Falkirk v Montrose

I’d freshen things up as it did end up being a bit of a battle yesterday and I’d imagine there’ll be a few casualties anyway.

That’s not to say I’m not worried about Montrose who always give us a game at home. On decent form as well only losing 2 out of the last 11 games.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up a draw to be honest. Just need to keep ticking the games off.

Yep, it's a cliche but its never an easy game against Montrose and I'd love to win this one comfortably for a change (like the recent home game v Cove). They will be well organised and clinical when given chances as usual. First goal is important, can't give them something to hold onto.

The Hamilton win probably took a lot out of the players and I think he may well freshen things up a bit, as long as its not Edinburgh away levels of freshening up. All being well injury wise I'd start with the same 11 and tell them I was bringing 4 subs on early at 55-60 minutes, the other sub with 10 to go.

2 tough games in a few days for us isn't easy but we have had both at home, Montrose also have the same 2 games but are away one of them and their players will have been working so no excuses on that front.

A draw would'nt be a disaster but it would be nice to keep applying the pressure on Rankin and Hamilton. A 14 point gap with 12 games to go would mean they would need to catch up more than a point every single one of the 12 games left.

Looking forward to it (again). 

30 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I think I'd make one or two tweaks to the team for this one. Not Edinburgh City style madness but maybe giving Ross and Tait a start purely to give others a rest before another game on Saturday. 

Tait for Nesbitt for me, unlikely as John loves Nesbitt.

3 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Another big effort to get a win and go 14 points clear. Get it done asap. 

Is being regarded as a free hit by Stewart Petrie. Will be fielding a team with an eye on what on paper at least is a more winnable game on Saturday. 

Edited by Brummo

We do not take the foot off the gas. Montrose gave us a tough game at home earlier in the season. We do not let up, we do not make wholesale changes. We go for the win.

Yep. Tough game expected but I am a fan of getting the PT teams midweek. 

Hopefully get a decent crowd so that there's no comedown from Saturday but McGlynn had his scare with complacency v Edinburgh. Best team out. Subs for impact. 

Montrose have probably given us our toughest games of the season, reckon Tuesday will be no different. Our record against part-time teams midweek must be pretty good so hopefully that continues.

Would honestly be happy with a point here, was eyeing the double header and thinking 4 points would be just dandy and we've already chalked 3 up from the Hamilton game.

As others have said despite our brilliant form, maybe 2-3 changes required just to freshen things up a bit without going crazy? There's really no one obvious to drop though. 

Hopefully a large chunk of the 5,455 Falkirk fans who turned out yesterday come along again and back the team 

8 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Tait for Nesbitt for me, unlikely as John loves Nesbitt.

And because Tait doesn’t play that position. If you are leaving out Nesbitt then I would play either Alfie or Ross. Personally I would leave Nesbitt where he is.