Ayr United v Raith Rovers

On 20/02/2024 at 18:51, shizzlemanizzle said:

Walking through Glasgow?

Freezing Major League Baseball GIF by MLB

I live in Glasgow (reluctantly) as an economic refugee and I avoid Glasgow city centre like it is Wuhan circa 2020. Thoughts and prayers to Raith fans braving this. God speed.

Grow up

24 minutes ago, Weekeith said:

No no no I ain't lying s'all true.  VoR if you're reading this ask your da for the story. Old stool rules.  

Don't worry, Zen has just never encountered a woman outside of a work place setting so presumed it's the same for everyone else. 

After all of the talk, I might actually now get the train to this.

Only £18.90 for a return for me and the wee man from Dunblane with the friends & family railcard (btw if you travel with kids it's definitely worth getting one).  It also means I can watch the Calcutta Cup on my phone instead of listening to it on the radio in the car (yes, I also like eggball).  If I'm not too worried about pre-match beers, I assume it's better to get off at Newton-on-Ayr.

35 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Only £18.90 for a return for me and the wee man from Dunblane with the friends & family railcard (btw if you travel with kids it's definitely worth getting one).  It also means I can watch the Calcutta Cup on my phone instead of listening to it on the radio in the car (yes, I also like eggball).  If I'm not too worried about pre-match beers, I assume it's better to get off at Newton-on-Ayr.

Aye you’ll need to get off at prestwick then on a shuttle train to Ayr because of the station being limited. Think it should stop at Newton on Ayr, can get a pint in the hub next to the ground. 

29 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Yeah, if headed straight to the ground then Newton is your best bet. If you were a bit early and did fancy popping in somewhere, then at the ground you'll find the hub or round the corner is the Hawkhill bowling club. Away fans welcome in both.

5 hours ago, AUcal said:

Yeah, if headed straight to the ground then Newton is your best bet. If you were a bit early and did fancy popping in somewhere, then at the ground you'll find the hub or round the corner is the Hawkhill bowling club. Away fans welcome in both.

5 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Aye you’ll need to get off at prestwick then on a shuttle train to Ayr because of the station being limited. Think it should stop at Newton on Ayr, can get a pint in the hub next to the ground. 

Cheers guys.

42 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Ayr got any plans to try and increase capacity for this one?

We're bringing in a temporary stand for the away support, around 3000 seats is what I heard. Hope it's enough.

10 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Wont need to based on the 140 tickets we had sold just up till Monday 😆

To be fait I was a wee bit disappointed by that too.

The fact that there's been no announcement yet about us being moved to the stand (I'm sure it was announced a couple of days before the game last time and assume they need time to arrange stewards/pie stand staff etc if the terrace is being used), I assume that it wasn't actually too bad a number for that point of the week.  Both clubs will have an idea of how ticket sales tend to go throughout the week and will make an estimate on the final number based on that.

Also, changed my mind again now and I am going to drive through for this.  I'll get home at about 6:30 instead of 8:15 if I took the train.  Need to drive to/from the station at my end and couldn't even have train beers so the car wins....sorry environmentalists.

Last time I drove to Somerset was a while ago.  Is there still plenty of parking in the streets around the ground?

2 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

The fact that there's been no announcement yet about us being moved to the stand (I'm sure it was announced a couple of days before the game last time and assume they need time to arrange stewards/pie stand staff etc if the terrace is being used), I assume that it wasn't actually too bad a number for that point of the week.  Both clubs will have an idea of how ticket sales tend to go throughout the week and will make an estimate on the final number based on that.

Also, changed my mind again now and I am going to drive through for this.  I'll get home at about 6:30 instead of 8:15 if I took the train.  Need to drive to/from the station at my end and couldn't even have train beers so the car wins....sorry environmentalists.

Last time I drove to Somerset was a while ago.  Is there still plenty of parking in the streets around the ground?

I usually park on Walker Rd, near Hamiltons Butchers. 5 min walk at most & easy to get back out/ onto motorway on your way home. 

3 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Aye, they didn’t cone off Somerset road when Dundee United were down a couple of weeks ago and it caused the whole of Ayr (well, McCalls avenue and Somerset road) to be completely blocked for about half an hour. 

You might get on Somerset road, McCalls Avenue or I think there is still parking across from Western House at the racecourse. 

16 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

There will be spaces around here and there. But it's quite tight round the ground so getting out afterwards can sometimes be tricky.

As @diegomarahenry said, there's a big gravel car park on Craigie Road across the road from Western House Hotel. Less than 5 minutes walk to the ground from there.

Edited by AUcal

Somerset road mostly no parking ( very limited spaces)  this week due to ongoing roadworks and traffic lights just at the old north terrace turnstiles 

Edited by Finlay21

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Aye, they didn’t cone off Somerset road when Dundee United were down a couple of weeks ago and it caused the whole of Ayr (well, McCalls avenue and Somerset road) to be completely blocked for about half an hour. 

You might get on Somerset road, McCalls Avenue or I think there is still parking across from Western House at the racecourse. 

There was some cones along Somerset Road when I walked down it for that game. Even with the cones out you still get lazy dobbers parking between them. 

I usually park on Walker Road or at the skate park. The latter its always easy to get a space. Sadly in this day and age folk don't even want to walk 5 mins to get anywhere

15 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

There was some cones along Somerset Road when I walked down it for that game. Even with the cones out you still get lazy dobbers parking between them. 

I usually park on Walker Road or at the skate park. The latter its always easy to get a space. Sadly in this day and age folk don't even want to walk 5 mins to get anywhere

I normally park on McCalls avenue or West Sanquhar road but for away fans wanting to get on to the 77, the skate park is probably better