⚫️⚪️Queens Park vs Thistle🔴🟡 -9th March 2024

5 hours ago, BMG Spider said:

Dreadful one-eyed refereeing performance. Couldn’t see whether that actually was a penalty, but even leaving that aside the ref had a shocker. Inconsistent and allowed Thistle to get away with stuff that was a yellow for Queen‘s players. Get him back down to the Juniors.

That's monoculist by the way!😉

5 hours ago, qpfc said:

A missed opportunity but thought we were really decent throughout. Even at 2-0, I was never convinced the game was dead given thistle’s attacking options. Lawless in particular was causing problems as he always does against us. Adeloye changed the game and at that point, thistle looked odds on for a winner. That was until Adeloye crocked himself and we then regained control of the game and were very close to getting a winner  

A point in isolation isn’t bad and the team is a million miles better from what it was a couple months back. Sheridan and Paton were again terrific up top. Sheridan has 2 starts- 2 goals and 3 assists. Could end up being the difference maker in keeping us away from 9th. 20 goals in all comps for Paton now, the guy is an outstanding striker and at 23 years old I don’t see him being with us next season regardless what league we’re in. Think we’ll get a very decent fee for him 

Im more than confident this team does not finish 9th 

Ref was absolutely howling btw. Didn’t seem to be many complaints about the penalty but his decisions to hand at yellows cards needlessly was ridiculous

Can’t disagree with much of your post, but I do disagree with the bolded. I thought Lawless was terrible today; arguably the worst player on the park. Gave the ball away repeatedly, including a couple of times which directly involved  QP hitting us on the counter attack. One of his poorest performances of the season imo.

Agreed that the ref was shit, which Thistle probably benefitted from - but ultimately I think he was going to be shit regardless and it could easily have gone the other way. On the basis of chances created a draw was probably the fair result.

From a Jags POV, I hope Adeloye is alright. He was yet again a positive impact before he injured himself falling over. A very good striker at this level who we will rely upon later in the season. 

Muirhead needs a break. Absolutely nothing to do with his form or the witch hunt him needing “dropped” - but he is very clearly struggling with whatever the injury he is rumoured to be playing through.

He should have been off at half time today, pulled up hurt in the first half, played on and pulled up again then really he was left with his pants down a few times after that. 

I can’t believe we left Lawless and Fitzpatrick on the park for 90mins either when they became so ineffective in the last 10-15mins and even started playing to our detriment.

I really like Ngwenya and Milne inside the defence looked very comfy.

as unfortunate as it is for Banzo and McInroy - the physical presence in midfield of Neilson & McBeth is definitely one to stick with for now. 

with all of that being said - if we don’t start picking up wins we are completely fucked, we have every team below us still to play bar QP.

the playoffs are a tough ask now for me personally, especially if Tomi is done for the season. His goals and ways he changes games from the bench are a big part of our plans.

A frustrating performance that sums up our campaign so far .Riven with inconsistencies and worrying lapses in concentration  ...started off well and should have been one up after 20 mins then faded to blustering panic and rightly shipped two goals.Got back into it with some favourable refereeing  and then faded again . Perhaps Dools should have freshened it up a bit more when Tomi went off but hey ho what do I know .

QP seem better organised and "tactically cynical "under greetin faced  Davidson and were rightly aggrieved yesterday, however, they are now surely one of the most moany faced teams in the league  ...Drama Queens whit ! .

Entertaining game, some good attacking play from both, some questionable defending from both, some highly dubious refereeing.

Don’t think that foul should have been given in the run up to thistle 1st goal, think two of them were off side when the ball was flicked on (although Bannon obviously needs to do better), think the ref was desperate to give that handball.

QP goals both really well worked - great to see. Had my doubts about Sheridan but he brings loads to this team. Thought we maybe looked to go long a wee bit too much when he’s on the pitch - bit of an easy option - but good to be able to mix it up. 

2 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

A frustrating performance that sums up our campaign so far .Riven with inconsistencies and worrying lapses in concentration  ...started off well and should have been one up after 20 mins then faded to blustering panic and rightly shipped two goals.Got back into it with some favourable refereeing  and then faded again . Perhaps Dools should have freshened it up a bit more when Tomi went off but hey ho what do I know .

QP seem better organised and "tactically cynical "under greetin faced  Davidson and were rightly aggrieved yesterday, however, they are now surely one of the most moany faced teams in the league  ...Drama Queens whit ! .

We have certainly become a bit more streetwise under Davidson. A necessary evil in this league as playing like a boy scout team under Veldman didn't do us any favours. 

Yes we are bit aggrieved about the decisions. We are all suffering under inconsistent referees this season but unfortunatelly for us some recent decisions  have had game changing consequences for us that are keeping us right in the middle of the relegation playoff scrap.   So apologies if we are greeting a bit but it will take a while for us to catch up with Morton on the whinging front. They are league leaders at that!

1 minute ago, Stuntiethumper said:

We have certainly become a bit more streetwise under Davidson. A necessary evil in this league as playing like a boy scout team under Veldman didn't do us any favours. 

