Strange checkout line selections

I never look at what other folk are buying but I do really enjoy seeing a decision having been made where someone has e.g. left a pack of sponges amongst the wine. 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Found shopping list earlier. 

Hope they got their Hammilk and Lettuce Beer.

IMG_8249.jpeg

Nothing to say about the tomato mushroom? Seems right up your alley.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Found shopping list earlier. 

Hope they got their Hammilk and Lettuce Beer.

IMG_8249.jpeg

That writing of 'tomato' is something else...

Looks like a mixture of ancient Greek & cyrillic.

There’s two occasions in the Winchburgh CO-OP from about 30 years ago that I won’t forget.

In the first one, teenagers in front of me empty the loose change from their pockets onto the counter and say to the lady “what can we get for that?”. She counts the change and says “4 cans of Tennents or 6 cans of that cheap stuff”. “We’ll have the 6 cans” they reply. Class customer service I thought.

In the second, an older guy who has his sippers on, is buying some crisps and sweets that come to a couple of pounds. He’s about to pay but then goes, “sorry, I forgot, can I have 2 bottles of Stewarts Cream of the Barley”. I always thought it was strange to forget the thing you actually came out for.

On 21/02/2024 at 21:55, Wile E Coyote said:

A cucumber and some lube

Think I said this in another thread recently, but I once saw a woman buying nothing but a cucumber and a packet of condoms at SavaCentre, Edinburgh (whilst I was backgpacking).  Fair play to her for not feeling the need to buy anything else.  

Edited by Hedgecutter

12 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Think I said this in another thread recently, but I once saw a woman buying nothing but a cucumber and a packet of condoms at SavaCentre, Edinburgh (whilst I was backpacking).  Fair play to her for not feeling the need to buy anything else.  

No KY?

16 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

There’s two occasions in the Winchburgh CO-OP from about 30 years ago that I won’t forget.

In the first one, teenagers in front of me empty the loose change from their pockets onto the counter and say to the lady “what can we get for that?”. She counts the change and says “4 cans of Tennents or 6 cans of that cheap stuff”. “We’ll have the 6 cans” they reply. Class customer service I thought.

In the second, an older guy who has his sippers on, is buying some crisps and sweets that come to a couple of pounds. He’s about to pay but then goes, “sorry, I forgot, can I have 2 bottles of Stewarts Cream of the Barley”. I always thought it was strange to forget the thing you actually came out for.

Here's your answer

35 minutes ago, ICTChris said: