Greenock Morton v Heart of Midlothian

12 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Last train to Edinburgh leaves at 9:30

Last Edinburgh train out of Queen Street is at 23.45 on a Friday night. Even if you got the 22.34 train at Cartsdyke, you'd have over 20 minutes to get from Central to Queen Street.

Edited by Stevie Aitken's Love Child

16 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Last Edinburgh train out of Queen Street is at 23.45 on a Friday night. Even if you got the 22.34 train at Cartsdyke, you'd have over 20 minutes to get from Central to Queen Street.

Was thinking the same, no chance las train is 930. 

51 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Thanks

That gets in to Central at 23:18 giving me 27 minutes

The Journey Planner I used (Trainline) was obviously being far, far too cautious with the transfer time from Central to Queen Street. 

It must have been working on the assumption I had lots of luggage,  a dodgy ankle, a stroppy toddler with me and had never been to glasgow before so didn't know where I was going

1 hour ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Thing is looking at how often they are, that runs the risk of pretty much everyone going for the same train if going by public transport which is far from ideal. Maybe they could be sensible and make it a 7pm KO, but even then, the risk of ET means the same thing. Friday is pish from the POV of it being an away trip everyone would've been keen on.

While I don't actually disagree, somehow I doubt the mirror image logistical issues would be considered if it were Morton visiting Edinburgh - which at cup QF stage and on this form would also have involved an away crowd of 3,000 or more.  

29 minutes ago, virginton said:

While I don't actually disagree, somehow I doubt the mirror image logistical issues would be considered if it were Morton visiting Edinburgh - which at cup QF stage and on this form would also have involved an away crowd of 3,000 or more.  

I don't doubt it, but I also don't think it's being considered here either. If the BBC want it on the Friday, it'll be the Friday. 

I just think it's pish, but then equally sending Killie fans to Aberdeen on a Friday would be shite as well. 

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Thanks

That gets in to Central at 23:18 giving me 27 minutes

The Journey Planner I used (Trainline) was obviously being far, far too cautious with the transfer time from Central to Queen Street. 

It must have been working on the assumption I had lots of luggage,  a dodgy ankle, a stroppy toddler with me and had never been to glasgow before so didn't know where I was going

Trainline obviously assumed that you'd forgotten to mention your wheelchair, your bicycle, your false leg (the other one, without the dodgy ankle),  your Sinclair C5, the forklift for your vast luggage pile, the fact that you're blind, the fact that you suffer from Siderodromophobia (fear of trains) - and that you're a Japanese person who can't read any English signs............

........... and the fact that you're a Hearts supporter. Since I'm feeling sporting and conciliatory today (along with the fact that you have to suffer the horror of spending more than 30 seconds in Glasgow) - I'll allow it.

I wish you a great night. Best wishes from Greenock.

12 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

If it’s a shitshow with the trains Helensburgh over the water is a half decent night out with plenty places to stay. Dunno if the taxi fare is big tbf.

Reckon paying for the value of a Škoda Octavia being plunged into the river Clyde would be quite substantial tbh.

Dunoon, on the other hand, is easily doable from Gourock with boats running well after the final whistle. 

Edited by vikingTON

2 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

Trainline obviously assumed that you'd forgotten to mention your wheelchair, your bicycle, your false leg (the other one, without the dodgy ankle),  your Sinclair C5, the forklift for your vast luggage pile, the fact that you're blind, the fact that you suffer from Siderodromophobia (fear of trains) - and that you're a Japanese person who can't read any English signs............

........... and the fact that you're a Hearts supporter. Since I'm feeling sporting and conciliatory today (along with the fact that you have to suffer the horror of spending more than 30 seconds in Glasgow) - I'll allow it.

I wish you a great night. Best wishes from Greenock.

ありがとう

39 minutes ago, virginton said:

Škoda

Absolutely massive props for this, VT. The only-known P&B example of a correctly-accented 'Sch' consonant from the Czech Republic. I was going to say 'Superb' - but I thought better of it.

On 14/02/2024 at 18:25, Tony Wonder said:

I don't doubt it, but I also don't think it's being considered here either. If the BBC want it on the Friday, it'll be the Friday. 

I just think it's pish, but then equally sending Killie fans to Aberdeen on a Friday would be shite as well. 

We got sent to Inverness on a Friday night at this stage last season. In fact, each of our last three trips to Inverness have been on Fridays.

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

We got sent to Inverness on a Friday night at this stage last season. In fact, each of our last three trips to Inverness have been on Fridays.

Inverness have had lots of lunchtime kick offs in semi finals in either Glasgow or Edinburgh, and I think most of them have been on Sundays.  This does speak to the contempt with which paying spectators are regarded.