Smokies v Rovers(Friday telly game)

After last nights brutalising from the Cappielow thugs, where we missed the chance to put some air between us and Utd, we are up against the bottom of the league side.

Enjoy the day out to Arbroath, and have a wee soft spot for them.  Pity they are bottom as there are others I would prefer to drop (ICT for a start!).

Rovers a bit stuttery last night and our worst performance for a wee while.  Arbroath on the back of a hiding at Hampden.
Think this will be another tough game, but reckon we will scrape a win.

3 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

After last nights tutorial  from the Cappielow Cavaliers where we missed the chance to put some air between us and Utd, we are up against the bottom of the league side.

Enjoy the day out to Arbroath, and have a wee soft spot for them.  Pity they are bottom as there are others I would prefer to drop (ICT for a start!).

Rovers were a bit shit last night and our worst performance for a wee while.  Arbroath on the back of a hiding at Hampden.
Think this will be another tough game, but reckon we will scrape a draw.

A fair appraisal.

Is Adams still on the roster? F**k. Could you start him, IN GOAL, please.

More seriously, we have to win this match, if we really want an opportunity to win the league. We’ve had the stumble, and we’re still tied up with DU, but horribly behind on GD. We can’t make up the GD, so we simply need to win matches, and this is a winnable match. It’s also a match we could f**k up, as 29 Dec proved.

I’d love to say I’m confident in a 1-4 prediction I made, but I’m just not. We just don’t seem to be able to put anyone away this season, so I’m just not sure this will be a win, let alone by more than one. You would think that 21 matches decided by one goal is enough for a season.

Arbroath are a wounded animal…they still have 33 points available through the seasons end, so it isn’t officially win now territory, but it really is…they really have to take some points here. Even a draw would provide a wee ray of light in the veil of shadows that’s Gayfield right now, so I expect a hard match.

If Rovers don’t win this at an absolute canter then their entire squad and management need launched one-by-one into the North Sea from that bouncy trampoline thing behind the Switchie end at Gayfield.

Arbroath are not a wounded animal, we are roadkill. 8 points out of the last 54 and 2 goals so far in 2024.

11 Ali Adams’ wouldn’t save us.

Edited by Tattie36

5 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Having watched us spectacularly implode in the December fixture at Stark's Park, I'm not buying into the nonsense that this'll be our first big win of the season.

Another win by the odd goal will do me fine.

Exactly. I'm not having it that the team that Arbroath field on Friday can be weaker than the one they had out in the 2nd half of that game. 

We have no idea what defenders we will have available for this game other than Walker and Teale.

ToB with a busted hand which was heavily strapped on Tuesday. Little hooked at HT.... we dont know why. Hammy injured on Sat so doubtful. Delaney and Steele still out.

Will probably be another rag tag defence again which doesnt bode well for us.

7 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Dear raith,

You’re welcome for the 3 points, please don’t embarrass us on tv and finally do everyone a favour and beat united to the title!

Thankyou

But if Utd don’t go up you might have another 13-0 aggregate over three games again next season.  Oops, forgot you’ll probably not be in the division next year…

10 hours ago, ellichtie said:

7-0 Raith.

Would need to be 6 oggies then!  We don't win by more than one.....

Best thing about tomorrow night is the pie.  Looking forward to the pie.

Will probably end up with 11 pies in blue shirts on the grass.

Raith Rovers easily the best team in the league so please show mercy against your Maroon part time buds 🇱🇻🔥⚽❤️ You guys will be just as nervous too I suppose so would take any sort of win. I would really love though if you guys won the league as definitely deserve it.

It will either go 2 ways imo. We field our best team and get stuck in and really frustrate you guys and see how you handle the pressure and we can nick a result ⚽🇱🇻🔥 Or we don’t apply ourselves and you play to your capabilities and it ends up a cricket score 🤣🤣🤣 Just praying we don’t embarrass ourselves on live tv.

So it will either be 1-0 Arbroath or 10-0 Raith lol. 

2 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Raith Rovers easily the best team in the league so please show mercy against your Maroon part time buds 🇱🇻🔥⚽❤️ You guys will be just as nervous too I suppose so would take any sort of win. I would really love though if you guys won the league as definitely deserve it.

It will either go 2 ways imo. We field our best team and get stuck in and really frustrate you guys and see how you handle the pressure and we can nick a result ⚽🇱🇻🔥 Or we don’t apply ourselves and you play to your capabilities and it ends up a cricket score 🤣🤣🤣 Just praying we don’t embarrass ourselves on live tv.

So it will either be 1-0 Arbroath or 10-0 Raith lol. 

Embarrass ourselves on live TV again.