Strange checkout line selections

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Before leaving the house it is important to recognise that 99% of the population are prone to engaging in strange behaviour. 

If they engage in strange behaviour before they leave the house, how is that relevant to this thread?

When we were in holiday in Japan (20 years ago) we used to dare each other to buy the strangest order at 4am.

I can remember buying a weirdo jazz mag, 1 apple, 3 grapes an egg sandwich (no crusts), medical cream (I think it was for spots, but it was just symbols) and some uncooked mince.

Best but was that we had been swimming in a fountain just before so all my cash was dripping wet.

In one of my last retail jobs, there was a guy who'd stop by just before closing every Sunday to buy a single can of his favourite tipple, a box of tissues, and the one copy of the Sport that we ordered. Had the weary look of a man who couldn't care less who knew his trousers would be around his ankles within minutes of getting home.

Another regular at the same place would usually leave his car keys on the counter when paying, then dash back in for them immediately, loudly exclaiming, "can't forget the keys to my <insert expensive make of car here, I forget which>". Did it dozens of times, so I guess it was important to him that everyone knew he drove an expensive car. Eventually saw him working as a delivery driver at a takeaway near my place; I don't know much about cars, but even I know what a clapped-out old banger looks like.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

In a country that had Lidl and Aldi it is perfectly possible to buy a doughnut, some chocolate, a bottle of washing up liquid and an angle grinder. 

Presumably the angle grinder was your insurance to not have to call the Fire Brigade?

19 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

When the Lidl opened in Possil they leaflets all the nearby houses advertising their opening week's offers: opera glasses and cigar humidors. Outstanding market research.

I think you are being extremely disrespectful to all the opera fans of Cuban origin in Possil.

Slightly OT, but was in M&S & had a fair trolley's full of stuff.

There was 1 cashier on. 3 people in front all had baskets with f**k all in them & the self serve was totally empty.

What is wrong with people?

48 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

There was a fat specky ginger guy using the self service checkout next to me.

"Unexpected item in the bagging area".

Reveal hidden contents

It was a packet of condoms

Saw something similar one Sunday morning a few weeks ago. Two young girls about 14 or 15 trying to get morning after pills. The guilty one looks absolutely mortified and her pal was pishing herself laughing.

7 hours ago, Venti said:

Slightly OT, but was in M&S & had a fair trolley's full of stuff.

There was 1 cashier on. 3 people in front all had baskets with f**k all in them & the self serve was totally empty.

What is wrong with people?

Were they paying with cash? There are some places now where the self-service tills are card only.

Although if it was the M&S at Crow Road, two of the self-service tills are absolute dicks, so I can understand avoiding them

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Were they paying with cash? There are some places now where the self-service tills are card only.

Although if it was the M&S at Crow Road, two of the self-service tills are absolute dicks, so I can understand avoiding them

The self service is cash & card there.

Just lazy arsed Port Glasgow bawbags.