Wasps Vs Bairns

Well beaten by a very good Falkirk side today, they will surely go on to win the division pretty comfortably.

Thought we played well enough first half and PJ getting beaten at his near post like that was a sore one. 

Second half Falkirk upped the pace and Alloa failed miserably to cope. Particularly disappointing that a Falkirk player seemed to get on the end of every ball into our box.

Could have done with Scougs playing beside Roberts instead of Virtanen or even Robbo in there (I can see why the latter wasn't risked). Hopefully that is corrected next week and Wales restored to centre forward.

Edited by printer

I thought Alloa were as good as any team we've played in the first half and it was quite close up until half time. I reckon that, if they can perform like that consistently, they'll have a good chance of the play-offs.

We played well throughout but were absolutely brilliant in the 2nd half. No real failures although I felt that McCann and McIvor weren't quite at their best. Spencer, Henderson and Nesbitt were brilliant.

Also like to thank Hamilton for Dylan Tait!

7 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

img_1_1706378772993.thumb.jpg.7b15cb39e290e2bb5a4e1eb533d2f06a.jpg

Enjoyed this. Thought it must be a response to some misplaced alloa socials shithousery so I went for a look on their Facebook and spotted this wild formation 😲

FB_IMG_1706375237843.jpg

3 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

Enjoyed this. Thought it must be a response to some misplaced alloa socials shithousery so I went for a look on their Facebook and spotted this wild formation 😲

FB_IMG_1706375237843.jpg

Running a postman api that takes the players in 1-20 just forgot to sort Falkirks from their teamline. First week using this method and beyond that worked fine.

One that is already in the highlights

image.thumb.png.41cfdc3a35e4b697d7813c4bcb03fe0a.png

Edited by LeodhasXD

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

image.png.ae9558af84cac9f4aaf435c9a18272f8.png

For reference that is still the brawest match graphic. Clean. Different. Eye-catching. Falkirk's effort... leaves something to be desired

That wasp looks like it's flown into a few windaes!

Just now, LeodhasXD said:

Running a postman api that takes the players in 1-20 just forgot to sort Falkirks from their teamline. First week using this method and beyond that worked fine.

I'll let you off for tech teething troubles 😊

clucking bells !  Didn.t see many players running through walls for Andy today !

That aside Falkirk are BY FAR the best team i have seen at the Recs this seadon , still no excuse for that poor show though .

6 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

image.png.ae9558af84cac9f4aaf435c9a18272f8.png

For reference that is still the brawest match graphic. Clean. Different. Eye-catching. Falkirk's effort... leaves something to be desired

Definitely leaves something to be desired. Maybe five goals for your mob just to get a draw? Get it up you. 

14 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Definitely leaves something to be desired. Maybe five goals for your mob just to get a draw? Get it up you. 

Big Leo not realising the Falkirk image is a total piss take of Alloa posting that daft AI Wasp photo really leaves something to be desired. 

I thought it was a massive gamble playing Long after past few games,nightmare wind conditions for a goalie and the revelation that Bonnyrigg saw him as a weak link in the team (reasonable to think others see the same), potential lack of confidence and potential for fans to get on his back. Thankfully gamble paid off and he had a decent 1st half and a rest in the 2nd

1 hour ago, printer said:

Well beaten by a very good Falkirk side today, they will surely go on to win the division pretty comfortably.

Thought we played well enough first half and PJ getting beaten at his near post like that was a sore one. 

Second half Falkirk upped the pace and Alloa failed miserably to cope. Particularly disappointing that a Falkirk player seemed to get on the end of every ball into our box.

Could have done with Scougs playing beside Roberts instead of Virtanen or even Robbo in their (I can see why the latter wasn't rised). Hopefully that is corrected next week and Wales restored to centre forward.

Agree with all this. The first half was decent from Alloa and the only disappointment was conceding such a soft goal at PJ's near post. Didn't think we deserved to be behind at the break. Second half however we were miles off it whereas Falkirk were very very good. That was a wonderful ball from Morrison for the second but it was too easy, as were the subsequent goals. Hetherington was a big miss in the middle for us - we didn't compete at all in there - but Falkirk were excellent regardless. They'll win the league comfortably and will deserve it, by miles the best side in the division. 

From our point of view think it's important not to dwell on that too much and instead concentrate on all the positives of the past few weeks. With Wales back and Devine, Donnelly, Buchanan and Robbo now returning to fitness (and Taggs ok and Hetherington apparently weeks rather than months) we're in a good place. Agree that Wales needs to go back to CF. Was fair enough keeping Sammo in after last week but Wales is too good not to be the main striker. Important to win next week and put today behind us. 

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Running a postman api that takes the players in 1-20 just forgot to sort Falkirks from their teamline. 

I thought that was just McGlynn's formation from thr Edinburgh City game? 

For the sake of proper record and as I can't see any other mention of it, that deliberate kick from Donaldson on Wales to stop him bearing down on goal was a real shocker.

Hopefully he was embarrassed about it and apologised afterwards. Could have resulted in a bad injury, so hope Bobby is OK.

16 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Agree with all this. The first half was decent from Alloa and the only disappointment was conceding such a soft goal at PJ's near post. Didn't think we deserved to be behind at the break. Second half however we were miles off it whereas Falkirk were very very good. That was a wonderful ball from Morrison for the second but it was too easy, as were the subsequent goals. Hetherington was a big miss in the middle for us - we didn't compete at all in there - but Falkirk were excellent regardless. They'll win the league comfortably and will deserve it, by miles the best side in the division. 

From our point of view think it's important not to dwell on that too much and instead concentrate on all the positives of the past few weeks. With Wales back and Devine, Donnelly, Buchanan and Robbo now returning to fitness (and Taggs ok and Hetherington apparently weeks rather than months) we're in a good place. Agree that Wales needs to go back to CF. Was fair enough keeping Sammo in after last week but Wales is too good not to be the main striker. Important to win next week and put today behind us. 

3 hours ago, Alloamad said:

As bad as I’ve seen us play today. Terrible from Alloa against a good Falkirk side, just weak

If hetherington is a big miss you boys are in trouble...in a long line of worst central midfielders to play for the navy blue he's behind mark traynor & just in front of Brian scrimegour

Just now, printer said:

For the sake of proper record and as I can't see any other mention of it, that deliberate kick from Donaldson on Wales to stop him bearing down on goal was a real shocker.

Hopefully he was embarrassed about it and apologised afterwards. Could have resulted in a bad injury, so hope Bobby is OK.

A proper captain 💙

2 minutes ago, printer said:

A professional foul, nothing more.