Ayr United v Raith Rovers

Ayr are going in to this one without a right back which is marginally worse than going in to it with our right back. We are also missing Jamie Murphy which is huge. He seems to manage 60-70 minutes these days before limping off so we can play without him fairly well but he n dictates a lot of what we do when he starts. Chalmers will come back in I’d assume. 
We will probably play Stanger at right back which will make us unbalanced, Reading won’t have the same protection that Murphy offers. It’s very much a game we need to either control the midfield or push Raith back like Bullens teams used to. 

Not hugely confident but we have been a more solid team of late. Raith looked to have well and truly shat their collective pants until last Friday. 2-2 Draw. 2 sendings off and 2 penalties. Probably both against Ayr. 

25 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I normally park on McCalls avenue or West Sanquhar road but for away fans wanting to get on to the 77, the skate park is probably better

If you get there at a decent time, the car park at the old Ianottis is ideal, straight out to the roundabout between the old Police station and Tams brig and miss all the traffic.

One of the guys mentioned it in the podcast, but if Ayr are playing someone out of position at RB, then it's definitely worth bringing Easton back into the starting 11.  There could also be a case made for bringing him on with 30 to go so he can then run at a RB who's out of position and tired.

Trying to guess what team Murray will pick is never easy and this week is no different.

I'm really hopeful that last Friday's season was the start of getting our season going again so will predict a hard-fought away win.

2 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

One of the guys mentioned it in the podcast, but if Ayr are playing someone out of position at RB, then it's definitely worth bringing Easton back into the starting 11.  There could also be a case made for bringing him on with 30 to go so he can then run at a RB who's out of position and tired.

Trying to guess what team Murray will pick is never easy and this week is no different.

I'm really hopeful that last Friday's season was the start of getting our season going again so will predict a hard-fought away win.

We played Tomlinson against Airdrie who is a right winger and had played, combined over 3 games…about 10 minutes of senior football at right back. The reason for this was a recommendation from McGeady who had been doing 1 to 1 coaching with him. He played 15 minutes at Ibrox at right back and did well. 
Against Airdrie he was given a bit of a towsing and was done with a “need to buy a ticket to get back in the game” nutmeg that led to Airdries first goal. He was hooked at half time and I don’t think he’ll be there on Saturday, he maybe needs to grow in to it rather than flung in to it.

It’ll most likely be a centre back at right back, Stanger probably. 

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We played Tomlinson against Airdrie who is a right winger and had played, combined over 3 games…about 10 minutes of senior football at right back. The reason for this was a recommendation from McGeady who had been doing 1 to 1 coaching with him. He played 15 minutes at Ibrox at right back and did well. 
Against Airdrie he was given a bit of a towsing and was done with a “need to buy a ticket to get back in the game” nutmeg that led to Airdries first goal. He was hooked at half time and I don’t think he’ll be there on Saturday, he maybe needs to grow in to it rather than flung in to it.

I'm also a rugby fan and my earliest rugby memory is his old man scoring the try against England for Scotland to win the grand slam in 1990.  Strange that I'm watching him play for the first time on Calcutta Cup day.  Hopefully, he has a really shitty football day but then enjoys the rugby later.

Edited by AllanJM

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

McCalister gets done with that near every single game to be fair so he's immediately the standard we are used to at worst.  

1 minute ago, AllanJM said:

I'm also a rugby fan and my earliest rugby memory is his old man scoring the try against England for Scotland to win the grand slam in 1990.  Strange that I'm watching him play for the first time on Calcutta Cup day.  Hopefully, he has a really shitty football day but then enjoys the rugby later.

Lmao

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

McCalister gets done with that near every single game to be fair so he's immediately the standard we are used to at worst.  

There is similarities between Tomlinsons nutmeg and McCallisters - getting done on the outside, being so bad, by the time he realises he’s being done, the player is 10 yards from him putting a cross in. Shown in glorious HD during the Rangers game and at least 15 times in the first half against Dundee United.

The only difference is, McCallister has played over 100 senior games and has developed in to a decent league one right back who is out of contract in the summer and Tomlinson is a teenager that is unlikely to develop while getting made a c**t of every week. Playing reserve games, coming off the bench and maybe starting towards the end of the season with a view to him breaking through properly next seasons would make more sense. 

2 minutes ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

Musonda played several games at right back when he was with us, I'm surprised he's not the defender you'd move over

Stanger got up and down the wing against Dundee United once he moved out there. Musonda would most likely sit defensively. It would mean making more changes to things  than if it was Stanger. Musonda moved out there on Saturday so I wouldn’t rule him out of playing there.  I just think Stanger is more likely. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Stanger got up and down the wing against Dundee United once he moved out there. Musonda would most likely sit defensively. It would mean making more changes to things  than if it was Stanger. Musonda moved out there on Saturday so I wouldn’t rule him out of playing there.  I just think Stanger is more likely. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Jack Sanders starts this one and Musonda gets moved to right back. Chalmers will certainly start. But who knows - Broonie will have been planning something while watchin how we've looked in training. Love the guessing game. 

Musknda can play across the back line, he filled in at LB foe us when he first signed. 

Think Rovers will take more fans than expected on the day. Ayr is a bit of a trek but it's the sort of season where you'll regret not getting to as many games as possible. 

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

As long as hes better than yon fecker at the game tonight............ shocking

Oh he'll be great for you....

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

That'll be the kiss of death on us then 😂😂

According to Transfermarkt our hilarious record with him in charge is:

P 27 - W 3 - D 7 - L 17

Last win: 10/17/20

It's almost match fixing appointing him :lol: