Reform UK going from strength to strength.

20 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

They are the new force in english politics where they aim to steal conservative little englander bring back back hanging voters.

They have no real political standing in Scotland other than Ballantyne.

I don't know how the other British countries Wales and Northern Ireland figure as far as Reform is concerned.

So really Reform is firmly rooted in england and should drop the UK from their title, and their present popularity is owed to the mess the tories are in where tory voters instead of showing their displeasure with the westminster government by voting Lib Dem will put their votes to Reform.

Plus Holyrood is based on a PR system where minorities such as the Greens and lib Dems struggle to get reasonable numbers elected, other than disenchanted tories Reform would struggle to get numbers in Scotland.

This is incorrect, they're going from strength to strength 

14 minutes ago, coprolite said:

This is incorrect, they're going from strength to strength 

The right wing media would have you believe that.

They have given Reform massive undeserved coverage, which you have been subjected to if you are a Daily Mail reader.

Reform has 1 MP.

And 10 councillors out of a total of over 18000.

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The right wing media would have you believe that.

They have given Reform massive undeserved coverage, which you have been subjected to if you are a Daily Mail reader.

Reform has 1 MP.

And 10 councillors out of a total of over 18000.

TBF, I’m in favor of that; if you’re reading the Mail you left sanity’s warm embrace some time ago so all that pimping Reform is gonna do is take votes off the Tories/Britain First/Scottish Family Party. 

Winning seats isn't the point of Reform. Taking away votes from the Tories is the point. Reform is a fake political party. It is entirely astroturfed. There's no membership and no movement. Its just a vehicle for billionaires to try and make Tory policy even more amenable to them. By taking away Tory votes, they force the Tories to make concessions to Reform.

The policies that actually attract voters are often on non-economic issues. The "small boats" thing was began by a lonely Farage filming himself stood on a beach in Kent. The Tories only later picked it up when they felt it was something worth running with. This is what many Reform voters, often working class voters, are voting on. Immigration. Yet the billionaires funding this project don't actually care about immigration. We saw how immigration rose sharply after their Brexit. Reform's backers care about gaining influence over the Tory government in order to alter the economy.

Johnson's public spending during Covid with his furlough scheme horrified the billionaires. That's why they removed Johnson as soon as they could after the election and replaced him with Truss, a "libertarian" ideologue. This is about making sure the project of switching the Tory party from MacMillan to Thatcher gets fully completed.

Labour are helping with this because their moving rightwards helps shift the Overton window. They step into the ground the Tories vacate so the changes don't appear so stark to the public, who are frogs slowly boiling in a pot.

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

No reform PPC for Aberdeen South so far but given there is one in Aberdeen North, possibly it's just a matter of time.

As a resident of Aberdeen South, a Reform candidate would appeal to the more affluent areas here. 

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

As a resident of Aberdeen South, a Reform candidate would appeal to the more affluent areas here. 

Are the more affluent more likely to be racist? Not my experience but you never know.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, orfc said:

Part of why Rishi called a snap election is reform are in a worse state with regard to candidates than the Tories are. Even if they get some standing there's a good chance they'll turn out to have a twitter feed to make Adolf blush. Expect a lot of gaps and reform minded voters with no choice going conservative instead

My constituency has had Labour (Anne Begg)/SNP (Calum McHaig)/Tory (Ross Thomson)/SNP (Stephen Flynn) in the time I've lived here so it's possible but unlikely that the Tories get back in. Far less chance if Reform do find some roaster to stand.

Edited by Suspect Device

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Are the more affluent more likely to be racist? Not my experience but you never know.

Are poor people more racist?

Honestly not sure.

I heard an interview with Richard Tice yesterday - the man is a racist bampot.

I struggle to see why people would vote for these lunatics - especially as the Tory party is hardly a bastion of woke lefties..................

58 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I struggle to see why people would vote for these lunatics - especially as the Tory party is hardly a bastion of woke lefties..................

Sadly it’s a question of perspective.  There will be voters who see the Tory party as not being right wing enough.

You and I may find that ridiculous but it’s certainly the case.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Sadly it’s a question of perspective.  There will be voters who see the Tory party as not being right wing enough.

You and I may find that ridiculous but it’s certainly the case.

There are also "off the hook" right wingers who don't want to explain why the Tory Party is not succeeding with one issue or another.

If only dear Nigel was installed as benevolent dictator it would all be sorted out in a jiffy.

On 27/05/2024 at 11:26, Suspect Device said:

My constituency has had Labour (Anne Begg)/SNP (Calum McHaig)/Tory (Ross Thomson)/SNP (Stephen Flynn) in the time I've lived here so it's possible but unlikely that the Tories get back in. Far less chance if Reform do find some roaster to stand.

Ye gods ......ROSS THOMPSON........

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

What did he say that was racist?

2 hours ago, Big Bobo said:

What did he say that was racist?

Actually my mistake, it was his good chum Nigell Farage who was stating that a large percentage of British asian men are anti british and are Hamas sympathisers. When pressed he came out with a figure of 40%.

Tice is merely his enabler

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Actually my mistake, it was his good chum Nigell Farage who was stating that a large percentage of British asian men are anti british and are Hamas sympathisers. When pressed he came out with a figure of 40%.

Tice is merely his enabler

Maybe Tice leaves his dogwhistley shite for the Telegraph.