⚫️⚪️Queens Park vs Thistle🔴🟡 -9th March 2024

14 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

Dom Thomas is an enigma. 

A world beater one week (and occasionally one half) and the next it looks like he can't be arsed. 

Agree he can be hot and cold, but have never got the impression he can’t be arsed. I think he just falls out of games sometimes which is pretty much the only reason he’s at this level.

48 minutes ago, Spiders For Life said:

Agree he can be hot and cold, but have never got the impression he can’t be arsed. I think he just falls out of games sometimes which is pretty much the only reason he’s at this level.

Aye fair enough "can't be arsed" is probably unwarranted but yesterday he looked right up for it, and in it, first half but second half he was anonymous.

If the ball didn't come straight to him he made little effort to get it. 

Compared with Jack Thomson, who I thought bust a gut yesterday.

Smashing game. Gutted to lose the lead, but would have accepted the draw when they levelled. Felt like it was going one way, although we could have nicked it at the end. If we had, I think I’d have expired on the spot. 

16 hours ago, Ken Deans said:

So what? Refereeing been shite. Still smarting from play off?

Not at all; we were clearly not ready to go up. How did the play offs go for you?

Your thinking that there is an agenda against Thistle is more than a wee bit over-dramatic.

10 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

As for the first goal- a fan video from more or less level suggests that it was just about onside

image.thumb.png.281c07e63d9370184e4341ae2942edc3.png

I am about as anti-VAR as they come, but I wonder if we were to get the magic lines out here would that actually be onside. But what's done is done, and primarily from Saturday biggest concern was a return of schoolboy defending, so maybe if Robson wasn't the last man marking two of them on his own at the back post then we wouldn't need to have this discussion.

13 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

At least we know what the top flight feels like. Do you?

Ooh, sick burn. You got us there. Still amateur this time five years ago but now getting abuse of never being in the Premier League. Love to see it.

13 minutes ago, Dave said:

Ooh, sick burn. You got us there. Still amateur this time five years ago but now getting abuse of never being in the Premier League. Love to see it.

Ah! Falling back on the " we were only a wee amateur club sponging cash from the rest of football for the use of that dump called Hampden". 

Now you have won the lottery, you think you are a real football club. Lol

And you haven't been in the top flight since 1958! A couple of years before the Premiership. 

Edited by Highlandmagar

49 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Not at all; we were clearly not ready to go up. How did the play offs go for you?

Your thinking that there is an agenda against Thistle is more than a wee bit over-dramatic.

The result at Dingwall in the final was heavily influenced by the referee. Which was kinda my point buddy. 

44 minutes ago, Dave said:

I am about as anti-VAR as they come, but I wonder if we were to get the magic lines out here would that actually be onside. But what's done is done, and primarily from Saturday biggest concern was a return of schoolboy defending, so maybe if Robson wasn't the last man marking two of them on his own at the back post then we wouldn't need to have this discussion.

Indeed. If my memory serves on both goals our defenders were out muscled and we lost the ball in dangerous areas. Hoofing it into row Z isn't pretty but is sometimes necessary.

45 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Ah! Falling back on the " we were only a wee amateur club sponging cash from the rest of football for the use of that dump called Hampden". 

And you haven't been in the top flight since 1958! A couple of years before the Premiership. 

Imagine getting yourself this worked up over absolutely nothing on a Monday morning.

12 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

As for the first goal- a fan video from more or less level suggests that it was just about onside

image.thumb.png.281c07e63d9370184e4341ae2942edc3.png

Is it not Adeloye that is offside from Graham's cross? 

53 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Indeed. If my memory serves on both goals our defenders were out muscled and we lost the ball in dangerous areas. Hoofing it into row Z isn't pretty but is sometimes necessary.

You arfe 100% correct.

2 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Think I'm right in saying it was your club that had the mega- lottery winner in it's ranks. 

How's that working out for you?😂

12 minutes ago, Cyclops van Gogh 1867 said:

Think I'm right in saying it was your club that had the mega- lottery winner in it's ranks. 

How's that working out for you?😂

He died.

He also cleared our debt and funded a youth academy which future Scotland players Jack Hendry and Kevin Nisbet played in, as well as current Thistle first team players like Aiden Fitzpatrick and Ricco Diack. And thanks to him we're fan owned. He also started Partick Thistle women, who are top six and off to a cup final in a couple of weeks.

So it's worked out pretty fucking well, thank you very much.