Stranraer vs Clyde

3 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Suspect if the boot had been on the other foot you would have been shouting for a red card. 

And it would have been equally ridiculous. It was a comparatively innocuous trip. As cynical as cynical gets to stop a promising attack but it wasn't dangerous and it wasn't directly denying a goalscoring opportunity. Never ever a red card. The challenge by Lyon that he missed any significant contact about 10 second earlier was a far worse challenge.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

12 minutes ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

The Stranraer highlights package is excellent but it is the commentary that is the real delight. The absolute indignation and howls for a red card as their player is tripped on the halfway miles from goal had me in stitches.

Nothing compares to the Falkirk commentators on their highlights package for being delusional.

17 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I was thinking the same.

It feels like Yogi Hughes at Raith a few years ago now. Where he's not actually that arsed and things are going badly, but he knows he'll wash his hands of Clyde when he leaves and probably still get a decent gig somewhere else.

I don't think initially he's all that great at the turning a club around thing. He's on his third go at it in (fairly) recent years.  

We were still hopeless until we stayed up on the last day, Partick were still bottom in March despite him being there since September and got relegated.  

It's usually the following season things are good.  

14 hours ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

The Stranraer highlights package is excellent but it is the commentary that is the real delight. The absolute indignation and howls for a red card as their player is tripped on the halfway miles from goal had me in stitches.

Two genuine supporters calling it as they see at the time.

Would rather tune into something with bit of bias and people saying it as it happens than some bland nonsense.

Stranraer Fc media is probably one of the best in the lower leagues. 

3 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Two genuine supporters calling it as they see at the time.

Would rather tune into something with bit of bias and people saying it as it happens than some bland nonsense.

Stranraer Fc media is probably one of the best in the lower leagues. 

Couldn't agree more. Love it

19 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

And it would have been equally ridiculous. It was a comparatively innocuous trip. As cynical as cynical gets to stop a promising attack but it wasn't dangerous and it wasn't directly denying a goalscoring opportunity. Never ever a red card. The challenge by Lyon that he missed any significant contact about 10 second earlier was a far worse challenge.

Glad someone agrees with me :lol: 

22 hours ago, SLClyde said:

What is the kit man doing at full time? Squaring up to folk in the middle of the park, giving home fans the fingers twice. 

That’s not the first incident with him, an embarrassment. 

Total embarrassment, he seems to never be far away from trouble, is he not the guy who got rid of the young Clyde supporter who helped out with the kit for a few years.

1 hour ago, shawfielder said:

Total embarrassment, he seems to never be far away from trouble, is he not the guy who got rid of the young Clyde supporter who helped out with the kit for a few years.

Many memories of Clyde at Shawfield. As a Stranraer supporter I hope you avoid the drop Clyde one of the good old Scottish teams.

On 10/02/2024 at 22:18, Bullyweeno1 said:

Guessed it was this guy when you said one of the back room staff giving Churchillian signal to your fans

Embarrassed by the guy and he should be relieved of his duties with immediate effect

They could start with banning him from Greggs.

On 11/02/2024 at 13:38, Nigel Blackwell said:

They're quite comical. Any time I listen to them I'm reminded of this sketch.