Rovers 🔵 ⚪️ v Pars ⚫️ ⚪️- 9th March

2 minutes ago, jasperellon said:

What has happened to McCann? He looked good earlier in the season at Starks 

Not sure but if you find out can you let us know?

I think the main issue is we don’t know what he is anymore. He can’t do the centre forward thing, not on his own anyway. Yet he doesn’t seem to do enough when he plays wider, he has all the attributes but in my opinion he has the heart of a pea.

In the absence of Chris Kane on Tuesday night he played wide but found himself getting into the box, his timing for headers is appalling, always up too early. He had a good first couple of months, scored a brace at Hampden against Queens Park and got a new deal because clubs were sniffing about. Has been dire since, I think maybe one goal in a draw against Inverness. To be fair to him that was the day we hit the woodwork about seven times and I think he contributed to about five of those.

Someone will get the best out of him one day, but I’m not convinced it’ll be McPake or even Dunfermline.

Biggest laugh of the day for me was the long haired w****r (No 36?) rolling about on the touchline like someone had broken his ankle, Easton gets booked and suddenly he jumps up, absolutely nothing fucking wrong with him. 

Fair play tho' he played the ref and bought our player a yellow.

33 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I can just about understand the booing of Bene, what folk need to understand is when he left us it was for far more than he was offered by us. 

Bene is a good guy, and has a family to consider, that is all.

Yeah, didn’t get the hatred for him at the end, especially as he was trying to applaud our fans as he walked off. 

6 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Biggest laugh of the day for me was the long haired w****r (No 36?) rolling about on the touchline like someone had broken his ankle, Easton gets booked and suddenly he jumps up, absolutely nothing fucking wrong with him. 

Fair play tho' he played the ref and bought our player a yellow.

The kind of shithousery we’ve missed this season, I thoroughly enjoyed this.

Usually avoid these threads (same with us vs Falkirk) as they're tedious pish. Picture the Spiderman meme of them in a circle pointing at each other, but accusing each other of being seething/bothered/upset/raging/taking the bait/etc.

Anyway, thought we were poor today. Raith played us perfectly. They let us have the ball knowing we'd do nothing with it. Reminded me of our our win at Falkirk last season. Otoo sub was mental. He's the one player who drives forward with the ball from defence. 

Saw the Twitter stuff. Thought it was pretty decent patter. Those who cry when they say "IT'S ALL ABOUT US!!!!!" simply have no comeback. Would enjoy the patter if we did it were the roles reversed.

Kebab pie was poor. Too little kebab and too much sauce. Falkirk's effort is far superior.

Thought the soaking of the camera folks' stuff at half time was poor, although it might be that they should have moved their stuff (were they warned?).

Also, noticed these bizarre posters in the pisher:

20240309_153218.thumb.jpg.e769eb2a3fe94d91335d1c27ca59ba39.jpg

20240309_161713.thumb.jpg.311add0e594cfb78334b364f3f615285.jpg

Edited by DA Baracus

Btw, I’ve just skimmed my eyes over the post match interview. No mention of taking Otoo off but slates is for all the possession and no output, says Raith deserved to win and deservedly roasts Mehmet.

3 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

The kind of shithousery we’ve missed this season, I thoroughly enjoyed this.

Aye, it was one of the best I've seen this season 👏

Yeah I don’t like the whole Bene thing either. During the game is fine but when the whistle goes and he’s actually applauding our fans it’s a bit in bad taste from the ones doing it. As Zen said, he’s a thoroughly likeable guy for anyone who’s spoken to him.

Anyway, enough of the compliments… get it up you etc 

32 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Disappointing result but not surprised. We were in control of the game, I don’t think Raith had any possession in the final third until the goal which was near the 40 minute mark. Even when Raith went ahead we then continued to control up until half time which was a positive, I thought we might have fell into our shell.

Second half again wasn’t terrible, a lot of the ball but toothless in the final third. Dabrowski pulls off a wonder save from Otoo, and if that goes in I think we could be taking about a completely different outcome. However, it wasn’t to be, fair play to Raith, they’ve had our number this year even if some of the matches have been close.

The Otoo sub was baffling unless injured which I don’t think he was. He was probably the best player on the park IMO. Broke up everything, made good runs, didn’t lose the ball and annoyingly was our biggest goal threat.

Matty Todd was miles off it today, worst I’ve seen him but that happens, I won’t be too critical because I know what he can do and what he’s went through this season. The biggest issue was Chris Kane missing from the team altogether. Thought Bene and Fagan-Walcott had a good partnership and coped well with whatever Raith through at them. Summers & Hammy grafted away and Jakubiak has decent play but just isn’t the man for the goals. Mehmet selling the points again, he’s a massive liability.

