🔵⚪ Ton vs Lichties 🔴⚪ 27th January

4 hours ago, port-ton said:

The first Jacobs challenge is later than I thought it was because it looked like it was given for a boot to the head which it clearly wasn't at the time, and the second booking was a clear tug on the shoulder/arm of Blues as he was running past him although you don't get a great angle of that from the stand. Worth noting that Jacobs wasn't exactly raging with either decision and I think he knows he was a stupid boy especially after just being given a yellow minutes earlier. 

Both penalties are as clear as day as well and there's no foul on Bird in the build up to our second goal. 

Our disallowed goal is an even worse decision than I thought at the time. I thought it was just a case of keeper being over protected but there's not even remotely a foul there. 

All in all a good win against 12 (then 11) men. 

Noticed that Jacob's reaction was one of more ruing his own lack of discipline and stupidity rather than being raging at the ref.

12 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Arbroath fans very quiet today since the highlights were released considering their reaction after the game yesterday. 

I think most of us are just admiring the shifting goalposts from Morton.  You seem to be having both sides of the argument yourselves.  

17 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I think most of us are just admiring the shifting goalposts from Morton.  You seem to be having both sides of the argument yourselves.  

Ah okay now it's Morton fans out to get you. The world really is against you. 

On all my years on here I don't think I've ever seen a set of fans have a collective mental breakdown during a season quite like this. 

8 minutes ago, port-ton said:

On all my years on here I don't think I've ever seen a set of fans have a collective mental breakdown during a season quite like this. 

Whatever 

16 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Who said anything about Morton fans being out to get anyone?  It was just an observation that the Morton fans of today seem to have some very different opinions to the same Morton fans of yesterday.  

12 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Who said anything about Morton fans being out to get anyone?  It was just an observation that the Morton fans of today seem to have some very different opinions to the same Morton fans of yesterday.  

Wheres the shifting goalposts from Morton fans? The majority of fans yesterday said that the first jacobs yellow was soft, the second one was stupid, both penalties were correct and that our disallowed goal should have stood and I'd say that still seems to be the general consensus after watching the video evidence, other than the Jacobs first tackle being a bit worse than was thought at the time. 

I don't agree it's shifting goalposts anyway if you have one view at the match and another after watching the highlights, in fact I'd find it weird if people refused to change their mind objectively on decisions when given evidence. I find it much stranger that Arbroath fans would go from literally saying they were playing against 12 men and the referee cost them the game to not having any opinion one way or the other when they've had the chance to see the contentious events back. 

No one said the ref cost Arbroath the game, Morton deserved to win,I don't know where your getting that from,if you couldn't beat an Arbroath team with one defender, playing with a broken toe and one sub.Watched the highlights penalty s are very soft,but only reason we think that as the stonewall penalty s we've had turned down last few weeks drives you mad,and if it was the other way about, Arbroath appealling for the two penalties Morton got,I don't think Arbroath would get them.Jacobs sending off,the ref couldn't get his card out quick enough,30 second s later,the worst foul of the game on colin Hamilton, Arbroath get a free kick,but no card for the Morton player , Arbroath players surround the hopeless ref,and end up with a yellow card

There was 7 of the the 13 out injured just now doing light training on the pitch yesterday, hopefully we might get a few of them back in time for Dunfermline in a few weeks.

21 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Wheres the shifting goalposts from Morton fans? The majority of fans yesterday said that the first jacobs yellow was soft, the second one was stupid, both penalties were correct and that our disallowed goal should have stood and I'd say that still seems to be the general consensus after watching the video evidence, other than the Jacobs first tackle being a bit worse than was thought at the time. 

I don't agree it's shifting goalposts anyway if you have one view at the match and another after watching the highlights, in fact I'd find it weird if people refused to change their mind objectively on decisions when given evidence. I find it much stranger that Arbroath fans would go from literally saying they were playing against 12 men and the referee cost them the game to not having any opinion one way or the other when they've had the chance to see the contentious events back. 

What's the point?  We've moved on.  We're just glad to have escaped without our usual 3 new injuries.  Morton got the rub of the green and benefited from some poor refereeing decisions very much in their favour.  The mood is low, and I think we all just want to move on and forget about this match.

If anything, its a bit weird that Morton fans are so insistent on arguing about it and coming up with ever varying justifications for some comical refereeing calls, and then complaining that nobody is arguing...Why so defensive?  

3 hours ago, port-ton said:

Arbroath fans very quiet today since the highlights were released considering their reaction after the game yesterday. 

1 hour ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

Arbroath fans still absolutely seething, shocker. Even with highlights…

image.gif.dbbcb146d722cc6926d5e09c3b4b52f3.gif

Get down.

Are we "very quiet" or are we "seething"?  Can't be both.

9 hours ago, WHM said:

No one said the ref cost Arbroath the game, Morton deserved to win,I don't know where your getting that from,if you couldn't beat an Arbroath team with one defender, playing with a broken toe and one sub.Watched the highlights penalty s are very soft,but only reason we think that as the stonewall penalty s we've had turned down last few weeks drives you mad,and if it was the other way about, Arbroath appealling for the two penalties Morton got,I don't think Arbroath would get them.Jacobs sending off,the ref couldn't get his card out quick enough,30 second s later,the worst foul of the game on colin Hamilton, Arbroath get a free kick,but no card for the Morton player , Arbroath players surround the hopeless ref,and end up with a yellow card

There was 7 of the the 13 out injured just now doing light training on the pitch yesterday, hopefully we might get a few of them back in time for Dunfermline in a few weeks.

We had a stonewall penalty in our game at Gayfield in December last season that wasn’t awarded, and Ricky Little should have been ordered off for a handball on the line.

Assuming we’d have scored said penalty and gone onto win the game, that decision ultimately cost us a play-off place.

These things happen, some you get, some you don’t.

You weren’t at a Ibrox on Saturday- you were at Cappielow. There’s no inherent pro-Morton or anti-Arbroath bias, no matter how much of a comfort blanket you’re looking for.

I’d suggest you dry your eyes- nobody’s out to get you.

14 hours ago, port-ton said:

Yes sometimes in the heat of the moment our sight gets a bit fuzzy. 

I was happy with the outcome on Saturday so didn't go on about the Baird goal which I thought at the time was as clear as day a goal but had thought Oakley was off side for his goal so it balanced the net score. On review of the highlights thought Blues went down easily from the tug and Oakley was on side. But rather have the odd error than pay or wait for a VAR decision.