What grounds have you never seen your team win at?

St Mirren waited decades for a game at Montrose, then we got one this season and they beat us. I think that and Spartans (old ground) are all I can come up with.

With very few exceptions we've also managed to both win and lose by at least three goals to every team we've ever shared a league with while I've been watching, which just about sums it all up.

Ibrox, Parkhead and Starks Park.

There used  to be some horrendous bogey grounds for us during my 30 years or so following Thistle.

Think we went about 20 years without winning at McDiarmid Park, then we couldn’t stop winning once we broke the hoodoo. Rugby Park since it became an all seater was similar. 

Of Scottish grounds I have seen Aberdeen play in only one I have not see us win in is Darvel. 

Not seen us play at all at Bonnyrigg, Spartans, Dumbarton (new ground), Edinburgh City,  Kelty Hearts, Cove (new ground) and Airdrie (new ground) of current league teams.

Edited by Jute

I've seen Motherwell everywhere of those in the current top two leagues with the exception of County. I've seen a friendly though not competitive win on the books in Arbroath.

Attendance below that was obviously much patchier due to the need for cup draws but the only one I've been to and not seen a win is Qots, unless you count the bonus point shout-out.

Ibrox

Parkhead

Tynecastle

I think I've seen us win everywhere once unless I am forgetting something.

McDiarmid Park I have never seen County beat St. Johnstone there in person, but I have seen us win challenge cups there. 

Todders. Been about 5 times and we haven't beaten you here since 2002 (when I was at Cappielow watching Morton beat Peterhead, I think). 

Tanadeechee, Dens, Ibrox, Kilbowie, Airdrie, Dunfermline, Gayfield and Sneck. My away record is honking.

Edited by velo army

I can't actually remember Motherwell winning at Livingston and I'm not expecting that to change on Wednesday. There may be other lower league venues from the early 80's that I have no memory of but I've seen us win at all the top flight grounds apart from County (which I've never visited).

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Todders. Been about 5 times and we haven't beaten you here since 2002 (when I was at Cappielow watching Morton beat Peterhead, I think). 

Tanadeechee, Dens, Ibrox, Kilbowie, Airdrie, Dunfermline, Gayfield and Sneck. My away record is honking.

If it helps, I was there when you beat us in 2002. 

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Ibrox

Parkhead

Tynecastle

I think I've seen us win everywhere once unless I am forgetting something.

McDiarmid Park I have never seen County beat St. Johnstone there in person, but I have seen us win challenge cups there. 

Ibrox, we have never won there.

Parkhead, simply won't go there.

Tynecastle didn't go when Alex Shalk banged in a stunning volley to win.

And Cliftonhill for some reason never seen us win there and my last experience we getting pumped and Gary Wood and a Certain Derek Adams were sent off, think Tony Shepherd scored that day for Albion. 

18 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I can't actually remember Motherwell winning at Livingston and I'm not expecting that to change on Wednesday. There may be other lower league venues from the early 80's that I have no memory of but I've seen us win at all the top flight grounds apart from County (which I've never visited).

Most of our recent games there have been draws but the last win was August 2021. Grimmy's only goal for us.

Of our last 10 games at Livi we've won 3 (one of those was in the Covid season), drawn 4 and lost 3. 

Edited by capt_oats

23 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I've seen us win at all the Premiership grounds and all the Championship grounds (I'm counting Queens Park as big Hampden). In fact - the only ground I've seen Motherwell at but not seen us win is Station Park - Forfar put us out the League Cup on Penalties when Butcher was manager IIRC and that was my only visit.

Seen us win at all 12 top flight stadiums. 

Seen us win at every Championship ground except Arbroath (1 draw and 1 loss).

Seen us win at Falkirk, Queen of the South, Hamilton, Montrose, Annan and Edinburgh City (When it was meadowbank). Been to Stirling (Lost) & Alloa (Lost).  Never been to Kelty or Cove (Killie haven't either).

Seen us win at Clyde, Stranraer, Elgin,, Dumbarton, Peterhead, Spartan. Stenny. Never been to East Fife, Bonnyrigg or Forfar.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

1 hour ago, Super Staggie said:

Ibrox, we have never won there.

Parkhead, simply won't go there.

Tynecastle didn't go when Alex Shalk banged in a stunning volley to win.

And Cliftonhill for some reason never seen us win there and my last experience we getting pumped and Gary Wood and a Certain Derek Adams were sent off, think Tony Shepherd scored that day for Albion. 

I never understand why folk will go to one old firm ground but not the other.

2 hours ago, Swello said:

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Most of our recent games there have been draws but the last win was August 2021. Grimmy's only goal for us.

Of our last 10 games at Livi we've won 3 (one of those was in the Covid season), drawn 4 and lost 3. 

Cheers- I wasn't at that one!

2 hours ago, Swello said:

I've seen us win at all the Premiership grounds and all the Championship grounds (I'm counting Queens Park as big Hampden). In fact - the only ground I've seen Motherwell at but not seen us win is Station Park - Forfar put us out the League Cup on Penalties when Butcher was manager IIRC and that was my only visit.

I saw us draw 0-0 at Forfar on the last game of the season when we'd just won the First Division. I've no idea if I'd been there prior to that.

I've just remembered being at a 1-1 draw at Boghead when, I think, Shaun Teale equalised. I've seen us win at Dumbarton's new ground since but Boghead might count. 

I'm only including Scottish grounds as Motherwell have lost every away European tie I've attended. 

Edited by Archie McSquackle
Made a mess of multi-quote!

Excluding grounds I’ve only seen us at once:

Celtic Park (I think we’ve lost every game I’ve seen here)

Ibrox (as above) 

Easter Road (a couple of 1-1’s and a 3-1 loss as well spring to mind) 

Fir Park (I genuinely believe we’ve lost every single game we’ve ever played at Fir Park)

Whatever fucking Alloa’s ground is called (twice, both draws)

For grounds I’ve been to once:

Starks Park (2-2 last game of last season)

Caledonian Stadium (0-0 this season) 

Victoria Park (I don’t want to talk about it)

Related, but separate: I’ve never seen us beat Kilmarnock at home, despite being at that match up at least 10 times. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

23 hours ago, Jute said:

Of Scottish grounds I have seen Aberdeen play in only one I have not see us win in is Darvel. 

Not seen us play at all at Bonnyrigg, Spartans, Dumbarton (new ground), Edinburgh City,  Kelty Hearts, Cove (new ground) and Airdrie (new ground) of current league teams.

Aberdeen haven't played much at Meadowbank (old or revamped). There was a League Cup game in the early 1980s and I saw the reserves win there in a Reserve League East game in the 1990s (which was behind closed doors for some reason)