Falkirk v Hamilton Pt3

Only 382 tickets left. This includes the newly opened, and last available, section H.

9 tickets left in the upper tier and 11 left in the Falkirk end of the Main Stand.

With todays sales still to go it's going to get very close to a home sell out. Should mean well over 5,500 Falkirk fans today. Accies fans on top should push it to nearer 6,000.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

8 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

We had c5250 home fans versus the Fife lot in the Nov 22 derby but otherwise, I think this will be going back to that United play off yeah 

Reckon there will be more Falkirk fans today than we had at that game, should be a cracking atmosphere 

40 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Reckon there will be more Falkirk fans today than we had at that game, should be a cracking atmosphere 

We all know how that day went too. Please, not today Falkirk 

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

Crazy that we aren't splitting the North stand IMo.

Difficult one for me. There are still around 300 tickets left, so the majority of fans who want a ticket should get one.

Not sure it would be financially viable splitting the north with all the security costs that would entail for maybe less than 100 bairns.

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Difficult one for me. There are still around 300 tickets left, so the majority of fans who want a ticket should get one.

Not sure it would be financially viable splitting the north with all the security costs that would entail for maybe less than 100 bairns.

I would have opened up half the north stand before opening up section H. Means the team are kicking toward our fans in both halves and should also help with the atmosphere.

I'm not sure if Block H will sell out but it's going to be close. Hopefully the club will open the north stand if required, would be madness not to. 

Turnstiles on the gables only and a separating wall right down the middle of the concourse. It was designed for exactly this kind of occasion 

36 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I see the club have just announced 5171 Falkirk tickets sold. That doesn’t add up to me given the tickets available- can’t imagine only 71 have been sold since yesterday’s update.

The only thing I can think is they aren't including comps etc.

There are only 354 seats left. There is way more than 71 sold since yesterday, we've sold more than that this morning.

25 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I would think even if the main did sell out, any plan to segregate the north would need to have been planned well in advance.

It hasn’t been done for 15+ years so there would need to be logistics in place that can’t be put in place on the morning of the game.

That isnt correct though, we split the stand for game against East Fife 2 years ago, 3 full sections of Falkirk fans, 1 empty section and East Fife fans in the last two.

You're also really overthinking the logistics. Move the plastic segregation divider and seat covers over the seats, could even do 2 sections if the club was worried. Move two sets of metal barriers across to block off the front area and a few stewards, it would be fine 

20240217_095706.thumb.jpg.ab03330f0a1327e17e298f012a2024ac.jpg

30 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I see the club have just announced 5171 Falkirk tickets sold. That doesn’t add up to me given the tickets available- can’t imagine only 71 have been sold since yesterday’s update.

Sold out never really means sold out though. The KM stand was sold out for TNS but still had a 100/150 empty seats. I've noticed this quite a bit.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Sold out never really means sold out though. The KM stand was sold out for TNS but still had a 100/150 empty seats. I've noticed this quite a bit.

Football club reported attendances have always fascinated me down the years - very rarely does an attendance get over reported, or even accurately reported. The Stirling Albion game this season at there's is a prime example, away stand completely sold out, away terracing packed and home end busy yet the reported attendance was at least 1,000 off (which is a big percentage) what it should have been IMHO. The way clubs include exclude season tickets, comps, cash gates is a mystery.

Only 310 seats left today and every time you go in there are more gone so still selling fast.

32 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

It does really. The seats have still be sold. The difference is between sold out and physical attendance 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

That isnt correct though, we split the stand for game against East Fife 2 years ago, 3 full sections of Falkirk fans, 1 empty section and East Fife fans in the last two.

You're also really overthinking the logistics. Move the plastic segregation divider and seat covers over the seats, could even do 2 sections if the club was worried. Move two sets of metal barriers across to block off the front area and a few stewards, it would be fine 

20240217_095706.thumb.jpg.ab03330f0a1327e17e298f012a2024ac.jpg

Regardless of how simple it would be I doubt it’s somthing the club would be allowed to do last minute, we don’t live in a world of common sense and there’s probably a bit of red tape involved to do this. Most likely these arrangements are all made in advance through the week being approved by the police match advisor with stewarding and policing all pre planned and staffing arranged in advance. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 hours till kick off and I'm genuinely surprised at how many and fast tickets are still selling at this late stage.

Only 2 tickets left in the upper tier, and only 8 left in the South end of the Main Stand (Benny T section).

There are only 265 tickets left overall, and the only seats left sitting together are in section H.

Didn't think at this stage the game would sell out, but I think folks are starting to think they should get a ticket before it sells out and they miss out (hopefully!)

Edit to add club just tweeted still quoting 5,171 (over sold) probably too busy to update - plus what looks like 133 Hamilton tickets if thats the difference between the totals quoted