Airdrie v Spiders

5 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

Do Airdrie still charge for their stadium carpark? 

£5 if I remember correctly Better than the £60 fine I got for parking at Morrison's for the Airdrie v Raith game!🙄

Gone for a home win but all the games have been close and while Queens have been improving under Davidson, I'm hoping we can dent that momentum. 

More importantly we both need Arbroath to continue dropping points. 

Plenty street parking outside the stadium but maybe easier to use the away car park if away fan. There are temporary lights on the A73 Carlisle Rd bend leaving Chapelhall but it flows quite well.

7 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

£5 if I remember correctly Better than the £60 fine I got for parking at Morrison's for the Airdrie v Raith game!🙄

Tell me you didn't pay it!

Parking fines from private companies aren't enforceable and the only way they get the money is by scaring you into it with a first letter offering a reduction for early payment then usually 2 subsequent letters threatening legal action, one possibly even from a supposed legal firm. You just ignore them and they go away as the money is only recoverable through them taking you to court which they won't do as it's not financially viable unless you've racked up numerous fines with the one company.

My most recent one was from our pre season as a certain car park had put in cameras and signage since our last visit. Letters all binned and no more heard.

If it's a local authority you don't have the same option as those fuckers pass it along to sheriff officers for collection and they add their own fees and will enforce it.

9 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Tell me you didn't pay it!

Parking fines from private companies aren't enforceable and the only way they get the money is by scaring you into it with a first letter offering a reduction for early payment then usually 2 subsequent letters threatening legal action, one possibly even from a supposed legal firm. You just ignore them and they go away as the money is only recoverable through them taking you to court which they won't do as it's not financially viable unless you've racked up numerous fines with the one company.

My most recent one was from our pre season as a certain car park had put in cameras and signage since our last visit. Letters all binned and no more heard.

If it's a local authority you don't have the same option as those fuckers pass it along to sheriff officers for collection and they add their own fees and will enforce it.

Alas paid but forewarned is forearmed thx!

Parking: plenty of parking in the neighbouring residential streets of Craigneuk and Gartlea. If you fancy a walk then drumgelloch station has an endless supply of parking spaces and is a short 10 minute walk away from the stadium 👍

22 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

The manager will need to bring himself on, Frizz and McMaster are constantly giving the ball away.

Needs to do something, every single result going against us this weekend as it stands 

On 29/02/2024 at 19:45, David Fernández said:

After our high of winning at Tannadice for the first time in 1995, and Queens Park's 6-0 demolition of Arbroath, both sets of supporters will be brought back down to earth again with another 1-1 draw that's going to be even worse than the last hundred 1-1 draws. 

Hope you all put your life savings on this! 

26 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Think that’s actually a decent point for us especially after going 1-0 down, and it takes some points off of another team around us battling to stay out of that 8th spot.

That 8th spot would do me just fine.

1 minute ago, Kenny_m said:

Me too, but there is another 5 clubs thinking the same.

Yep, we'd all be delighted with it, but the post I quoted seemed to be suggesting 8th should be avoided. I'm assuming they meant 9th!

Draw probably a fair result on the balance of play, but Ruari Paton missed 2 sitters today (gutted for him).

I don’t like to criticise our players too much but what is the point in mcmaster? Really offers nothing for me, McCabe got to play in there in front of him. 
9th place spot is going down to the wire but thot queens were pretty solid and setup well, there no24 impressed me today.

Thought we were a bit hesitant in the first half and the clinical passing disappeared for a bit.  Frizzell was having a nightmare in the first half and we just didn’t seem to be able to get flowing although Toddy’s headed save was immense, thought for sure it was going in.  Started to get into the game as the half wore on but felt we didn’t deserve to be level at the half.  first part of the second half was much the same with us failing to create real chances but the Murray-esk triple substitution made the difference and of course Hancock was a stand out when he came on, what a goal.  Friz much better second half but our strikers just didn’t make anything happen with a touch of brilliance.  McGill, Toddy etc just couldn’t get it done today and it cost us.  Is it just me or is McCabe having a much better influence when he’s on the park? He brings a bigger level of composure and reassurance to the team, I truly believe we could have bagged 3 points if he was playing.  As it is, a draw was definitely a fair result.  I think both QP and Airdrie would be happy for 8th place, results elsewhere going against both teams.   This league is shaping up for a cracking finish at both ends 

thought McStravick looked lively all game, Megwa was his usual brilliant self and Mason turned it on coming on as a sub. Not a clean sheet, but thought Josh did well after a nice performance at Dundee.  We just need a purple patch with goals, not sure who’s going to turn it on though