Ross County v St. Mirren (Live on Sky, Tue 27th Feb 8pm k.o.)

14 minutes ago, AW saint said:

I thought we were off it from the kick off. Slack passing all over the park. Tanser had the form of last season. 

We were devoid of energy and composure. Simply not good enough. Killie would not drop the points we do. 

Right now I would bite your hand off for 5th. We wont get 4th losing points to Livi and County. 

Killie would not drop the points we do...

Almighty Kilmarnock who are a point ahead of us in the league? 

We were absolutely howling tonight but come on man, folk are making out like Kilmarnock are all conquering world beaters and in reality we're a decent weekend away from going above them 

19 minutes ago, AW saint said:

I thought we were off it from the kick off. Slack passing all over the park. Tanser had the form of last season. 

We were devoid of energy and composure. Simply not good enough. Killie would not drop the points we do. 

Right now I would bite your hand off for 5th. We wont get 4th losing points to Livi and County. 

The same Killie that have lost to Motherwell St Johnstone and Ross County this season and another draw with RC to boot. They are a whole point ahead so clearly they do drop just about the same amount of points we do and more so than us v the "diddies" given the points they have taken off the uglies.

43 minutes ago, AW saint said:

We’ve dropped points to both including a home loss to County but I get your overall point.

Taken in isolation, I’d be fine with the non-award of a penalty as I don’t believe VAR should be used to slow down footage to overrule the on-field call. In real time, it wasn’t ’clear and obvious’.

That’s the problem though, there’s a precedent to review things frame-by-frame. So for handball not to be checked there is inexplicable.

Ultimately we were so poor tonight that we didn’t deserve a VAR bail-out, but that shouldn’t mask another failure of the thing that all clubs pay six figures for and is detrimental to every single paying customer in the stadium.

5 minutes ago, codfish said:

Taken in isolation, I’d be fine with the non-award of a penalty as I don’t believe VAR should be used to slow down footage to overrule the on-field call. In real time, it wasn’t ’clear and obvious’.

That’s the problem though, there’s a precedent to review things frame-by-frame. So for handball not to be checked there is inexplicable.

Ultimately we were so poor tonight that we didn’t deserve a VAR bail-out, but that shouldn’t mask another failure of the thing that all clubs pay six figures for and is detrimental to every single paying customer in the stadium.

Bad as that was; there’s still only one VAR mistake this season that has categorically changed the result.

Tonight we could have missed that penalty; or scored it and lost 3-1.

The VAR decision against Aberdeen is two points we absolutely should have had.

I thought we were pretty muck there tonight. Could see that Saints goal coming all second half. Take the point and run, though, because St Mirren are a far better side than us. I didn’t think they were great tonight and they still battered us for the last half hour. 

47 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

They are a whole point ahead so clearly they do drop just about the same amount of points we do and more so than us v the "diddies" given the points they have taken off the uglies.

Thats not really true over the last 20 league games, granted we have taken 4 pts from Celtic in that period....

Screenshot_20240227_234530_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.b113079c8a5faad6e7483d8f2c525256.jpg

5 hours ago, Road Dogg said:

Killie would not drop the points we do...

Almighty Kilmarnock who are a point ahead of us in the league? 

We were absolutely howling tonight but come on man, folk are making out like Kilmarnock are all conquering world beaters and in reality we're a decent weekend away from going above them 

Box office. 

6 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I thought we were pretty muck there tonight. Could see that Saints goal coming all second half. Take the point and run, though, because St Mirren are a far better side than us. I didn’t think they were great tonight and they still battered us for the last half hour. 

Our defending for the goal was every bit as bad as St Mirren’s. 

19 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Our defending for the goal was every bit as bad as St Mirren’s. 

Come on now. It was pretty bad admittedly, bit I think we  comfortably win that dubious accolade.

Edited by houston_bud

County might be fucked once teams get used to the 3 striker set up.

Space everywhere, but unsure if thats the plan oflr just players getting used to how theyre meant to play.

7 hours ago, codfish said:

Nah I don't buy the VAR bail out, Gogic made a mistake for their goal and was punished for it. That defender made a mistake in handling the ball, we may have missed the penalty (probably would have the way we were playing) but we should have had the opportunity to do so.

Its an absolute shocker of a decision regardless of how shite we were. All the VAR checks were done in rapid time, can you see the same happening in an old firm derby? It has just proved they don't give a toss about the rest of the league, every result has ramifications for several teams. 

Can't see Aitken being allowed to officiate in Paisley for a while now. Rant just about over, sorry 😋

To be fair to County they put a lot into the first half, pressed us all over the place and made it very difficult for us to get into a rhythm. They fell away in the 2nd half, probably due to fatigue and we got stronger the more the game went on. 

I don't care if Baccus is leaving in the summer, he has to start every game from now on for me. 

Olusanya, Ayunga and Scott all had an impact coming off the bench. Scott has to score that chance though, won't do his confidence any good.

We deserved a point, could have been 3. At least we got something from the game.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

County might be fucked once teams get used to the 3 striker set up.

Space everywhere, but unsure if thats the plan oflr just players getting used to how theyre meant to play.

The fact Dhanda is injured likely has an impact on that, we have a lack of width and the 433 plays to our mediocre strengths at this time.

An absolutely horrific game of football.

St. Mirren bad, County somehow even worse yet ahead for 70+ minutes. Our defence for the most part looked okay. Wickens did well. Murray ran his arse off. White took his goal well. The midfield were pretty much non-existent.

We're back to the "our players are so bad don't bother taking a first touch" worst of Malky.

8 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Thats not really true over the last 20 league games, granted we have taken 4 pts from Celtic in that period....

Screenshot_20240227_234530_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.b113079c8a5faad6e7483d8f2c525256.jpg

Obviously you can isolate particular runs. I was talking over the season. Stands to reason that you must have dropped more points to fellow diddies given we have taken zilch off the cheeks yet you are only a point better off.

7 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Nonsense.  

I wasn’t being entirely serious, but if he’d just thumped it behind, County would be pretty much safe from automatic relegation and out of the play off position.  In the context of the game, it was inexcusable.