadn't come on at half time ... and in a special mention to the view shout out to the seated Falkirk fans who celebrated a 'goal' about 5 minutes from the end 😋

I couldn't really make out what the formation was tbh. It sort of looked like a 5-3-2 for the first couple of minutes with Agyeman and Mackie as the wing backs, but changed to 4-2-3-1 within the first 5 minutes. Everyone was in their usual roles apart from Henderson at CB and Donaldson at RB. We actually started the game ok (just not at the very high standards we've been setting recently) and created a few chances, it certainly didnt look like Edinburgh were going to race into a two goal lead. But as soon as they got their goals you could tell we were in trouble and it was obviously going to require getting Miller, McCann, Yeats etc on at half time. 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

3 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I saw him point to the spot but I couldn't convince anyone in our group that he'd given a penalty - even when the protests had settled and Miller was getting ready to take it I was still getting told it hadn't been given.

Mind you it took us about 15 minutes to realise Morrison hadn't come on at half time ... and in a special mention to the view shout out to the seated Falkirk fans who celebrated a 'goal' about 5 minutes from the end 😋

I wasn't there but in the highlights you can hear the whistle and the refs left arm pointing somewhere vaguely between the penalty spot and six yard line. I get why there's confusion

5 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Edinburgh City have a duty to the integrity of League 1 to put out as strong a team as possible, rather than put the kids in and effectively wave the white flag for the remaining 16 games of the season. Signing a quota of loan players and out of contract players isn't against the rules or the spirit of the competition. 

If they stay up it is a disgrace. I desperately want to see Annan survive as a result. You are a club that is way above your station. 
You have a stadium not fit for purpose and you didnt pay players who had contracts. Where is the integrity ?

No one has mentioned barriers falling over yesterday. Someone could have easily been hurt. 

5 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Not for me. He's played same way off the bench and it's head down, sloppy control and poor decision making. 

Yup, Agyeman has been awful the past two or three times he's come on as sub, not just in yesterday's nonsensical McGlynn screw-up. On Tuesday v Cove he looked more likely to trip himself up than actually beat a man - who was it on here who previously summed him up perfectly as playing like a kid chasing a balloon down the street.  Whatever he had at the start of the season -which tbf was great - has long gone missing.  

16 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

If they stay up it is a disgrace. I desperately want to see Annan survive as a result. You are a club that is way above your station. 
You have a stadium not fit for purpose and you didnt pay players who had contracts. Where is the integrity ?

No one has mentioned barriers falling over yesterday. Someone could have easily been hurt. 

Bitter Shire fan found

5 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

One of those ones where if if its given against your team then you're gutted. But if you VAR it and watch the reply a few times then yeah a hand is placed on the forwards back which means its legit for the attacker to go down. No need for our boy to make the challenge, but hey that's football for you. 

Thing is, if it was Ouzy brought down in similar circumstances would City have been given a penalty? 

11 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Yup, Agyeman has been awful the past two or three times he's come on as sub, not just in yesterday's nonsensical McGlynn screw-up. On Tuesday v Cove he looked more likely to trip himself up than actually beat a man - who was it on here who previously summed him up perfectly as playing like a kid chasing a balloon down the street.  Whatever he had at the start of the season -which tbf was great - has long gone missing.  

Confidence probably