The ref was really poor, made it all about him, some of the decisions were baffling.

Lastly, I thought you lot were getting a signing section? Sell out home crowd, title challenge, on your way to beating us for the 5th time this season and the atmosphere was flat apart from when you scored and a minute or two after.

DAFC Defeat Bingo 

Better team, controlled game ✔️

Baffling sub of best player ✔️

Matty Todd miles off ✔️

Key player out injured would have made the difference ✔️

Jakubiak can't score ✔️

Mehmet is crap ✔️

Ref was pish ✔️

House!

On the nonsense on links street. It’s fucking ridiculous. But it’s easy fixed if the police just filter the pars fans up by the abbey - which is the fastest route to the away end anyway. The boys walking along links street are clearly looking for both r and getting it. Hopefully no innocents hurt this time.  

Dunfermline the ‘better side’ for a decent chunk in the first half but just look so toothless. Goals came at good time for us but as DAFC mentions above the big moment was big Kev’s save. Massive, massive save that I think no other goalie in the league keeps out. 

I know the pars are doing shite, but a poor away support today for the big team ( 1600?). Don’t think the rovers ever took as small a percentage of our regular home gate to a derby over the last 15 years or so. Surely an indictment of McPake that. 

Anyway, great feeling having the 4/4 and 5 derby wins in a row. Enjoy your nights Rovers ladies and gents 💙

28 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Usually avoid these threads (same with us vs Falkirk) as they're tedious pish. Picture the Spiderman meme of them in a circle pointing at each other, but accusing each other of being seething/bothered/upset/raging/taking the bait/etc.

Anyway, thought we were poor today. Raith played us perfectly. They let us have the ball knowing we'd do nothing with it. Reminded me of our our win at Falkirk last season. Otoo sub was mental. He's the one player who drives forward with the ball from defence. 

Saw the Twitter stuff. Thought it was pretty decent patter. Those who cry when they say "IT'S ALL ABOUT US!!!!!" simply have no comeback. Would enjoy the patter if we did it were the roles reversed.

Kebab pie was poor. Too little kebab and too much sauce. Falkirk's effort is far superior.

Thought the soaking of the camera folks' stuff at half time was poor, although it might be that they should have moved their stuff (were they warned?).

Also, noticed these bizarre posters in the pisher:

20240309_153218.thumb.jpg.e769eb2a3fe94d91335d1c27ca59ba39.jpg

20240309_161713.thumb.jpg.311add0e594cfb78334b364f3f615285.jpg

I've no idea where they came from, but I absolutely adore them. There are others:

20240309_201412.thumb.jpg.9cb71aa151fd40ad1e138514b33e5d84.jpg

20240309_201416.thumb.jpg.74b24e55a8eb97de6c89d5c58e5e714d.jpg

20240309_201420.thumb.jpg.c48ae8b1a54d6a9db77f62b8c378608d.jpg

I'm not angry, but I am frustrated. We've no cutting edge up front, no instinctive or opportunistic striker who can help us win games. We dominated in terms of possession but it doesn't matter a f**k if we can't score when we're in the ascendancy. McPake for me is still the man to take us forward. It's been a huge learning curve for him and hopefully he will use the experience this season in a positive manner.

I thought the Rovers support were quiet today, added nothing to atmosphere tbh, until they scored. As much as I enjoy these games, give me Falkirk away anytime

3 minutes ago, North West said:

I thought the Rovers support were quiet today, added nothing to atmosphere tbh, until they scored. 

Thought so too,  I think that’s due to their position, they’re expected to beat us, as shite as is to say that

Edited by parsforlife

1 minute ago, mrpaddyx said:

Not a dig at the fans but that is the fewest amount I’ve seen Dunfermline bring for a league game at Starks Park in a long time. 

Around 1600, come on, we're having a shite season. Still more than you lot bring to EEP.

1 minute ago, North West said:

Around 1600, come on, we're having a shite season. Still more than you lot bring to EEP.

Crowd w**k alert, Falkirk coming up next season and you will be in your element.

7 minutes ago, North West said:

I'm not angry, but I am frustrated. We've no cutting edge up front, no instinctive or opportunistic striker who can help us win games. We dominated in terms of possession but it doesn't matter a f**k if we can't score when we're in the ascendancy. McPake for me is still the man to take us forward. It's been a huge learning curve for him and hopefully he will use the experience this season in a positive manner.

I thought the Rovers support were quiet today, added nothing to atmosphere tbh, until they scored. As much as I enjoy these games, give me Falkirk away anytime

We don't celebrate corners, we celebrate goals.