Scottish Cup Round Five

Lex

22 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Which is what they already get for league games.

I hope you don't give them more. No idea what it means for your attendance and finances, but annoying Celtic fans is always a good thing. 

3 hours ago, Alberto Spencer said:

That's true!  I'd forgotten about the 0-0 League Cup game you won on penalties. I think that was Czaba Lazlo's first cup game and David Obua's debut. "Fantastic hard shot" he had, allegedly. I think your keeper dived, stood up then picked up the ball from his penalty 😀

I do remember clearly the 2020 Scottish Cup game with a much "better" scoreline...........

Ha. We’ll agree to disagree on that! But yeah, we got an absolute run around in the second half in particular that day! I would say this is a much, much better Airdrie team than that one (I’d no real hope going into that game if I’m honest) and we’ll hopefully benefit from the home advantage this time. So I think we can hopefully give you a good game - but no question Hearts are still big favourites. If you could sell Shankland before or rest him that day it would be appreciated. 

8 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Ha. We’ll agree to disagree on that! But yeah, we got an absolute run around in the second half in particular that day! I would say this is a much, much better Airdrie team than that one (I’d no real hope going into that game if I’m honest) and we’ll hopefully benefit from the home advantage this time. So I think we can hopefully give you a good game - but no question Hearts are still big favourites. If you could sell Shankland before or rest him that day it would be appreciated. 

There's been no bids, but I'd expect lots of teams have spoken to his agent. There isn't a trigger fee in his contract (18 months to go) so Hearts don't have to sell and with Shanks wanting to make the Euros he'll probably stay without agitating for a move. My bet would be a sale in the summer.

So he should be fine for the Cup Tie!

19 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Yup, I would say if Brora beat us on Tuesday night then the Killie v Brora would be a more likely candidate for the telly. 

Well, you’re technically right in as much that (a hypothetical) Killie v Brora is more likely than Aberdeen v Bonnyrigg. 

But there’s at least five other ties even more likely. 

On 20/01/2024 at 23:13, tamthebam said:

so far..

Abbey Vale v CUPAR HEARTS

JEANFIELD SWIFTS v Cupar Hearts

Wick Academy v JEANFIELD SWIFTS

JEANFIELD SWIFTS v Elgin City

CLYDE v Jeanfield Swifts

Clyde v ABERDEEN 

So it's the Dandy Dons for me. Happy to go up to Pittodrie for a game (spent 4 years in the Granite City as a tax dodging student) or to avoid The Cheeks. I actually fancy a trip to Firhill as I haven't been there for a while. 

So it'll be the Franchise away then.. 

ABERDEEN v Ronnie Biggs Rose

I feel as if I've been all over the country. Which I have. Ach well, Pittodrie it is. 

5pm on a Sunday is...interesting. 

But it's also Six Nations weekend, which ruled out Saturday lunchtime for a BBC game (Scotland v France at 2.15pm), and once Viaplay picked St Mirren v Celtic for Sunday 2pm, Sunday evening was probably the only time left for a game on BBC One Scotland. 

With only one televised Saturday game, two of the 3pm kick-offs should also get full OB treatment for highlights - I'd expect ICT v Hibs and Aberdeen v Bonnyrigg. 

16 minutes ago, The Master said:

5pm on a Sunday is...interesting. 

But it's also Six Nations weekend, which ruled out Saturday lunchtime for a BBC game (Scotland v France at 2.15pm), and once Viaplay picked St Mirren v Celtic for Sunday 2pm, Sunday evening was probably the only time left for a game on BBC One Scotland. 

The BBC don’t mind a Monday night either tbf. We played Hearts at Firhill a few seasons ago, put on by the BBC on a Monday at 7pm (IIRC Hearts fans had a banner slating them for it).

2 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

The BBC don’t mind a Monday night either tbf. We played Hearts at Firhill a few seasons ago, put on by the BBC on a Monday at 7pm (IIRC Hearts fans had a banner slating them for it).

That was on BBC Scotland.

They won't show a Monday night game on BBC One Scotland because the network won't let them.