Edinburgh City v Queens

4 minutes ago, Carmel Wafer said:

Some laugh. "Right lads, stick a man on the post to be safe but make sure you leave the post at the first sign of danger". Looked like McKay lost him. 

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Was told by someone else that 6 minutes was surprising. After I received the text my first thought was "Well that's what's getting the blame from Bartley tonight then". 

I admire you're optimism. Annan are terrible but they at least have a bit of fight about them, something we completely lack. Looking at the upcoming fixtures for both sides I think it's not inconceivable to think we could only be 3 pts ahead of them after our game at Galabank. 

I think that defensively at least, we have enough about us to stay up. Brydon, McLelland, Ambrose and new boy Kilsby (and keeper Stone, once he returns from injury) are all pretty solid for this level. It’s our lack of cutting edge up front and quality in midfield that concerns me. I’m not dismissing the possibility of relegation, but I’d be surprised if we went down, this season at least. 

Edited by Frankie S

25 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I really didn’t think 6 minutes was surprising, fwiw. There were at least 2 lengthy treatment stoppages, as well as substitutions, and a couple of occasions where the ref had fairly lengthy conversations with his assistant. I can easily see the justification for that amount of added time. 

I said to one of our fans at the gate that it would be 6-7 minutes so no complaints. I’m not even going to comment on our performance. I would sack the manager and all the players but as we have no cash stuck with him and this mob til end of the season. Thank god I will miss 4 games in March/ April as overseas as I am getting no pleasure out of this at all at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Frankie S said:

I think that defensively at least, we have enough about us to stay up. Brydon, McLelland, Ambrose and new boy Kilsby (and keeper Stone, once he returns from injury) are all pretty solid for this level. It’s our lack of cutting edge up front and quality in midfield that concerns me. I’m not dismissing the possibility of relegation, but I’d be surprised if we went down, this season at least. 

That is the problem we play not to lose rather than win .

We have nothing in midfield and attack and most important we don't score enough goals. 

Annan have 6 points in there last 3 games we have 2 relagation form .

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

How did Ambrose react, with applause? Don't see him as an angry person.

looking at goal it looks like it bounced off his head instead of him getting a clean header on it. If only he had headed it away

Just now, queenslad said:

If only he had headed it away

Let's not torture ourselves by dwelling on how close we came, to what would have been an absolutely fantastic victory for our club and everyone associated with it.

To have such glory snatched away like that feels so cruel.

alan-hansen-you-cant-win-anything-with-kids.gif.573978c181929a21cca0c6455b35caa2.gif

True.. we only drew.. 

fergietime.jpg.48f057dc6f57f2e2cf73ac50a3bb3e2a.jpg

I suppose if, for example, Gibson hadn't gone down "injured" only to miraculously hare after a ball two minutes later (if I had his miraculous recuperative powers I'd drink more on a Saturday night) then it would have been 1-0 to Queen of the South with little extra time played. 

On 17/02/2024 at 17:58, Rjc-1988 said:

First half performance was woeful- no urgency, no creativity and never remotely looked like scoring.

Second half was marginally better after Mumbongo’s introduction and the goal was well worked.

The logical next move would surely have been to go all out for a second goal but after a succession of needless and unfathomable substitutions we seemed to retreat into a defensive shell. Our welcoming invitation to attack us was duly accepted and the inevitable sucker punch duly arrived with the last kick of the match from a very unlikely source!!

Annan within striking distance of us if they can beat us at Galabank which really shouldn’t be that difficult. There have been so many lows for us all to endure this season but we are now plumbing new depths. Credit to Edinburgh - a thoroughly deserved point. A relegation play off doesn’t bear thinking about but there is no confidence in our Manager from either players or supporters. Can only hope that our points advantage will keep us safe but I wouldn’t bank on it.

This^^^  yes I know he's tried to explain them to Sandra but just like last week they changed the game in the wrong way. Again McGuffie for Connelly took all our energy and momentum away, and finally a pet have of mine in the "modern game". Why do we bring everyone back when defending a corner, it just invited the opposition onto us? If we'd left two up they'd have had to keep the keeper and at least 2 if not 3 defenders back! Another example of Bartleys negative tactics.

29 minutes ago, bod said:

Why do we bring everyone back when defending a corner, it just invited the opposition onto us? If we'd left two up they'd have had to keep the keeper and at least 2 if not 3 defenders back! 

Can’t agree with that for the goal we lost at the death. If Edinburgh don’t score from that corner they lose. They’d have put everyone up for it even if we left a player or two up front. Indeed had that happened and we’d kept a player or two up front Bartley would be getting pelters for allowing us to be outnumbered at a last gasp set piece. 

2 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Just seen the goal , didn't even know it was their keeper that scored on Saturday , right kick in the stanes that wan 

tbf it's usually the sort of thing that happens against City rather than for them.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

tbf it's usually the sort of thing that happens against City rather than for them.

Thought you guys played quite well against us last week as well and as I said another 10 mins and you would've taken a point I reckon , the young ones just kept at it all game , Muambo no 7 I thinks his name was a real handful and should've buried his 1 on 1 but really like the looks of him