Edinburgh City v Queens

There are a couple of Edinburgh based Queens fans who will wander along to this and who are good guys. As we're heading for L2 as long as we put on a good display I'm not too fussed. 

We've actually got a midweek at Kelty on Tuesday so as long as we come out of that unscathed...

22 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Think I’d make 3 changes from Saturday, depending on fitness. Gibson, Cochrane and Mumbongo for McKechnie, Ferguson and Doherty. 

I'd agree with bringing those three in but I think Ferguson has done ok of late and although McKay was my mom on Saturday I'd leave him out. Surely we won't need a sitting midfielder against City?

Edited to add, I'd expect Mumbongo to get 60/65 mins.

Edited by bod

As has been said previously I’d like to see three changes from last weeks starting 11.

This should be a relatively easy win for us, but we must take Bartley’s line-up and game plan into account.

City’s young team no doubt will be full of enthusiasm and hopefully they’ll be feeling the effects of their midweek game.

Bold, I know but I’m going for a 4-0 win for Queens to try and keep our diminishing chances of the play-offs alive!

3 hours ago, bod said:

As has been said previously I’d like to see three changes from last weeks starting 11.

This should be a relatively easy win for us, but we must take Bartley’s line-up and game plan into account.

City’s young team no doubt will be full of enthusiasm and hopefully they’ll be feeling the effects of their midweek game.

Bold, I know but I’m going for a 4-0 win for Queens to try and keep our diminishing chances of the play-offs alive!

What could possibly go wrong 🙂

28 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

City are 14/1 to win this one. On the basis that something has to go right for us before the end of the season, I'm going to stick a tenner on that. 

If there's a game on which to back City before the end of the season, then this is it. 👍

15 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Barely believable that any team in same league could be 14/1 to beat us at their home ground. Clearly the Odds Compilers haven't actually seen us play? 

No but they've heard it was a good performance last week in our excellent 0-0 draw (against a side that even Edinburgh put 2 past)

9 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

City are 14/1 to win this one. On the basis that something has to go right for us before the end of the season, I'm going to stick a tenner on that. 

Get to the back of the line of Queens fans then !

9 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Did you hit £100 by mistake? See it's come right in to 9's (McBookie) and 7's (365). 

Botterill, McClelland, Brydon, Kilsby, Logan, Ferguson, Cochrane, Connelly, McKechnie, Doherty, Reilly

bench:   McKay, McGuffie, Mumbongo, Ambrose, Ross, Gibson, Burns, Walker, Green

So Efe makes way for Kilsby and Cochrane is back in place of McKay.  Good to see Gibson back and Jay Burns on the bench for the first time.  Have we signed Green or will this be the last time he can be named as a trialist?

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Our line up according to BBC (I know)

Queens subs 41.Trialist 5.McKay 11.McGuffie 22.Mumbongo 24.Ambrose 26.Ross 27.Gibson 28.Burns 30.Walker

E0F7D74E-A166-4959-AA83-24FE5FC45CB4.thumb.png.e08d7f9986f5873e8560ef806beb2a5d.png

That's actually pretty good, for the BBC. If it's 3 at the back, I imagine Connelly will play off the strikers. Could be 4 at the back with Connelly and McKechnie wide?