Smokies v Rovers(Friday telly game)

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

Yeah.  If my uncle had tits he’d be my auntie.  There’s still eleven games to go and Morton are already  out of the title race; I don’t think you can disagree with that. 

Yeah we almost certainly are but Utd still have to come to Greenock twice and we've taken 4 points from 6 at Tannadice so how things pan out over the next 2 matches will define our season. 

19 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

We couldn't fill our bench until around the start of November and haven't lost since.  I'd say it's very fair comment.

Well if we're measuring quality by being unable to fill the bench, that makes us Brazil 1970.

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

Well if we're measuring quality by being unable to fill the bench, that makes us Brazil 1970.

Yeah yeah.  Point taken but you know what I mean.

4 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Obviously delighted.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - the Scottish Championship is the best league going. The majority of games are hilariously brilliant entertainment.

I don’t know wtf to make of the Championship, I thought L1 was nuts but this is turning into the jeckyll and Hyde league.  A classic case of league contenders throwing away a golden opportunity and Arbroath somehow, after staring into the abyss on Tuesday and trailing Rovers at home, managing to salvage something and who knows what could happen.  Must have been painful for the Rovers fans driving home through Dundee tonight 🤣

and since Arbroath responded from a big loss and won last night, it’s only fair that the big winners on Tuesday get pumped by the Diamonds today.  

best of luck to both teams moving forward. I think you’ll need it.  Heck. We all need it 👍

That was a hard one to take. If we were 3-0 up at half time I don't think many would have complained. But we weren't.

Second half was going to plan until Arbroath scored, and then we totally capitulated. I think that over the 90 mins, we have a fair argument we should have won comfortably,  but we didn't. Absolute fair play to Arbroath - not giving up and using that wind to their advantage was what got them the points.

I think there were many things we got wrong. In hindsight Stant's should have started. We really should have been much more direct in the first half and used that wind to just bombard their goal.

I felt the defence played well up until the first goal, at which point the seemed to decide that they were unable to clear a ball or tackle

To say supporting the Rovers is a rollercoaster is an understatment. Good luck to Arbroath in their attempt to get away from bottom spot. The determination from last night shows they should have the fight to escape. I hope we can pick ourselves up for next week's game versus Scumfermline to give you all a hand.

Edited by chris1883

What wind?

I mean seriously....... a slight breeze and folk make it out like it was gale force winds and a team was hemmed in to their half with the other taking shots from their own half.

The "wind" had no bearing on the outcome of that game.

I wouldn’t read too much into that last night. (At least I hope it’s not a turning point for the Lichties) Arbroath has an extra man on the park in windy weather, they know how to use it to their advantage. They did the same to us up there when Crawford was in charge, I was furious because we watched them do it, and when we had wind advantage we kept playing it on the deck and trying to walk it in. 

13 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

What wind?

I mean seriously....... a slight breeze and folk make it out like it was gale force winds and a team was hemmed in to their half with the other taking shots from their own half.

I watched that game on telly and the ball always picked up speed when shooting towards the goal, even the commentators said about it. 

10 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

What wind?

I was watching from the comfort of my living room, but it did look a bit wet and windy. Probably did have a bit of a bearing.

More Important factors would be our keeper, who while good at reaction saves, isn’t the most commanding in his area, and it being yet another game where we lost a centre half to injury which resulted in us playing a midfielder there. Again.

4 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I watched that game on telly and the ball always picked up speed when shooting towards the goal, even the commentators said about it. 

I think Arbroath fans must be so used to balls either speeding up massively or being slowed as they are held up by the wind, that they don’t even notice it anymore.

1 minute ago, AUcal said:

Team loses away at part time Arbroath.

Their automatic description of the conditions to save face.41f2fbe7b4cbeab056f6fd46a15887c4.gif.f25b67cb0cf6de2414e831eede16f18e.gif

I don't think anyone is blaming the wind. My point, like many others is that Arbroath used it better.... which is complimenting the Arbroath team.

We all know the conditions on the pitch are what they are and that they are the same for both teams.

As a rovers fan, my criticism regarding the wind is 100% on our own team. Why play the ball back to Big Kev when he is crap at kicking, and the ball will not travel true and only get to the half way line if really lucky? Why play high balls at all when we have a team than can play well with the ball on the deck?

7 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Yes.  I still expect Utd to win it.   I'm just making the point that had we not been utterly decimated with injuries early doors that 14 point gap would almost certainly not have existed.  

If only, if only. Rovers haven’t had the same defence from one week to another most weeks and the two centre halves that were in Ian Murray’s plans for seeing out the season a week and a half ago are now injured probably for the season. Every team gets injuries, you don’t know how other teams would have performed without theirs too.

7 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Thats the commentators standard chat when at Arbroath. Seen them describe it as windy conditions with the flag over their shoulder in the background not even move an inch.

There was a breeze but it was constant. Not sudden gusts. The rain made the pitch a bit more slippy thats about it.

25 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

What wind?

A slight breeze? Second half the goal kick couldn’t get half way up the park. Of course it had a bearing on the game. Not an excuse though, Rovers should have dealt with it and had the game out of sight.

5 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

A slight breeze? Second half the goal kick couldn’t get half way up the park. Of course it had a bearing on the game. Not an excuse though, Rovers should have dealt with it and had the game out of sight.

Even with Arbroaths 2nd goal, when the ball was crossed in it seemed to just stop, with Dabrowski waiting to catch it. It caught him out but he should have went to meet it.

Poor goalkeeping but the whole team was poor 2nd half. Should have been out of sight at half time 

45 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

What wind?

Exactly  that's the first time I've seen vertical rain st gayfield.........normally its horizontal 😂😂😂