Dumbarton vs Stranraer

Match Outcome  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/02/24 at 13:59

Also, the stream appears to be on sale. The badges being in the wrong order and different sizes annoys me much more than it should!

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/onlinematch/

Looking forward to shouting as much heinous personal abuse at Faz as I like from the comfort of my own home without repercussion!

Edited by FifeSons

Just now, Silverton End said:

Watching Thistle v The Pars tonight, the Firhill pitch runs ours pretty close in the ploughed field stakes.

Excellent that the thug Graham had his goal incorrectly ruled out :lol:

What do we reckon for today then? 

Farrell still refusing to play Gray from the start? Tony Wallace on the bench too? Hilton and Kelly taking turns to show that neither are wide players? Lennon left really exposed because whichever one of the afore mentioned players doesnt give him any kind of protection.

I'm not ruling out Sam Mendes showing up to film a sequel to 1917 on that disgrace of a pitch.

We need to win today. If we don't then we'll have managed just 2 league wins for the whole of December, January and February. The idea that we can potentially hit 3 calendar months with only 2 league wins should be unthinkable. Sadly there's every chance that we'll be in that exact position around 3:50 this afternoon.

I think this is probably the last chance to prevent things from becoming really nasty.

29 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

What do we reckon for today then? 

Farrell still refusing to play Gray from the start? Tony Wallace on the bench too? Hilton and Kelly taking turns to show that neither are wide players? Lennon left really exposed because whichever one of the afore mentioned players doesnt give him any kind of protection.

I'm not ruling out Sam Mendes showing up to film a sequel to 1917 on that disgrace of a pitch.

We need to win today. If we don't then we'll have managed just 2 league wins for the whole of December, January and February. The idea that we can potentially hit 3 calendar months with only 2 league wins should be unthinkable. Sadly there's every chance that we'll be in that exact position around 3:50 this afternoon.

I think this is probably the last chance to prevent things from becoming really nasty.

The thing that totally blows my mind is how we're still (at this exact moment in time) sitting comfortably in the playoffs places. A run like that in most other leagues would have you knocked out of promotion contention for good.

It's not even like we started the season with seven straight wins like last year too. I cannot understand how we're still fourth despite that fact. 

I agree with you though. If things haven't already turned nasty, then defeat today would do that for good. Back-to-back defeats against the bottom two in the league as part of a run of two wins in three months would tip most fanbases over the edge. Let alone one that's probably already over that.

I hope we go balls out to win the game. It'll be a scrap on our shambles of a park, it's not going to be one for pretty football or gentle build up play. Get shots away, get balls into good areas and get our best players on the park please. A game to go back to basics in.

4 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Is the early kick off a one off or could it become norm?

We’ve tried to dress it up like we’re eco warriors and thinking of the climate when in reality it’s a cost cutting exercise. Personally I prefer a 3pm kick off but if it saves us a bit of cash then they can go for it but it requires approval from both the SPFL and the opposing team which I’m not sure we’d get for every home game. I’d imagine it would probably suit the players getting home a bit earlier on a Saturday evening so if we’re offering it then you may find them pushing for it.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We’ve tried to dress it up like we’re eco warriors and thinking of the climate when in reality it’s a cost cutting exercise. Personally I prefer a 3pm kick off but if it saves us a bit of cash then they can go for it but it requires approval from both the SPFL and the opposing team which I’m not sure we’d get for every home game. I’d imagine it would probably suit the players getting home a bit earlier on a Saturday evening so if we’re offering it then you may find them pushing for it.

If DFC were serious about saving the planet & fans stumbling around in the dark they'd have had early kick-offs months ago, the days are a lot longer now.

Load of old cobblers from DFC

Edited by Silverton End

To be fair, there won't be any requirement for floodlights in the next 4-6 weeks anyway. Even now, it's light til nearly 6pm so I can't imagine many more being moved, unless it is for other reasons like the players preference etc.

An early kick off is a great thing if you're in good form. It allows you to put pressure on the others around you in the table. But, on our current run, it'll just be motivation at half time for the like of East Fife and Bonnyrigg to up their game, if they aren't already winning at half time in their own matches.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The thing that totally blows my mind is how we're still (at this exact moment in time) sitting comfortably in the playoffs places. 

What you haven't realised Jan is that we have pioneered the concept of the football team as pacemaker.  It's like the 10,000 metres - we perform for 15 games then quietly slip out of the race to let the Binos, Stenny and whoever fight it out.  It's pretty impressive how we can almost precisely repeat it.

20 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

An early kick off is a great thing if you're in good form. It allows you to put pressure on the others around you in the table. But, on our current run, it'll just be motivation at half time for the like of East Fife and Bonnyrigg to up their game, if they aren't already winning at half time in their own matches.

This is something I hadn’t even considered and it’s a good point. 

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

If DFC were serious about saving the planet & fans stumbling around in the dark they'd have had early kick-offs months ago, the days are a lot longer now.

Load of old cobblers from Dr Mengele.

I wouldn't be surprised if we pulled a West Dunbartonshire Council stunt when they stopped cutting grass to "protect the natural ecosystem" for the level of pitch maintenance 

2 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we pulled a West Dunbartonshire Council stunt when they stopped cutting grass to "protect the natural ecosystem" for the level of pitch maintenance 

Grass? I forget what it looks like.