Falkirk v Hamilton Pt3

Even Falkirk can't mess it up from here.

The Accies players have chucked it, they know we can't win the league & that the playoffs are guaranteed.

We're actually lucky our start to the season has us so far clear in 2nd as the opposition managers (Bartley excepted) have Rankin's 'tactics' sussed now so we will only drop more points.

I've fortunately got another appointment on Saturday & so won't be wasting my time & about £40 on travelling to watch what feels like definitely being a title-clinching win for Falkirk.

4 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

This game won't decide the title,titles aren't won in February, need to come out the traps quickly etc

Title was won in December when we failed to beat Kelty the week after the 3-1 game.

Got a bad foot injury but aiming to attend as it will be the last time we play here for a few years as I can see The Club Supremo retaining Rankin next season unfortunately.

7 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Accies can’t stop Falkirk winning the league.  But Falkirk can.

This, it's all set up for us to make a c**t of it. I just hope I'm being dramatic. 

as mentioned previously, the big crowd, expectation to win, Hamilton fans stating it's over and the players have chucked it. I hate it. 

f**k it, I'll go against the grain and say that we'll win this 3-0 (O'Hara hat-trick) which will be the start of a title comeback for the ages as we win all of our remaining games and Falkirk lose all of theirs before losing the play-off final to Dunfermline. 

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

f**k it, I'll go against the grain and say that we'll win this 3-0 (O'Hara hat-trick) which will be the start of a title comeback for the ages as we win all of our remaining games and Falkirk lose all of theirs before losing the play-off final to Dunfermline. 

Sounds like the ultimate stress dream.

Like most Accies fans I believe the league is pretty much finished, won't catch Falkirk and barring a real collapse, surely too far ahead to be caught for 2nd.

Having said that, that's no excuse for us to give up here and lay down, a win may not do much for us league wise, but might bring about a bit of optimism for the play-offs. Would also give them their first league loss, and if you're not going to win it, at least make sure to get a few good hits in.

4 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Like most Accies fans I believe the league is pretty much finished, won't catch Falkirk and barring a real collapse, surely too far ahead to be caught for 2nd.

Having said that, that's no excuse for us to give up here and lay down, a win may not do much for us league wise, but might bring about a bit of optimism for the play-offs. Would also give them their first league loss, and if you're not going to win it, at least make sure to get a few good hits in.

Wouldnt be so sure you wont get caught. If we beat Hamilton and win our game in hand. Then cove/montrose will be closer to you than you are to us (assuming they win on saturday) 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

I honestly think if we lose on Saturday (which isn’t inconceivable), we will be under real pressure to beat Montrose on Tuesday night. That’s certainly not a given either.

I’d be surprised if Hamilton have chucked it already. I’d expect they see this game as last chance saloon and have a real go given the impact it could have on Falkirk. We’ve had a couple of bad results of recent so hardly hitting our top form consistently. It isn’t over yet. I’ll wait until we have the next two games under our belt before starting to think about the title…

Edited by roman_bairn

7 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

This, it's all set up for us to make a c**t of it. I just hope I'm being dramatic. 

as mentioned previously, the big crowd, expectation to win, Hamilton fans stating it's over and the players have chucked it. I hate it. 

I'm in the exact same boat brother. Danced this dance too many times over the years. 

I had Hamilton's league position down to key injuries rather than Rankin tbf - am I even a bit right?

There's still miles to go - couple of favourable/poor results one way or the other could totally flip the league - shiteing myself that we f'ck it up.

6 hours ago, Double t said:

With the falling attendances at NDP in the past few weeks how many Hamilton fans would you expect to bring on Saturday?

I know six buses that were booked from a few Pubs and all are now panicking due to folk all dropping out leaving the Bus Convenors out of pocket.

Personally speaking,they should make an effort to go as the Pubs in question have went out their way to source buses with one Pub even laying on free breakfasts before folk go to the game.

4 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Maybe if your fans got behind your team and backed them to the hilt you would give the players the belief that it isn't over yet and to fight until the end?

Stop whingeing and being defeatist, fill your buses, fill the stands and shout your lungs out.

It aint over 'til it's over.

Feeling nervous about this game. Been a Falkirk supporter for too long to know not to get carried away. I'm a pessimist and I've been thinking that one league defeat will see some nerves kicking in and more defeats will follow. Just hope that the first league defeat doesn't come on Saturday so 

C'mon Falkirk, get them pumped! 

21 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Even Falkirk can't mess it up from here.

The Accies players have chucked it, they know we can't win the league & that the playoffs are guaranteed.

We're actually lucky our start to the season has us so far clear in 2nd as the opposition managers (Bartley excepted) have Rankin's 'tactics' sussed now so we will only drop more points.

I've fortunately got another appointment on Saturday & so won't be wasting my time & about £40 on travelling to watch what feels like definitely being a title-clinching win for Falkirk.

Its basically a free hit for you though because, as you say, you’re all but guaranteed second so you might aswell throw the kitchen sink at it

Only 566 tickets left available to Falkirk fans in the Main Stand now. South Stand obviously sold out some time ago. Only 83 tickets left in the upper tier.

This doesn't include section H which looks like it has been reserved for Hamilton fans, not sure how those sales have gone?

Wonder if the North Stand will be opened to Falkirk fans if the Main Stand sells out? Would have been good to have filled the North stand with free local school kids and scout groups tickets etc for this game. More atmosphere and future fans potentially generated, plus ancillary revenues on the day.

24 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Only 566 tickets left available to Falkirk fans in the Main Stand now. South Stand obviously sold out some time ago. Only 83 tickets left in the upper tier.

This doesn't include section H which looks like it has been reserved for Hamilton fans, not sure how those sales have gone?

Wonder if the North Stand will be opened to Falkirk fans if the Main Stand sells out? Would have been good to have filled the North stand with free local school kids and scout groups tickets etc for this game. More atmosphere and future fans potentially generated, plus ancillary revenues on the day.

Block H lower holds 350 and the part of the upper that is not available holds around 100 

Assume the club will either open these bit by bit if the rest of the stand sells out, or split the north stand which can easily be done

Hamilton fans are meant to be in the North Stand I think

The last thing we want is a self-enforced partial stadium closure with paying customers not able to get a ticket

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876