Smokies v Rovers(Friday telly game)

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Substitute United for Dundee and Raith for Queen's Park and this is the same shite as last season. Two sides absolutely choking to bottle the title.

How about a bit of praise for McIntyre for masterminding a good win?

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

More chance of him kissing the Dundee United badge than saying anything good about him. 

9 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

7 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

More chance of him kissing the Dundee United badge than saying anything good about him. 

Don't think he'll be good enough for League 1 next season tbh.

12 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

How exactly do you 'mastermind' a win that involves you first going 0-2 down, off the back of a 6-0 scudding a few days previously? In what way is that part of a great managerial plan? 

I mean, I like to flame stupid Dundee fans as much as anyone else, but you need to pick your battles and this isn't one of those. 

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

How exactly do you 'mastermind' a win that involves you first going 0-2 down, off the back of a 6-0 scudding a few days previously? In what way is that part of a great managerial plan? 

I mean, I like to flame stupid Dundee fans as much as anyone else, but you need to pick your battles and this isn't one of those. 

Ach let him have his moment of glory while it lasts, them staying up is on a par with us winning the title.................... no fecking chance

As embarrassing and senseless a capitulation as you'll ever see at this level. We were absolutely cruising that game for nearly an hour only to chuck it in 15 minutes and completely lose our heads. 

As soon as the first Arbroath goal in you saw all confidence go. The players looked completely lost. It's rather incredible that we're second place in the league and yet we have a defensive record worse than second bottom.

We've had our injury woes at centre back, particularly with Watson going off, but we've persisted putting Scott Brown in there despite having Dylan Corr available. 

Can't blame any Rovers fan for being anything other than utterly fizzing after that. 

21 minutes ago, virginton said:

I was just enjoying the sudden lack of Dundee fans.  Honestly, its been like a plague of wasps. 

10 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Can't blame any Rovers fan for being anything other than utterly fizzing after that. 

Maybe it was the journey home but can’t find the energy to be fizzing. It’s just so typical Rovers that it’s actually slightly comical. Nice to know that even with all these marquee signings our ‘start you believing then crash you back down to earth’ DNA is still intact. 

Bizarrely the title race is still alive even if United win tomorrow. Although, if United can’t get the better of this Rovers team between now and the end of the season then they should probably be relegated to League One. 

33 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Anyone know what the incident at full time was about? Came out of the ground to see a guy punched out on the road. Was he a Rovers fan? 

Heard from someone at the ground that it was an Arbroath fan punched by one of the Rovers young team.

Morton are the best team in the division, were it not for our small squad being crippled by injuries early doors I've no doubt we'd finish league champions.  Having the best manager also helps of course.

4 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Morton are the best team in the division, were it not for our small squad being crippled by injuries early doors I've no doubt we'd finish league champions.  Having the best manager also helps of course.

Absolutely.  If it wasn’t for you being 14 points behind the leaders you’d definitely be right. 

Just now, adamntg said:

Absolutely.  If it wasn’t for you being 14 points behind the leaders you’d definitely be right. 

We couldn't fill our bench until around the start of November and haven't lost since.  I'd say it's very fair comment.

6 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

We couldn't fill our bench until around the start of November and haven't lost since.  I'd say it's very fair comment.

On a good run for sure, no argument.

Best team in the division over a season - surely that’s what the league table is for?

edit ; I’ll go further; Utd have won 15 and lost 4; Morton have won 10 and lost 8.

Edited by adamntg

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

On a good run for sure, no argument.

Best team in the division over a season - surely that’s what the league table is for?

Yes.  I still expect Utd to win it.   I'm just making the point that had we not been utterly decimated with injuries early doors that 14 point gap would almost certainly not have existed.  

4 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Yes.  I still expect Utd to win it.   I'm just making the point that had we not been utterly decimated with injuries early doors that 14 point gap would almost certainly not have existed.  

Yeah.  If my uncle had tits he’d be my auntie.  There’s still eleven games to go and Morton are already  out of the title race; I don’t think you can disagree with that.