⚪️🔴Airdrie vs Thistle🔴🟡 - 27th of January

Both sides off the back of a good win against opposition from the league above in the Scottish Cup. 

Expecting a tough game here, a win for us would put some welcome distance between us and 4th place. However, an Airdrie win would mount some pressure on our position. 
Looking forward to it. 

Should be a good game.  Thistle ought to be favourites, but probably not by a huge margin and Airdrie will be feeling condfident and justifiably so.  My wee nephew's going to be the mascot, so it'll be a great day for him however the game goes.

Edited by A Diamond For Me

Thought we kept Thistle at arms length in the first meeting of the season at the Shyberry, hoping for same again on our patch.

Both teams off the back of good cup results will be looking to consolidate their position in the league. Three points for us and I think we can start to believe that we’ll be staying in the division, three points for the Jags just takes them that bit further away from us too.

I for one will be going for a quiet pint of the best Tennents lager in Airdrie at the West End pre match. Think Scott and his team deserve all the support we can give them.

Feel like Airdrie are a bit of a mixed bag but more than capable of hurting any team on their day, so should be a good game. Interesting to see if O’Reilly starts, Muirhead has actually been quite good in his last few games but saw again at Dingwall that he’s clearly struggling with an injury so could be doing with a rest. Robinson probably deserves to stay in the team and his link up with Graham was decent against County. 

5 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Feel like Airdrie are a bit of a mixed bag but more than capable of hurting any team on their day, so should be a good game. Interesting to see if O’Reilly starts, Muirhead has actually been quite good in his last few games but saw again at Dingwall that he’s clearly struggling with an injury so could be doing with a rest. Robinson probably deserves to stay in the team and his link up with Graham was decent against County. 

To add to that before the cup game I would have wanted McBeth in for Bannigan but after Saturday would be very harsh to drop him

On 21/01/2024 at 12:16, H Wragg said:

I'll be steering clear of drums and West End Bars.

Airdrie 1-2 Thistle

I’m sure you would be welcome in the West End. Just don’t tweet about a square go. Some of the natives might not get the “joke”.

On 21/01/2024 at 13:05, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

I for one will be going for a quiet pint of the best Tennents lager in Airdrie at the West End pre match. Think Scott and his team deserve all the support we can give them.

Planning to be there too. 

Looking forward to this. Always enjoy games v Thistle and this one should have a bit of an extra edge to it with both teams coming into the game in good form. I fancy us to give anyone a game at home but, if Gabby McGill and Gal both miss this one then I do fancy us a lot less. Will, presumably, necessitate a formation change which isn't ideal. 

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

Planning to be there too. 

Looking forward to this. Always enjoy games v Thistle and this one should have a bit of an extra edge to it with both teams coming into the game in good form. I fancy us to give anyone a game at home but, if Gabby McGill and Gal both miss this one then I do fancy us a lot less. Will, presumably, necessitate a formation change which isn't ideal. 

If they’re both out I’d probably stick McGregor up beside Todorov and keep the shape as it is. Having a more compact midfield and two guys up front to press teams has worked really well and while McGregor isn’t a natural striker, I think he’s got the pace and energy to play beside Todorov and do the running that McGill offers.

Think it's a draw in the offing , which is not surprising as both sides are in quite good form.

If we have injuries up front then I'd also keep the shape of squad from recent games and bring in McGregor to work beside Todororov. I just can't see Josh O'Connor doing that job. 

I like Thistle games and having missed the away game , it will be good to see them kept back at the end as we win 2-1 with a last minute winner( despite my draw comment!)

Will be a real test for us missing Ballantyne, Aiken &, McGill and the Manager stated in his pre-match interview that he brought Gallagher back too early last week, so he's also unlikely to feature. Add in the recent departure of Megwa (although we have to forget about him now) then we're certainly not anywhere near full strength, therefore I'll take point now.

Edited by Kenny_m

2 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Will be a real test for us missing Ballantyne, Aiken &, McGill and the Manager stated in his pre-match interview that he brought Gallagher back too early last week, so he's also unlikely to feature. Add in the recent departure of Megwa (although we have to forget about him now) then we're certainly not anywhere near full strength, therefore I'll take point now.

Aye when others are strengthen ,not easy ,3 points the day will bring a happy weekend ,

We were honkingly disjointed  last time around away to Airdrie and should have been battered more than we eventually ended up .Different team now so really up for this one.Win or draw and 3rd place almost guaranteed and possibly second if we keep it going .Lose and it's squeaky bum time again with Airdrie a game in hand .

Think 1-1 is fair at half time. Both teams have had their half-chances and not really converted them particularly well. Sneddon totally sold the jerseys for Watson’s goal and similarly McCabe tried to step out to play offside then totally stopped which is elementary stuff.

Good match so far. Hopefully the second half keeps an edge.

If ever a draw was a fair result then this was it in what was a decent watch.

As someone who was a huge Kerr McInroy fan and extremely annoyed when he signed for Thistle. What has happened to him? Worst player on the park and rightly hooked.

Just now, Kenny_m said:

If ever a draw was a fair result then this was it in what was a decent watch.

As someone who was a huge Kerr McInroy fan and extremely annoyed when he signed for Thistle. What has happened to him? Worst player on the park and rightly hooked.

Blows very hot and cold which is probably why he is at championship level