St Mirren v Aberflaps 02/03/24

8 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Another Aberdeen match thread full of weirdo St Mirren fans.

Will this season never end????

Fucking hell.

The irony meter just exploded.

1 hour ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Another Aberdeen match thread full of weirdo St Mirren fans.

Will this season never end????

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Fucking hell.

The irony meter just exploded.

Do any St Mirren fans do humour?

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm not sure if anyone has heard about this, but I believe there was a controversy surrounding a Miovski penalty last time this fixture was played.

I'm not sure of the details, as the St Mirren fans rarely mention it, but I believe it is only this that has kept St Mirren from winning the title this season.

Stirring a hornets nest. 

We are certainly favourites. The league table doesn’t lie, we are a better team than Aberdeen.  Naturally, a lot of talk about Miovskis infamous Chun Li style penalty in August.

The more relevant measure is the last time we played each other, when we’d went up to Pittodrie in December, missed a penalty ourselves, and still gubbed them three zip.  Have they somehow got even worse since then? St Johnstone produced one of the worst top flight performances I’ve ever seen at St Mirren Park last weekend. A few days later, they’re winning easy in Aberdeen.

Still, I feel we need to be wary, football’s a funny game, and we have struggled against bottom six opposition at points this season. If we get complacent I think the plucky, lucky Dons are capable of pulling off an upset and getting something.  Let’s all hope for no more ‘honest VAR mistakes’, regardless of the result.

image.gif.5ebb8ea4b9aa70c8053bd6e379c55415.gif

No idea who the ref or the VAR is for Saturday, but we are going to be massively screwed by both. All the officials will be aware of all of the injustices that St Mirren have suffered, according to their fans on here anyway, including our penalty double hit and the most recent one on Tuesday, and will be desperate to even things up. Minimum of two penalties for St Mirren and any goals that we manage to score will be mysteriously chalked off.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

No idea who the ref or the VAR is for Saturday, but we are going to be massively screwed by both. All the officials will be aware of all of the injustices that St Mirren have suffered, according to their fans on here anyway, including our penalty double hit and the most recent one on Tuesday, and will be desperate to even things up. Minimum of two penalties for St Mirren and any goals that we manage to score will be mysteriously chalked off.

I know you’re probably joking, but anyone who thinks officials give a flying f**k about errors made in the past is deluded and even if they did they’re hardly likely to deliberately make other wrong decisions to even the score. 

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I know you’re probably joking, but anyone who thinks officials give a flying f**k about errors made in the past is deluded and even if they did they’re hardly likely to deliberately make other wrong decisions to even the score. 

Let’s wait and see.

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Let’s wait and see.

How will we know though?

I’m not promising daft decisions won’t be made. I’m just saying they won’t be delberately made to address previous errors. 

However, if we can get all the daft decisions that would be lovely. 😄👍

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Let’s wait and see.

St Mirren are having probably their best season in their history and they haven’t been able to enjoy a single second of it due to bojan miovski and whoever was on VAR that day. It’s just not right. 

Imagine St Mirren fans on a public football forum,having  an opinion on events surrounding some decisions that involved St Mirren. 

Then having the sheer audacity to post opinions on a St Mirren thread. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Nick Walsh ref.

Kevin Clancy VAR - the idiot who was the only person in the world who thought Hearts deserved a penalty for that diving cheats antics. 

Edited by Thenorthernlight