Reform UK going from strength to strength.

20 hours ago, GHF-23 said:

@CarrbridgeSaintee thoughts on this development? Also in trying to tag him here have noticed that Steelly has been bounced

The more high profile defections, the better.

This election is a write off for the Tories, who are also in a period of transition.

A successful Reform UK is required to keep up the pressure and steer them in the right direction.

4 hours ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

This election is a write off for the Tories, who are also in a period of transition.

A successful Reform UK is required to keep up the pressure and steer them in the right direction.

The racists are fairly coming out of the woods!

I remember centrist melts getting very excited about ChangeUK/The Independent Group/The Independent Group for Change, and nat melts getting very excited about Alba.  Defections are one thing, but those who defect to a minor party that only exists on the internet and/or in opinion columns almost never hold their seats at an election.

46 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Nice to see this place hasn’t changed 😆

It does seem odd that a self professed Christian could support a party that hates refugees, wants to tear apart the welfare state and stop measures attempting to protect the planet.

5 hours ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

If by this, you mean the Tories jettison their worst elements and become a less toxic and more mainstream party then maybe so.

However I suspect that is not what you mean.

On 23/02/2024 at 07:19, Leith Green said:

Good one that - I come out as a Social Democrat, no great surprise

image.png.44b737b3b416dc055d2403aa1aae5d9e.png

Here's mine, not sure what to make of it, a bit left leaning I suppose, some of the questions were absolutely ridiculous. (Or maybe I just didn't understand them.)

Edited by Jacksgranda

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It does seem odd that a self professed Christian could support a party that hates refugees, wants to tear apart the welfare state and stop measures attempting to protect the planet.

Religious folk believe whatever suits; there are millions of Christians who now find Jesus to be a massively inconvenient sandal-wearing leftie. They've all adjusted their doctrine over centuries without even a hint of reproach or approval from the High Heid Yin, so there's clearly not a lot of genuine belief or respect going on there.

Anyway, it's Oaksoft, so pinch of salt and all that.

6 hours ago, Fullerene said:

If by this, you mean the Tories jettison their worst elements and those remaining steer further right and become a more toxic and more fascist party then maybe so.

However I suspect that is exactly what you mean.

FTFY

Edited by Brother Blades

2 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

FTFY

Yes I would like to think so. 

Although I never vote Tory, I accept that some people like small government, low taxes and other right wing ideas.  If the Tories were a typical mainstream right wing party, that would be one thing.

Unfortunately they have morphed into a populist hate filled isolationist anti-woke, culture wars dominated collection of charlatans that should never be in charge of anything.

Even so, I actually think CS approves of that and would like to see more of it.

17 hours ago, Fullerene said:

If by this, you mean the Tories jettison their worst elements and become a less toxic and more mainstream party then maybe so.

However I suspect that is not what you mean.

I suspect, given the nature of this board, that both ‘toxic’ and ‘mainstream’ mean different things to us.

Not everyone sees the world through Patrick Harvie tinted specs.

I do indeed want the Tories to become less toxic and more mainstream, and support Reform’s policies in general.

If anyone has issues with the policies of Reform then I’d be interested to hear them, but I’m afraid screaming ‘RACISTS!’ just harms your cause.