Scottish Cup Round Five

Lex

Just now, GuyIncognito said:

Might be wrong here but I think there are 4 TV slots at this stage of the competition. Friday night, Saturday lunchtime or evening, Sunday afternoon, and Monday night, which was the case last season.

Viaplay get first pick so they usually get the Saturday and Sunday slots along with the Old Firm, so BBC get the Friday and Monday slots. Most likely TV picks are Inverness v Hibs, Airdrie vs Hearts, and Aberdeen v Bonnyrigg for the BBC

I think Aberdeen and Bonnyrigg fans can rest easy.

Nae c**t is watching Aberdeen play Bonnyrigg at home on the telly.

Just now, GuyIncognito said:

Might be wrong here but I think there are 4 TV slots at this stage of the competition. Friday night, Saturday lunchtime or evening, Sunday afternoon, and Monday night, which was the case last season.

There’s four TV picks in each of rounds 4, 5 and 6 (QF). But there’s no fixed slots - we had Friday, 2xSaturday and Sunday in R4. 

It’s all about how the fixtures can be accommodated. Neither Edinburgh side can play Friday, for example.

Airdrie v Hearts
Inverness CT v Hibs
Kilmarnock v Brora/Cove
Partick v Livingston
St Mirren v Celtic

cannot be Friday 9th

Aberdeen v Bonnyrigg
Morton v Motherwell
Rangers v Ayr Utd

cannot be Monday 12th

due to adjacent Premiership games

Friday

Morton v Motherwell - tie of the round IMO 

Saturday

Airdrie v Hearts

Rangers v Ayr

Sunday 

St Mirren v Celtic

27 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Airdrie ffs through the years we’ve had some shite results against this mob.

True. But this team are the relocated "Clydebank" AKA "Airdrie United" so no connection, except the town they play in and changed colours........😀

15 minutes ago, STFU_Donny said:

No one wanting Partick Vs Livi on the TV? Partick will fancy another premier league scalp.

Can understand lack of excitement at the idea of Livingston being on National TV tbf

32 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

There is not a sentient being on the surface of our Earth that could care about Partick Thistle vs Livingston.

There are two sets of fans who might care a wee bit about it.

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I thought the TV money goes into a pot to be shared out with all 16 teams

It does, but there's a specific payment for clubs that are on TV. I think it's officially called a "facilities payment".

Used to be something like £50k - but the SFA (wisely IMO) decided to spread more of the TV money in the general pot.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

I thought the TV money goes into a pot to be shared out with all 16 teams

The money from the broadcasters does go into the overall pot, but part of that pot covers “facilities fees” paid to all televised teams:

R1: £1,500
R2: £2,250
R3: £3,000
R4-6: £24,000
SF: £60,000
F: £125,000

13 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

That would be great - don't care to watch Old Firm penalty-assisted eviscerations of wee teams, while ICT on cooncil telly is good, and so is Airdrie-Hearts, which I think is tie of the round.