Queens v Stirling

I’m looking forward to my first visit to Palmerston. 

What I saw on Tuesday night against Hamilton was a team playing with confidence. Add to that the new loan signing and we have a really strong midfield and good cover in all areas. 

I think it could be a narrow win for the Binos 2-1

35 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

What I saw on Tuesday night against Hamilton was a team playing with confidence. Add to that the new loan signing and we have a really strong midfield and good cover in all areas. 

Not sure about that. Bartley will have Queens primed to entice potential owner/suitors.

6-0 to Stirling. 

42 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

We have a weak midfield will probably set up 7 -2 -1  .

If me I would go 4-3-3 take the game to Stirling but then I am not a football manager like Marvin is supposed to be.

8 hours ago, Greenacres said:

We have a weak midfield will probably set up 7 -2 - - - -1  .

If me I would go 4-3-3 take the game to Stirling but then I am not a football manager like Marvin is supposed to be.

FTFY

Hopefully this weekend's trip down to Dumfries is with a better outcome result wise & also weather wise... got absolutely drowned down at Annan..

Hoping we can take alot of the positives from midweek into this game 

@SA45 just for the tactics board Scouse is unavailable this weekend due to other circumstances, also Jojo's injury he picked up was an impact injury rather than muscular, so will need to see how he is on Saturday 

Means no cover at RB for Geach & if Jojo's not fit it might well be Banner 

I will leave that up to you with the tactics board 

Callum Pirlo Crane & Jack Grealish Leitch must be certain starters ⚽

C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪 💪 

Dare I say it, but I'm also in that position where I am thinking we could get a positive result out of the match on Saturday? Been here before this season and we've subsequently went on to have a stinker, so there's hope for you yet Queens fans.

Beepee obviously knows more news from the changing rooms than we do, for us much as it'll be good to see Geeks back in, I also think that it's a shame for Scouse to be missing the match because he has been playing well and is getting a run in the team. The good thing for us as a team though, is we have someone coming in who will not drop the standard of the team and that shows the depth that we now have.

If Jojo is struggling as well, it might be an opportunity for Bird. I think we're all eager to see what he is like so assuming he has looked the part in training then it might be a good opportunity for him. I 'm a fan of Banner, but I think if Young goes with him at the back over Bird, then you have to question if it's a signing that Young has maybe gotten wrong, as what better time is there to give the lad the opportunity? 

On 28/02/2024 at 09:23, BB_Bino said:

Taking the car down for the first time, am I right in thinking there's an Ice Rink nearby with free parking or am I getting my wires crossed?

Probably not for tomorrow's game. But on Tuesday against Hamilton, cars parked on the pavement around Forthbank, received parking tickets. Don't want our day being spoiled.

Confident ahead of Saturday... which is usually how I feel before a bad performance and result. Also - I fully expect QOS to accelerate away from trouble being a full time team. So wouldn't surprise me if they smash us tomorrow.

48 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

...  I fully expect QOS to accelerate away from trouble being a full time team. So wouldn't surprise me if they smash us tomorrow.

How can I put this? Er ... no, just no.

56 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

Confident ahead of Saturday... which is usually how I feel before a bad performance and result. Also - I fully expect QOS to accelerate away from trouble being a full time team. So wouldn't surprise me if they smash us tomorrow.

:lol:

55 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Queens have beaten two teams at home this season - Edinburgh U20s and Annan.
Mind you, it is only March.

^^^ 😂😂😂

We really are the definition of shite.

4 hours ago, dave_binos said:

Anywhere near the ground to get a pint and some grub? 

For food probably Cavens Arms and The Robert The Bruce (a Weatherspoons) both in Buccleuch St just across the river from the ground.  For a pre-match pint you have The Spread Eagle, The Globe Inn and The Devorgilla all in Market Square which are nearest to Palmerston.  Plenty others across the river in the town centre.

5 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

Probably not for tomorrow's game. But on Tuesday against Hamilton, cars parked on the pavement around Forthbank, received parking tickets. Don't want our day being spoiled.

There are no parking wardens in Dumfries, so you're safe to park on the streets if the car parks are full (doubtful).  Residents may not be best pleased, mind.

8 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Beepee obviously knows more news from the changing rooms than we do, for us much as it'll be good to see Geeks back in, I also think that it's a shame for Scouse to be missing the match because he has been playing well and is getting a run in the team. The good thing for us as a team though, is we have someone coming in who will not drop the standard of the team and that shows the depth that we now have.

If Jojo is struggling as well, it might be an opportunity for Bird. I think we're all eager to see what he is like so assuming he has looked the part in training then it might be a good opportunity for him. I 'm a fan of Banner, but I think if Young goes with him at the back over Bird, then you have to question if it's a signing that Young has maybe gotten wrong, as what better time is there to give the lad the opportunity? 

Not much change in tactics but have been looking at the RB position the past few games and think they both haven't been at their best going forward with a lot of passes going out. I'd like to try Banner in the RB role - is that madness?  Anyway Marvin might park the bus so could be a tricky one but think we can do it.

Thanks to our roving reporter and man behind the scenes Beepee.

lineup(6).png