Thought I would pop my head in to say "Hello" as we will more than likely be seeing you next year.

Uncle Albert

I'm sure it's a good facility and it's nice and shiny, but it's one of the worst away days in the division. Much like caley braves it just feels like watching a game in a glorified fives cage. I know a few away regulars who've chucked going there.

10 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

His name was supposedly in the mix for the Clyde job. If can find another club willing to sign up for the circus he brings that's in the SPFL he'd take it. There's no guarantee EK will run away with the league next year if they're in it, certiainly not in the Sep/Oct when jobs start to open up.

One of the few (only?) in the LL that can claim a sell-out in the league. With League Two clubs typically averaging over 500+, EKFC would be turning away fans. K Park isn't going to be good enough for their long-term ambitions. Something they know as they've tried to get something done in the past.

We played EK on boxing day

The Rovers fans out numbered the EK fans

4 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

His name wasn’t in the mix but his pal in the press would have you believe that it was. They also claimed he had turned it down leaving us to turn in desperation to Ian McCall. Like a candidate of mccalls calibre would be playing second fiddle to the chicken man 🤣.

Yeah everyone was desperate to get McCall in,

The Dramatic turn aaround in Clyde's form has been unprecedented 

56 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

The point being from a spectator viewpoint it's not great, sorry to be harsh, just my opinion from being there a couple of times.

Re the clubs in the SPFL that don't have a bronze licence, it probably has little to do with the stadium in the case of Airdire, Peterhead, Kelty Hearts & Cove Rangers. Edinburgh City and Bonnyrigg may have a bit of work to do.

Hopefully EK get their new stadium on the go, I think the club have a lot of potential. 

Bonnyrigg now has its Bronze licence, as per the update last month.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/11303/230124-club-licensing-awards.pdf

5 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

We played EK on boxing day

The Rovers fans out numbered the EK fans

Ah the K Park and that 30 minute walk in the dark along the side of a duel carriage way and those underpasses, take your pick which entrance leads you to civilization also know as the bus station. If you ain't local add in another 15 minutes as you try not to look like a serial killer going from tunnel to tunnel trying to figure which way to go.

Go to the K Park by car or supporters bus and you won't give it a second thought.

Try it by public transport.

Great on the way there, bus or train and a few minutes in a taxi.

The fun starts on the return journey when you decide to walk it back. Is it 2 roundabouts then go right?

K stands for Keane btw, ex Celtic director who put the money up for the wee stadium.

Still won't be a problem for the Bully Wee, most of them live in the Murray.

Doubt any Clyde fans will be setting out from Croy Station to do the 3 hour journey by public transport.

28 years in Cumbernauld was all a dream.

Just ask JR or was it Bobby Ewing?

12 hours ago, ekok said:

Agree not The Emirates,  but to be fair can see what is going on from most places. The Bronze requirement is quite a step up, sometimes from  " best practice " to a very specific need.

On the Community Stadium,  my absolute belief and hope is that winning the play offs will see the tractors move in 

I've been to K-park, not the best ground I've been to from a spectator's perspective but far from the worst, lovely surroundings as well. It's absolutely fine for LL level, adequate for L2 level, but for the club to develop further you'll need something else so you can grow. Plenty of growth potential as EK as a town is pretty big so I could imagine a community stadium would help you grow as a club.

19 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

Kennedy couldn't take the Clyde job, he's not got the proper coaching certificate for that level.

Pretty sure the coaching certificate requirements are no different for L2 and the LL as both are Entry level. Though next season a B licence is needed for the SPFL due to a Bronze licence, and then in 2025 they need to be working towards an A licence.

On 22/02/2024 at 09:33, GordonS said:

Not to everyone's taste but Barry Ferguson's Hat is one of my favourite accounts on social media. 

I admire his ability to turn up in a thread, take the pulse of the conversation, and immediately work out the exact most unpopular thing to say without pushing too far into obvious trolling. Been flying under the radar for quite a while, I think.

When it's decided quite some time ago to call it East Kilbride Community Stadium.  Nothing whatsoever to do with anything other than a statement of intent.

The only good spot to watch the game from at K Park is behind the goal, but the away fans are rarely permitted in this area. If they make league 2, they will have to open this area. The rest of the ground is awful for spectating unless you are there early and want to sit in the small stand. Surely League 2 matches will have to be ticketed. If not, there will be fans locked out most weeks.

11 hours ago, PELE said:

The only good spot to watch the game from at K Park is behind the goal, but the away fans are rarely permitted in this area. If they make league 2, they will have to open this area. The rest of the ground is awful for spectating unless you are there early and want to sit in the small stand. Surely League 2 matches will have to be ticketed. If not, there will be fans locked out most weeks.

There's a big net in front of most of the terrace though, which is an annoying thing through which to watch a football game. Whenever I've been to K Park I've gone to the far end of the stand, otherwise everyone going for a pie or a pee walks in front of you.

On 23/02/2024 at 07:19, Sergeant Wilson said:

At what point does a stadium become a community stadium?

What is the difference between a Stadium and a Park?

Dalbeattie Star v Clyde in the Lowland League next season, who would have believed that😃👍