Scottish Cup Round Five

Lex

Draw to take place Sunday 21/1/24 live on BBC Scotland from 1915. Teams in the hat as of right now:

Aberdeen 

Heart of Midlothian

Hibernian

St Mirren

Airdrieonians 

Ayr United 

Bonnyrigg Rose

Greenock Morton

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Kilmarnock

Livingston

Motherwell

Patrick Thistle

Rangers

Celtic

Brora Rangers/Cove Rangers

I’ll take Buckie Thistle away.

Edited by Lex

so far..

Abbey Vale v CUPAR HEARTS

JEANFIELD SWIFTS v Cupar Hearts

Wick Academy v JEANFIELD SWIFTS

JEANFIELD SWIFTS v Elgin City

CLYDE v Jeanfield Swifts

Clyde v ABERDEEN 

So it's the Dandy Dons for me. Happy to go up to Pittodrie for a game (spent 4 years in the Granite City as a tax dodging student) or to avoid The Cheeks. I actually fancy a trip to Firhill as I haven't been there for a while. 

So it'll be the Franchise away then.. 

Bonnyrigg or Brora/Cove away is the dream draw.

Celtic/Rangers away for the financial gain as another run to the semis/final seems very unlikely.

Anyone else at home.

Bonnyrigg away obviously. I'd take Hearts/Aberdeen away too as we've not visited either other than the joke campaign during the pandemic. In terms of a good cup tie, I'd fancy our chances against almost all top flight clubs at Cappielow. We might not win but few would relish the challenge right now. 

Motherwell away is the predictable shiter draw incoming yet again. Yet another bigot game would also be utter, utter shite from a fan perspective but the double cash boost in one season would at least help us to push on as a sustainable club. 

Woukd not even entertain one of the bigot brothers away again - would gladly take Hearts for the day out though. 

I think we’d give Motherwell & Livi a decent game at Cappielow if it has to be a Premiership side.

7 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Woukd not even entertain one of the bigot brothers away again - would gladly take Hearts for the day out though. 

I think we’d give Motherwell & Livi a decent game at Cappielow if it has to be a Premiership side.

I've not been to Cappielow for decades so that would be nice. 

You can almost guarantee that one of the Old Firm will get Bonnyrigg Rose or Brora / Cove at home. Probably Rangers.

Since Taylor Swift has not been in touch I guess an away draw at Ibrox or Celtic Park may not be the worst outcome. Although if we could postpone that for another round 🤞.

I suspect we will get an away draw to another non old firm premiership side likeAberdeen, Killie or St Mirren. Boring. Little money to be had and a defeat more than likely 🤷‍♂️

My selfish priority for the cups is an away tie to a ground I haven't been to, so away to Bonnyrigg Rose, Inverness, or Brora if they make it past Cove. That's assuming Buckie won't be there anyway.

After that would just want a 'simple' home game against one of the other lower league teams. Martindale will be praying for Celtic/Rangers away.

We'll actually get Ayr United at home and knocked out.

Don't see us getting much further here so would prefer a tie that would bring some money in or a decent away day, preferably Motherwell or Hearts as I've never been to either ground.

Will probably get Airdrie/Livingston/Morton at home.