Smokies v Rovers(Friday telly game)

15 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Bobby Linn was also saying it was windy and was talking about Arbroath using it to there advantage in the second half, meanwhile the Raith goalkeepers kicks weren't even reaching the half way line circle. 

It's fair to say it was pretty windy. 

I remember a Scottish Cup tie in mid 90's the wind picked up so bad in the 2nd half that Craig Brewster, who can hit them, had a shot at goals and the ball went up in the air and blew in the ball in the opposite direction. Last night was a gentle breeze in comparison. 

20 minutes ago, Wacky said:

During my childish meltdown with Wardy I’m sure you asked me to stop as it was getting on yours, and many others tits. I petulantly told you to stop reading if you don’t like it. 
I’m pretty sure it was you? 

Ah right.

Haha no worries! Happens on here all the time, I'm sure we've all done it at some point.

To be honest we don't normally play well when it's windy. Best performance I've seen us in recent years was against Dunfermline when we took advantage. Best performance I've seen at Gayfield when windy was Queens Park last season when they passed it on the deck and completely bossed the game. You can't complain about the wind if you willingly kick high balls into it all the time.

1 hour ago, arabdelic said:

I remember a Scottish Cup tie in mid 90's the wind picked up so bad in the 2nd half that Craig Brewster, who can hit them, had a shot at goals and the ball went up in the air and blew in the ball in the opposite direction. Last night was a gentle breeze in comparison. 

I think this must play into some Arbroath fans minds when they get so defensive about people pointing out the weather. For Gayfield, last night wasn't at all severe, they'll be able to think of multiple games where it has been more windy. 

That doesn't mean it wasn't windy though. 

16 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Morton are the best team in the division, were it not for our small squad being crippled by injuries early doors I've no doubt we'd finish league champions.  Having the best manager also helps of course.

Oh holy f**k…… you COMPLETELY jinxed yourself there 😂😂😂

On 02/03/2024 at 12:46, HoBNob said:

I think this must play into some Arbroath fans minds when they get so defensive about people pointing out the weather. For Gayfield, last night wasn't at all severe, they'll be able to think of multiple games where it has been more windy. 

That doesn't mean it wasn't windy though. 

The wind thing annoys me, we don’t train there, but we do play there 25 times a season at least, but no matter the who has been manager, we never make an advantage of it

Also the wind rarely blows in off the sea, we get the same direction of wind, they get at the golf at Carnoustie, blow’s kinda from the south over pleasureland, we on occasions get it blowing from the north, from the town, but what we had on Friday was blowing in over the main stand, can probably count on the fingers of one hand, how often that’s occurred in the last 50yrs

it was windy on Friday, but too often managers in the past of used the conditions as an excuse to cover up a poor performance by their team

the reason we get touchy about everyone making a thing about the wind is, it’s just plain lazy, the way they constantly bang on about, makes you believe, it’s the only place in Scotland to get wind, when we knows that’s not true, the amount of wind turbines we have, confirms that