⚪️🔴Airdrie vs Thistle🔴🟡 - 27th of January

Can't argue with result given the Talismatic  Graham missing and too many key players again having an off day...still ,managed to claw closer to second . 

Edited by I Clavdivs

A game that could’ve gone either way, but would’ve been harsh for either side to lose I think. We were totally dominant for the first 25 minutes or so, but very even stuff after that.

As mentioned, we simply need to upgrade on Sneddon. He’s capable of making great saves but all too often he costs us a goal, and he did so today. I don’t think there’s another team in the division who would consider him an upgrade on what they have either.

Also, Blair Alston is the slowest runner I’ve ever seen. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Fair result don’t think anyone would argue with that, referee was absolutely shocking for both teams a few times we’ve had him and no good words to say about him. Good thistle support as well, don’t understand all these songs about airdrie right enough. It’s maybe the most one sided rivalry I’ve seen🤣

My tuppence worth before I head into Saturday evening.....

Thistle dominated the first 20 and I thought we were in for a real torrid afternoon but we settled well, started passing and getting stuck into challenges. I thought Hancock and Lawless both played their pantomime villain roles very well. The #99, every time a ball got played forward he very rarely challenges for a header relying on his strength, got into a few good tussles with McCabe and Fordyce, but nothing u untoward truth be told.

Fairly happy with a point, 2 decent teams trying to play a bit and a gang of officials doing their best to spoil it for everyone.

Really enjoyed that. I think Doolan is the closest comparison to McCabe in this league in terms of style of play, so always interesting to watch these games. The game itself lost its way a bit in the second half thanks to the referee but I thought was two fairly well matched teams trying to play decent stuff with a good atmosphere too. Makes such a difference having home games with a bit of needle rather than playing (no offence to them) Kelty or Peterhead every week. 

Thistle started really well but Airdrie came back into it and had the better of the last 15-20 minutes of the first half. We’re still struggling to score from open play but our record at set-pieces has been excellent recently, helped of course by Jamie Sneddon who must be the worst keeper at dealing with crossballs in the league. I didn’t think there was too much in the second half, not a lot happened other than that chaotic 10 minute spell where the ref completely lost control. 

Mentioned it on our thread but Fordyce’s tackle near the end deserves another mention. Timed to perfection.

Got the result right but not the right result , although that's based on being the better team in the second half. Both sides had a good tempo and I enjoyed the duels between the players. Thought Telfer was the top guy for us but Fordyce's recovery tackle was a Tom Forsyth highlight.

Thistle are a better moving team than Raith on my recent viewing and it was a game that never flagged 

The ref and our stand lino were standouts for the "look at me" baftas. 

Content with a draw? No . But keeping well ahead of the bottom two : Yes

Now to pile on the misery for Ian Murray, that's my wish.

9 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Got the result right but not the right result , although that's based on being the better team in the second half. Both sides had a good tempo and I enjoyed the duels between the players. Thought Telfer was the top guy for us but Fordyce's recovery tackle was a Tom Forsyth highlight.

Thistle are a better moving team than Raith on my recent viewing and it was a game that never flagged 

The ref and our stand lino were standouts for the "look at me" baftas. 

Content with a draw? No . But keeping well ahead of the bottom two : Yes

Now to pile on the misery for Ian Murray, that's my wish.

A good well earned point,and aye it would be great to beat Raith next Friday,

Very similar to Morton away a couple of weeks ago. Pleased with the point. We were better in the first half, Airdrie were better in the second.

Referee completely lost the plot and done his best to make everything about him.

Airdrie are a really decent team. Capable of playing really attractive, possession-based football, but equally capable of handling themselves physically.

Said after the first game of the season that we would be the first of many teams to drop points in Airdrie, and so it’s proved.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

A game that could’ve gone either way, but would’ve been harsh for either side to lose I think. We were totally dominant for the first 25 minutes or so, but very even stuff after that.

As mentioned, we simply need to upgrade on Sneddon. He’s capable of making great saves but all too often he costs us a goal, and he did so today. I don’t think there’s another team in the division who would consider him an upgrade on what they have either.

Also, Blair Alston is the slowest runner I’ve ever seen. 

You've clearly forgotten Ross Forbes. 

Honours are even. Fair result today and not much to add to previous comments made other than it was an enjoyable game to watch, played like a cup tie. Pleasing to see us going toe to toe on the physical side with a strong Thistle team and it was fascinating to watch the individual duels playing out all over the park, Lawless v Hancock being the standout! Very satisfying to see us develop from a newly promoted League 1 team trying to avoid relegation into a squad capable of holding our own in a very competitive league with a realistic possibility of a promotion play off spot.

A fair result and a good one. When you look at the important players we have out injured, and when you look at the quality of player Thistle were able to bring on from the bench - to saying nothing of their starting XI - then the fact that there was so little between the teams, and indeed across the three times we've played them this season, is an immense credit to Airdrie and a testament to what Rhys McCabe has done with them.

It was a really good, enterntaining game to watch, too.  Two teams playing good football, and while never a dirty game it did have an edge and a bit of physicality about it that made it feel like a proper Thistle-Airdrie game like many from days of yore.