3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Nonsense 

Kids do it all the time. I'd ask you to try it right now but it's probably now advisable after a bottle of wine and a few cans.

I think it's very difficult for a striker to try and keep himself onside when the line is being drawn from a part of the defender that is further away from the goal than the actual furthest back part of his body.

The centre half's arm would be playing Shankland onside there. I don't see how Shankland is meant to keep his line there when he can't possibly know which part of the body an offside line is going to be drawn against.

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The game has officially lost the plot. Neither of those were penalties, it’s a fucking madness

I’m undecided about the Celtic one, but with today’s Laws the Hearts one is definitely a penalty. Arm miles away from his body.

They have absolutely fucked fitba with the handball rules and VAR.

Those penalty decisions were both shite, and "in the old days" Satellite heid would have been deemed onside.

Celtic red card was correct tho.

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

I think it's very difficult for a striker to try and keep himself onside when the line is being drawn from a part of the defender that is further away from the goal than the actual furthest back part of his body.

The centre half's arm would be playing Shankland onside there. I don't see how Shankland is meant to keep his line there when he can't possibly know which part of the body an offside line is going to be drawn against.

You can’t be played onside by a part of the body you can’t play the ball with, just like you can’t be offside for a part of the body you can’t play the ball with.

5 minutes ago, Marten said:

It's a penalty according to the rules. I still think the new handball rule is shite but the referee had no choice really. 

Celtic's penalty definitely wasn't one according to the rules. 

What 'new' part of the rule justifies that penalty award?

His arm is in a 'natural' position being used to balance himself mid-air (which the law explicitly allows for) and it's knocked onto his arm. There is nothing in any law which justifies that being given despite these mythical 'new laws' I see people talking about.

Just now, Diamonds are Forever said:

What 'new' part of the rule justifies that penalty award?

His arm is in a 'natural' position being used to balance himself mid-air (which the law explicitly allows for) and it's knocked onto his arm. There is nothing in any law which justifies that being given despite these mythical 'new laws' I see people talking about.

See above. It was never a penalty.