Airdrie v Spiders

This one could be tough and with QP on a high after routing (albeit a pretty poor looking) Arbroath.  6 goals from 5 different scorers, our defence will have their work cut out to keep a clean sheet.  Hancock out  presumably but the team looked settled with Janny coming back in.  If we can stop DU from scoring at Tannadice then we should be able to limit QP to a solitary goal or better.   Best way to get the right result is an early goal and dominate possession like we know we can.  The hangover from Ayr and Morton is gone, the boys are on a high and Megwa is back.   Feel we will win but not by a massive margin.  Copycat score from midweek, 2-0 

Difficult to judge us on Tuesday as Arbroath were absolutely terrible. 

Terrific result for Airdrie means both teams should be going into this one on a high.

Hard to call and really this could be anything. If we can keep it tight ( and we are looking much more solid) we  certainly have enough to cause Airdrie some problems.

Queen’s to edge it 2-1, but a draw wouldn’t be a disaster.

32 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

QP are long overdue a victory in this fixture, 1-0 for Queen's.

Should be a good game though.

We have only played 2 league games against them since we beat them in the promotion play offs. A draw and a 2:1 defeat. 

Airdrie have scored the fewest goals in the league (joint with Arbroath) and we've had 4 clean sheets in our last 5 games. Hopefully we can stifle them well enough and hit back a couple of times on the counter.

I actually think a draw would be a bad result here. We have a tough run of fixtures coming up, and need to be taking as many points as we can from the teams outside the top 4 unless we want to be in the mix for the relegation playoffs right up until the last day of the season.

Edited by Zanetti

Not sure how I feel about this one. Even in our brutal first half of the season, we took a point in October in a pretty even game, and could/should have had another but for a brutal late late winner by Todorov in December. We've improved massively under Davidson, our squad is stronger and we're on the back of a big win although I do wonder how much we can actually read into it given the opposition.

Saying that, Airdrie also had a big win of their own on Tuesday and have done much better than I expected them to this season. Not scoring an awful lot, but very solid at the back. We also haven't beat Airdrie in 90 minutes in the last 16 meetings stretching back to 2017...

If Wilson and Sheridan are fit, we line up the exact same as we did vs Arbroath except I'd swap McPherson for Longridge at RWB. Sheridan won't be beating every defence for pace like he did to Arbroath each week, but he showed more than enough in the rest of his game to make a difference for us going forward. 

I'd probably take a point, but I think it'll be a slim one goal victory for the Southsides finest.

Another tough one.  Airdrie doing pretty well on their return to the 2nd tier and deserve respect for that midweek result.  Add to that our record against them over the last few years and a draw starts to look like it would be a decent result.  Improvements under Davidson have been huge but the spectre of that Veldman era still looms so my confidence remains a bit shaky.  Reckon we need at least 11 points from our remaining 10 matches - be good to start racking these up early on.  Need to be taking points off those around us and definitely should be abe to win this however probably more likely to be a low scoring draw.

5 hours ago, Dave said:

Not sure how I feel about this one. Even in our brutal first half of the season, we took a point in October in a pretty even game, and could/should have had another but for a brutal late late winner by Todorov in December. We've improved massively under Davidson, our squad is stronger and we're on the back of a big win although I do wonder how much we can actually read into it given the opposition.

Check In Ed Sheeran GIF by Audacy

Massive game tomorrow with 5 clubs trying to avoid 9th place and a lot of looking at other results going on but the only way to avoid 9th place is to look after yourselves. Whilst 3 points would take us 4 points away from QP with 2 games in hand, its probably more important we do not lose and potentially drop to 3rd bottom.

The comment above will apply to our next 5 games which are all effectively 6 pointers. An average of 1 point game from our remaining 12 should be enough for us to secure 8th place even though the club are aiming higher.