Falkirk v Montrose

11 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

What work does Petrie do outside football? The consistency he has produced over the years with Montrose is very admirable and he must have been offered a job at Championship level at least?

I believe he's in a very secure job in the finance sector. It would be a risk for him to go into full time management where success isn't guaranteed and sackings are far too regular.

50 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

I believe he's in a very secure job in the finance sector. It would be a risk for him to go into full time management where success isn't guaranteed and sackings are far too regular.

Fair play to him. Doing a good job for Montrose so life is more secure that way

10 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Fair play to him. Doing a good job for Montrose so life is more secure that way

Been brilliant for us since he rocked up at LP have to admit though Ross Campbell does a lot of the work on the training pitch and knows his stuff(so I'm told anyway)the pair have a good balance with each other.

Aye Petries Montrose sides have always impressed me in the past few years of being down here. Always good defensively and going forward. 

Still, I'd rather we stuck with the same team that started on Saturday, get 3 points in the bag and then make the changes. That's how we've done it all season why stop now. Not that I think Montrose will make it easy. 

Same referee we had against Kelty Hearts earlier in season at New Brockville. One of the worst displays I have ever seen and there has been plenty of competition. Worth a tenner on Montrose with an accumulator on number of Falkirk cards and free kicks against us

3 hours ago, PortyMo said:

You guys happy with a point, we'd be happy with a point. Let's just call it a draw and move on to Saturday. 

I am greedy, I want this league wrapped up asap so it is a no for me

6 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The ref maybe throw a spanner in the works here

Quite simply the biggest diddy I have ever seen officiate a football match in my life 

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point we get a ref who wants to bring our long unbeaten league run to an end with a dodgy sending off and/or penalty.

There were some pretty poor decisions on Saturday versus Hamilton. Thankfully we seem to be working hard at not retaliating and keeping our discipline, also we are scoring plenty which means the inevitable poor decision isn't costing us, as yet.

6 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The ref maybe throw a spanner in the works here

Quite simply the biggest diddy I have ever seen officiate a football match in my life 

Who is the ref tonight?

3 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point we get a ref who wants to bring our long unbeaten league run to an end with a dodgy sending off and/or penalty.

There were some pretty poor decisions on Saturday versus Hamilton. Thankfully we seem to be working hard at not retaliating and keeping our discipline, also we are scoring plenty which means the inevitable poor decision isn't costing us, as yet.

As you say, there were loads of bad decisions, it was his treatment of free kicks and throw ins that I noticed. There was one in the first half where Spencer took the kick while the ref wasn't looking but he just let it go. Exactly the same thing happened later, he let it go then obviously thought, 'I can't do that' and pulled it back. Several times with throw ins, he let the throw be taken from the wrong place, while at other times he insisted on players moving back a yard or two!

My Grandson's just started reffereeing and I reckon he could already do a better job than most of these guys!

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Iain Snedden 

Awww naw. Definitely the worst we've had, although this will actually be the fourth time he's reffed us this season.