Rangers v Ross County: Valentines Day

1 hour ago, StoneThrowAway said:

GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS, GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRRAAAAAAY

Disappointed with the result and with myself for failing to remember the name of the band and internet cheating.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The guys on the radio said he was outstanding in the 2nd half ?

Aye but quantity ≠ quality 

There were lots of saveable attempts and that says more about the attackers than the goalie

As I said earlier I would have taken 4-1. The 1 is the bonus, sort of, if Brophy and Murray can form a partnership (quickly), we could survive, our only hope is that we can score more than we fail to defend against the teams around us.

31 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

Rangers had 43 shots (23 on target). I'm not sure I've ever seen a number like that in a 90minute game. Maybe a stat guy could confirm this?

It was a 105 minute game though.

Strong performance where it really should’ve been a bigger winning margin.

Someone has already pointed out the number of shots which shows how dominant we were in the main but we still look a bit fragile at the back, particularly with balls over the top - Souttar completely caught out again, but it was a lovely cross that put it on a plate for Murray, and did he do the Morelos celebration? 😂 good laugh if so.

I said it a week or two ago, and it feels slightly harsh to criticise Dessers after scoring a brace, but I really do feel that the decision not to bring in another out and out striker during the transfer window may come back to haunt us, particularly as it seems Danilo’s season is over.

Still though, it’s a good time to have some perspective. Nobody would’ve expected us to be in this position following Beale’s sacking. An excellent job that Clement has done and he has the squad looking a lot more positive and assured.

41 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

As I said earlier I would have taken 4-1. The 1 is the bonus, sort of, if Brophy and Murray can form a partnership (quickly), we could survive, our only hope is that we can score more than we fail to defend against the teams around us.

Yeah, totally spot-on. The team IS good enough to survive IMO, play offs or otherwise...

3-1 loss to an very in-form Rangers away from home isn't a disaster.

However bloody Aberdeen drawing with Well though could be problematic towards end of season. It's those kind of results that could relegate County...

As AJF said above, Dessers is starting to get a decent tally of goals but his misses are ridiculous at times.  The County goal was like the Alamo tonight, almost everything seemed to be sticking to their keeper. 

3 points and now level with celtic despite looking as if we were too far behind earlier in the season,  still a long way to go.

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

As AJF said above, Dessers is starting to get a decent tally of goals but his misses are ridiculous at times.  The County goal was like the Alamo tonight, almost everything seemed to be sticking to their keeper. 

3 points and now level with celtic despite looking as if we were too far behind earlier in the season,  still a long way to go.

It’s strange to think that at a point just two months ago Celtic were 11 points ahead of us. And while we have clawed that back, I still don’t feel we have performed all that well other than a handful of times (tonight being one of them).

3 hours ago, paddymcp said:

Rangers had 43 shots (23 on target). I'm not sure I've ever seen a number like that in a 90minute game. Maybe a stat guy could confirm this?

Heard something on the radio that (I think) said it was the most shots on target in a Scottish top flight game since Opta started recording the stats 10 or 11 years ago (I'm pretty sure Opta have been going longer than that in Scotland though)

10 hours ago, paddymcp said:

Set a record for the most saves in a league game. 

55 minutes ago, wingnut said:

Sevco were always gonny win this,as long as we keep winning the Celts should win the league 🍀

celtics 'luck' against Hibs shows why their fans are rightfully confident. 

13 hours ago, AJF said:

Strong performance where it really should’ve been a bigger winning margin.

Someone has already pointed out the number of shots which shows how dominant we were in the main but we still look a bit fragile at the back, particularly with balls over the top - Souttar completely caught out again, but it was a lovely cross that put it on a plate for Murray, and did he do the Morelos celebration? 😂 good laugh if so.

I said it a week or two ago, and it feels slightly harsh to criticise Dessers after scoring a brace, but I really do feel that the decision not to bring in another out and out striker during the transfer window may come back to haunt us, particularly as it seems Danilo’s season is over.

Still though, it’s a good time to have some perspective. Nobody would’ve expected us to be in this position following Beale’s sacking. An excellent job that Clement has done and he has the squad looking a lot more positive and assured.

Are you quite sure you support Rangers - you sound entirely reasonable 😁