Nations League Draw (Thursday 5pm)

Posted (edited)

Back to normality now and that's the travel poll emails out for Portugal and Croatia. Can't really see us getting an increased allocation for either right enough, especially Zagreb with that stand still shut due to earthquake damage.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

• 2 weeks later...

Booked up for Portugal and Croatia, may book Poland closer to the time, will see how prices/annual leave days are looking.

We really couldn’t have picked many better places for away trips for this.

Looking forward to getting back to Lisbon, probably my city in Western Europe.

Staying in Split for a few days before we go up to Zagreb too, not been there before but if it’s anything like Zadar up the coast it’ll be fine by me.

• 2 weeks later...

Will be interesting to see how the Portugal sales go.

I'm on 10 points and heading over to Zagreb match. Had rather thought that plenty folk will be skint / feeling a bit deflated post Euros and 10 points would be enough, but think Zagreb will be quite a smaller allocation than Lisbon. And if an allocation of 3100 or so still only guarantees tickets for those on 17+ points, I'm beginning to feel a bit anxious about my ticket prospects for Croatia.

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

Will be interesting to see how the Portugal sales go.

I'm on 10 points and heading over to Zagreb match. Had rather thought that plenty folk will be skint / feeling a bit deflated post Euros and 10 points would be enough, but think Zagreb will be quite a smaller allocation than Lisbon. And if an allocation of 3100 or so still only guarantees tickets for those on 17+ points, I'm beginning to feel a bit anxious about my ticket prospects for Croatia.

I think there’s like 40 tickets short of guaranteeing everyone on 16 a ticket.  It’s exactly 5% of the stadium, so it’s either a coincidence that that’s how many said they were going, or that’s just the minimum allocation and fewer than that replied. 

It's not very scientific but I know a good few people who aren't bothering with this who did go to games in the Euro qualifiers mainly because they don't have the annual leave after Germany or in the case of a couple of Killie and St Mirren fans chose their European away trips over this. I would normally do all 3 but I'm probably doing 2 max.

I'd like to think this will drop down a bit, Croatia might be another story though if we get a shite allocation with their stadium still half shut.

Just now, Pie Of The Month said:

Portugal tickets working OK for everyone? Not letting me buy with any of my cards.

Worked OK for me. In and purchased made straight on 10am. E-Mail confirmation received straight away.

Also the cheapest ticket I've bought in a while.

Just now, German Jag said:

Worked OK for me. In and purchased made straight on 10am. E-Mail confirmation received straight away.

Also the cheapest ticket I've bought in a while.

Cheers, cancelled the transaction and tried again and it worked fine.

£13 is decent, was expecting them to be expensive. I was in Porto between Spain and France away last year when they were playing Slovakia and you had to buy from a supermarket and they were 50 euro so I didn't bother and expected the same for this.

On 10/08/2024 at 21:09, Pie Of The Month said:

It's not very scientific but I know a good few people who aren't bothering with this who did go to games in the Euro qualifiers mainly because they don't have the annual leave after Germany or in the case of a couple of Killie and St Mirren fans chose their European away trips over this. I would normally do all 3 but I'm probably doing 2 max.

I'd like to think this will drop down a bit, Croatia might be another story though if we get a shite allocation with their stadium still half shut.

I'd quite like to go to Portugal, and I think I said yes in the travel plans, but reluctantly I've accepted I'm not going. I assume with my boy on 12 we'd probably have got tickets if we wanted them.

However, we'll have a club game on the Saturday which makes it a pest to get to in time (I'd have to fly early Sunday morning and I hate risking matchday travel on a plane). There are no particularly convenient flights back on the Monday at a quick glance (changing planes in Dublin and taking about 7 hours to come back was the best I could see). Also would mean Mini Me missing at least another day of school plus he has a dentist appointment already scheduled for the Monday morning.

No, TV it is for this one. If we lose in the SPFL Trust Trophy 3rd round I'll consider Croatia maybe, though by the sound of it getting a ticket when he'll by then be on 13 points, might be difficult. If we're still in the cup though we'll have a game that day. Don't see me going to Poland on a Monday night in November either. Busy time of year at work so at least two days missed is difficult as well as the standing school issue.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Portugal tickets working OK for everyone? Not letting me buy with any of my cards.

I received a "coming soon" message despite having enough points. I followed the instructions below, and there were no issues with the payment once I gained access.

