Reform UK going from strength to strength.

Apparently Farage has said this guy may have acted up in order to boost his acting career. I mean, the man is advertising himself on an extra website while in his 60s but now he’s been recorded calling Rishi Sunak a “fucking p*ki” he’ll probably be cast on the next Marvel movie I guess.

Weird how the press have suddenly discovered Farage and his pals are a bunch of racists now that they've become an existential threat to the tories and not just a useful tool to push the party rightwards.

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Fuherage getting ripped last night was quite delicious 

It's pathetic how easily Farage falls apart under the most simple questioning. It's even worse than your average Tory minister doing the morning media round. 

I'm a bit surprised he isnt ignoring interview requests and just getting soundbites from speeches he makes onto the news. 

58 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

It's pathetic how easily Farage falls apart under the most simple questioning. It's even worse than your average Tory minister doing the morning media round. 

I'm a bit surprised he isnt ignoring interview requests and just getting soundbites from speeches he makes onto the news. 

His opinions and knowledge appear to fit the description of being a mile wide and inch deep.

His mortal enemy is that curse of the political lightweight... "the follow-up question."

Hmmm. Seemingly old Nigel doesn't like being put under pressure by interviewers or audiences.  He's refusing to go on the Laura Kuenssberg show until the BBC apologies to him about Question Time.

I hope they tell him to eff off.

Poor an interviewer though I think LK is, she'd tear him a new one and seem pleasant while doing it.

He's now gone running to the Electoral Commission claiming C4 are guilty of "electoral interference".

Boycotting the BBC because of a "hostile" audience. FFS, they fellate him almost weekly on QT, and to be honest I thought the audience last night was remarkably gentle with him. After the nonsense about that guy being a C4 plant, nobody asked him to explain the Jones/Bates/Gravett conversation. Apparently he has waved it off as them being a bit pissed after watching football. So, in vino veritas eh Nigel? When your boys get a beer in them, they can't prevent their true selves from rearing their ugly bigoted heads.

He's smart enough to realise he's Nick Griffining his reputation every time he is asked even the softest of questions, so he's taking the cowards way out, as he  always does. The same reason he's too feart to set foot in Scotland.

His fanbase will lap up the conspiracy nonsense.

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Reform UK candidate disowns party and backs Conservatives following racism row.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/c98qvddx78nt

A gentle reminder for people with delicate sensibilities that Reform and the Tories are one and the same and we need large Labour majority to make change.

A large Labour majority will change nothing. They don't want to change anything. They are happy being in the right of centre the Tories vacated.

5 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Reform UK candidate disowns party and backs Conservatives following racism row.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/c98qvddx78nt

A gentle reminder for people with delicate sensibilities that Reform and the Tories are one and the same and we need large Labour majority to make change.

Change what? Their platform is less progressive than the Tory platform that got Cameron elected in 2010. That's not an exaggeration btw, that's just reality. 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

What exactly do you think Labour are going to change?

Be very specific please. I get most of my information from P&B.

Edited by The Other Foot

3 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

What exactly do you think Labour are going to change?

Be very specific please. I get most of my information from P&B.

Absolutely begging for a Jedi megapost about minor changes that even he doesn't believe they'll implement, with a random side plate of SNP BAD.

17 hours ago, GordonS said:

Change what? Their platform is less progressive than the Tory platform that got Cameron elected in 2010. That's not an exaggeration btw, that's just reality. 

IMG_1716.gif.7424c58b5816479baf345791c61fe015.gif

18 hours ago, GordonS said:

I think Labour can take credit for the non dom thing, even though the Tories put it through. They only did that to steal it from Labour. 

Expecting changes to capital gains tax, particularly on private equity manager carried interest. Not a massive fund raiser, but a significant step towards some limited fairness. 

Limited re-introduction of employment protection. Scope and extent tbc. 

The hollowed out husk of an aspiration for an environmental industrial / energy policy. 

I agree with @Jedi2 that it's better than the Tories.

It's thin gruel though. 

Not nearly enough to make it worth ignoring the toxic xenophobia and small state neoliberalism. 

16 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I think Labour can take credit for the non dom thing, even though the Tories put it through. They only did that to steal it from Labour. 

Expecting changes to capital gains tax, particularly on private equity manager carried interest. Not a massive fund raiser, but a significant step towards some limited fairness. 

Limited re-introduction of employment protection. Scope and extent tbc. 

The hollowed out husk of an aspiration for an environmental industrial / energy policy. 

I agree with @Jedi2 that it's better than the Tories.

It's thin gruel though. 

Not nearly enough to make it worth ignoring the toxic xenophobia and small state neoliberalism. 

It’s a noble attempt, sir. But as you point out, it’s tepid.

This might just be the first time I vote for… “shudder”… the Greens. 

Spoiler

If I can get a fucking emergency proxy sorted. Fucking Rishi. Fucking Royal Mail.