Relegation thread - who's going down?

Absolutely hoping it's Queens. Seaside league stadium and a third division fan base. 

Arbroath going down would be a terrible day for gourmet pie lovers in this league, but it looks terrible for them.

Caley have been weirdly shite, but despite having the coldest, draughtiest stadium in world football I hope they stay up.

I'm fine with ICT going down. I do love a trip to The Malt Room, but you'd imagine they'll not be away for long. I'm not sure it would knock some of the tedium and undeserved arrogance from some of their posters, but we can hope.

Arbroath would be a loss.

A half-decent QP promised so much to Thistle fans, but thanks in large part to Dempster, I feel few tears would be shed should they drop.

Dunfermline going down again would be a laugh. McPake seems very average at best and seems to be on a Matalan MacKinnon career trajectory.

I actually don't mind their current squad, but we could all do without Airdrie.

Coming up, Falkirk seem like incredibly boring certainties. Hamilton is alright for us Jags. Cove can stay down. Montrose is the dream.

8 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I have no idea who gets relegated etc as this is a new experience after so long in L1.

At this stage it does look bad for Arbroath but anyone from Morton down has a long way to go yet. 

Should I predict or just hope it's QP for that dreadful Hampden view?

Disappointingly for us we get that dreadful Hampden view whether we stay up or not……..

Yeah unless it's somehow Montrose (great away day) or Kelty (not a great away day by all accounts but I've yet to cross it off the list) in the final there's a high chance I'll be wanting the Championship team to win the playoffs anyway.

8 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I actually don't mind their current squad, but we could all do without Airdrie.

That must be that rivalry Blair McNally talks about that Airdrie fans couldn't give a f**k about. 

Anyways, we are all laughing at how much we continue to wind up other fans. Despite being tiny and insignificant Airdrie. 

Glorious. ♦️

14 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Anyways, we are all laughing at how much we continue to wind up other fans. Despite being tiny and insignificant Airdrie. 

Glorious. ♦️

No, it's that sort of primary-school level posting that we could be doing without. It's like having Alloa back in the league.

29 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

No, it's that sort of primary-school level posting that we could be doing without. It's like having Alloa back in the league.

SMELL YER MAW

Based on current form and managerial ability I would expect Arbroath to finish bottom and go down automatically.

I expect Dunfermline to finish in the relegation playoff.  Their confidence would be through the floor at that point and I'd expect them to lose the SF.

Falkirk are clearly coming up but it's tough to call the other one.

While I clearly hope (with little expectation at the moment) to be worrying more about Premiership away days next season I'll judge more on who I want to come up.

Hamilton will be in the playoffs but not sure what to expect from them in there.  Been a few times and it's an easy, albeit not exciting trip.  Kelty or Montrose would be good as I haven't been to either ground.  Another good option would be a late run from Stirling Albion to get up as it's a very easy away trip for me. 

Having no background in Scottish football means I have no beef with any other teams in the division.   I only care that we beat them.  That feels good for the soul.  There is no one in particular I'd like to see binned.  I have a bit of a soft spot for Queen's Park, after reading about their history.  I have also learnt a load about construction project management, from their thread. I'd be sad to see Arbroath go.  It is a great division.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Having watched every team in this division at least once, I think whoever finishes 10th will be relegated.

The team who finishes 9th will be in the relegation playoffs.

I don't think that's fair and would encourage you to have a rethink.

17 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

FWIW we’ll make far more money with the new stand than without it. Thats worth more than people thinking it’s a great old fashioned stadium. Home fans will still be able to stand on what’s left of the North Terrace and in the SRE. 

Well done on getting more money put of the fans with your new stand. The comment, however, was about the good old days of terracing which, despite the progress in stadiums, many fans will always miss. (And the ability to build a decent stand in a reasonable timescale.)

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Having watched every team in this division at least once, I think whoever finishes 10th will be relegated.

The team who finishes 9th will be in the relegation playoffs.

Edinburgh City/FC Edinburgh say hello.

6 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

That must be that rivalry Blair McNally talks about that Airdrie fans couldn't give a f**k about. 

Glorious. ♦️

Come on. Hate us a wee bit. We did beat you to a First Division title that drove you to extinction. Isn't that enough?

I fucking hate Airdrie but there's no use in having a loathed rival who play in the division below.

5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I know they've been in the seaside league for an eternity so you may have forgotten but if you think Airdrie fans are bad posters, then I have some terrible Falkirk/Navy Blue Pound shaped news for you...