Posted (edited)

Email out from the SFA saying tickets back on sale for the 3 home games and the SFA have said they're aware Poland have missed the deadline for the away venue in November and they're in contact with them and UEFA.

Portugal away down to 6 points as of 10am.  Maybe we'll hear less complaints about harvesters now 4 of the last 10 have been 100% collection, another 2 have required you to scan your ticket for the credit and only 4 games out of the 25 since we switched to the new points system have required you to have attended away games in order to have enough points to get a ticket (Faroe Islands, Moldova, Ukraine and Norway).

Edited by Pie Of The Month

8 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Email out from the SFA saying tickets back on sale for the 3 home games and the SFA have said they're aware Poland have missed the deadline for the away venue in November and they're in contact with them and UEFA.

Portugal away down to 6 points as of 10am.  Maybe we'll hear less complaints about harvesters now 4 of the last 10 have been 100% collection, another 2 have required you to scan your ticket for the credit and only 4 games out of the 25 since we switched to the new points system have required you to have attended away games in order to have enough points to get a ticket (Faroe Islands, Moldova, Ukraine and Norway).

I was frustrated missing out on tickets in Oslo but as you say, can't complain now. Typical that I have no annual leave left to take advantage of any away games in the nations league though 😂

Qualifying for tournaments fair puts a dent in the holidays.

Tickets bought this morning for Poland and Croatia home games. On holiday for the Portugal home game so missing that but already looking forward to taking my son to what will be his second and third Scotland games, travelling on the train and experiencing the atmosphere at Hampden

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Scanning tickets of course only detracts points harvesters who can't get rid of their ticket. I know several who were not at the Spain away game but their tickets were (don't know if that was a scan one or just buying it was enough, I wasn't there).

Still somewhat frustrated not to be going to Portugal.

With such a small allocation, I was surprised to pick up tickets for the Portugal away game despite my son and I only being on 8 points each. As low pointers, we’ve settled for getting tickets for recent away games (e.g. France in Lille) in the home end (although we got tickets through the supporters club for Gibraltar in Faro due to lack of demand) , and had to rely on the UEFA ballot for the Euros (we got tickets for the Hungary game). Our dismal showing in the Euros must really have put a dampener on demand for this one. I notice tickets are still on sale, and it’s down to 1 point now. Might even get to 0 points / general sale.

Can’t say we’re travelling with much expectation, but never been to Lisbon before and looking forward to it. We also want to make sure we rack up the points over the next couple of years just in case we qualify for the 2026 World Cup, as a trip to Canada and the States would be great, and I don’t want to rely on the ballot for that one. Looks like this Nations League campaign is the perfect opportunity to jump up the points ladder.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Scanning tickets of course only detracts points harvesters who can't get rid of their ticket. I know several who were not at the Spain away game but their tickets were (don't know if that was a scan one or just buying it was enough, I wasn't there).

Still somewhat frustrated not to be going to Portugal.

Spain wasn‘t a scan game. The number of people who had to collect their tickets was increased though. 

1 hour ago, Frankie S said:

With such a small allocation, I was surprised to pick up tickets for the Portugal away game despite my son and I only being on 8 points each. As low pointers, we’ve settled for getting tickets for recent away games (e.g. France in Lille) in the home end (although we got tickets through the supporters club for Gibraltar in Faro due to lack of demand) , and had to rely on the UEFA ballot for the Euros (we got tickets for the Hungary game). Our dismal showing in the Euros must really have put a dampener on demand for this one. I notice tickets are still on sale, and it’s down to 1 point now. Might even get to 0 points / general sale.

Can’t say we’re travelling with much expectation, but never been to Lisbon before and looking forward to it. We also want to make sure we rack up the points over the next couple of years just in case we qualify for the 2026 World Cup, as a trip to Canada and the States would be great, and I don’t want to rely on the ballot for that one. Looks like this Nations League campaign is the perfect opportunity to jump up the points ladder.

A mixture of people pissed off with the performance in Germany, running out of leave, overall cost but also the scan requirement (As SD mentions, if the harvester‘s able to sell it, then not a lot can be done).

Wouldn‘t surprise me if for one of the other away NL games, that they make one a 100% pick up. Presumably, the allocation in the Maksimir in Zagreb will be small due to one of the stands being currently closed. Even be sneaky and sell them as normal and announce the pick up relatively late due to ‚late receipt of the tickets‘.
The amount of dead grannies and aunties as well as urgent work trips to India or similar would be sky-high.