Ross County v St. Mirren (Live on Sky, Tue 27th Feb 8pm k.o.)

6 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Your bus is 30 minutes from glasgow?

No, the bus I needed to get from my home to Dingwall.

Not much to write home about in that first half besides the goal, but we've defended quite solidly. Well, as much as we've needed to, not like St Mirren have put the defence under much pressure yet.

Just now, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

The ball hit his head

It did hit his hand, then his head.

I certainly don't think it should be a penalty though, as it brushing his hand didn't change the actual outcome, other than it hitting a slightly different bit of his head. I know the rule doesn't exactly say that, but he hasn't deliberately handled it, nor has he gained any advantage from doing so

HT 1-0

Jeez that was brutal. Thoughts and prayers with any neutrals who have sat through it. I’m a non neutral and I’m fairly close to sticking eastenders on. 

Both sides have been poor and neither can seem to string more than a couple of passes together. The goal’s a comedy of errors at the back, with Gogic comedian in chief. 

Since that we just haven’t done anything. We should have had one of those VAR pens for hand ball before half time though. Can only imagine the VAR ref had changed the channel. 

Unless we play much better second half we are going to continue our annoying habit of losing away games to the teams at the bottom of the league. 

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

I certainly don't think it should be a penalty though, as it brushing his hand didn't change the actual outcome, other than it hitting a slightly different bit of his head. I know the rule doesn't exactly say that, but he hasn't deliberately handled it, nor has he gained any advantage from doing so

You will get a job in the SFA with that sort of airy-fairy attitude.

I think it's been a fairly even game. Neither team has created anything clear cut. But a terrible mistake and we give County something to hang on to. 

They're doing well pressing our defence, but they're also quite happy to let us have the ball in midfield, knowing we'll struggle to play through them. The game looks like it could finish 1-0.

Can't believe the the referee wasn't called to look at the handball. It was clear as day on the replay.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Interesting take on the rules that. He inexplicably moves his hand up into an unnatural position whilst the ball is in the air coming towards him. The ball then hits that hand. 

It’s 100% a penalty. What the ball does after it hits his hand or any other context around ‘advantage’ is simply not relevant.