Yes we are bit aggrieved about the decisions. We are all suffering under inconsistent referees this season but unfortunatelly for us some recent decisions  have had game changing consequences for us that are keeping us right in the middle of the relegation playoff scrap.   So apologies if we are greeting a bit but it will take a while for us to catch up with Morton on the whinging front. They are league leaders at that!

You have a very low opinion of yourselves if you think you are in the same ballpark as those honkin Roasters.

Special mention for G4S who were total jobbers yesterday.

The biggest health and safety risk at Hampden is not people standing six inches onto the stairwell in a 9/10 empty stadium.

Nor is it allowing David Mitchell or Luke McBeth to go up to the fans and show their appreciation for them.

Yet the “national stadium” apparently can’t even get a stretcher to a player who cannot walk.

What a complete and utter shambles of an operation.

2 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Don’t think that foul should have been given in the run up to thistle 1st goal, think two of them were off side when the ball was flicked on (although Bannon obviously needs to do better), think the ref was desperate to give that handball.

I’m not having any of this, to be honest.

The free kick is slightly soft, but given all the time. He has arms on McBeth to stop him challenging for the ball.

The angle in the highlights makes it difficult to tell with the offside stuff, but to me it looks like Adeloye is off, but Graham is played on by the number 3. However, as Adeloye doesn’t touch the ball or interfere with play, there’s no offence.

The referee being ‘desperate to give that handball’ has no bearing on whether it was a handball or not - which, for the avoidance of doubt, it was. 

3 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

It was about time as well. We'd probably be at least 10 points better off playing like this from the start of the season, and that's before the actual improvement in the playing squad that Davidson's signings have made. August to January were absolutely maddening but totally self inflicted; if we stay up though we have the core of a strong Championship squad signed up for next season, which will hopefully only get even better.

40 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m not having any of this, to be honest.

The free kick is slightly soft, but given all the time. He has arms on McBeth to stop him challenging for the ball.

The angle in the highlights makes it difficult to tell with the offside stuff, but to me it looks like Adeloye is off, but Graham is played on by the number 3. However, as Adeloye doesn’t touch the ball or interfere with play, there’s no offence.

The referee being ‘desperate to give that handball’ has no bearing on whether it was a handball or not - which, for the avoidance of doubt, it was. 

It was certainly "ball to hand", one of which was behind his back and the other by his side.  Very harsh to me (obviously). Just wish we still had the old fashioned  "hand to ball" interpretation of hand ball. At least then we (and refs) seemed to know what was a hand ball and what isn't. Every week we seem to different interpretations.

Anyway. It was a good game despite the ref. Onwards and hopefully upwards.

Edited by Stuntiethumper

Really not sure what all the QP fans here are greeting about. The penalty is a penalty all day long from our highlights. Not sure where this mindset is he “couldn’t wait to give it” comes from. Clear pen and almost every single one of qp’s yellows were the easiest yellows you’ll see for cynical fouls. I don’t think the ref was great but he certainly did not cost you the game.  We have been on the end of some terrible officials recently. By no means was the ref great yesterday but I have literally seen far far worse on several occasion in the last month alone. Anyway rant over.  
As for the game I feel like I’m just saying the same as every week. Decent attacking and dreadful defending. Nothing new at this point and a point was probably fair overall despite our dreadful opening 20 minutes to the second half . McBeth, Milne ,Graham and big tomi off the bench all good performances. The rest were meh-shite. 

2 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Don’t think the decisions yesterday were anywhere near the scale of farce in the game we had against Dunfermline a few weeks ago.

I think you guys are easily safe from relegation you could still overtake us and get into the playoffs.  Your form was obviously bad coming to the end of 2023 but since Davidson came in don’t think you have lost a game and have beaten Raith (something we haven’t been able to do).  Not a chance Arbroath will catch you at all 

Kris and the boys have been on the wrong end of shit refereeing. See DAFC at Firhill. Scottish referees are a joke. Cost us the win in the play off last year and continued ever since. Is difficult not to suspect a agenda

3 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

It was certainly "ball to hand", one of which was behind his back and the other by his side.  Very harsh to me

The most recent interpretation of the handball, I think, is whether the hand is blocking a shot towards the goal, (intentionally or not). At the game, I thought it was a bit harsh too but I just watched the highlights and it's a clear penalty. 

4 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

The angle in the highlights makes it difficult to tell with the offside stuff, but to me it looks like Adeloye is off, but Graham is played on by the number 3. However, as Adeloye doesn’t touch the ball or interfere with play, there’s no offence

It's a bit chaotic in the goal area, especially with Ferrie rushing in and out all the time (which is key in positions like this) but I think if we had VAR, it would have been called offside. 

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Aye, a strong Thistle would create mayhem in the upper echelons of Scottish football.

So what? Refereeing been shite. Still smarting from play off?

Our highlights package is excellent.

Thought we played very well yesterday, and now beginning to believe we will be fine.  I still didn't feel the 3 points were ours at 2-0 though, but would have settled for a draw beforehand (as I will against Raith).

I'm very much against the award of a penalty for innocuous ball-to-hand, but that's a clear penalty to me (couldn't really tell at the time).