Euro 2025

Lurkst

Group B2:-

Scotland

Serbia

Slovakia

Israel

Qualification route is a bit bamboozling. It seems to have merged with the Nations League and only League A teams can qualify directly. By finishing in the top 3 we would be guaranteed a play-off, winning the group guarantees being seeded in the play-offs.

Edited by Lurkst

• 5 weeks later...

2 hours ago, lau03143 said:

For those interested the match tonight against Serbia is on BBC Sport Website or BBC iPlayer at 5pm.

I’ll be watching which is a sure sign that they’ll turn to shite. I think the last time I watched them on TV when they played well and won was that friendly against Jamaica back before the World Cup. 

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I’ll be watching which is a sure sign that they’ll turn to shite. I think the last time I watched them on TV when they played well and won was that friendly against Jamaica back before the World Cup. 

Last time we won a competitive match in 90 minutes was against the Faroe Isles in September 2022.

We badly need to make it to Switzerland next year but with that manager I fear we'll miss out yet again.

17 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The Scotland Goalkeeper has gone off with an injury after 8 minutes.

If we had any sort of strategic approach to player development the SFA would be scouring schools for tall lassies interested in training to be a goalkeeper. Lee Gibson is 5 foot 6.

22 minutes ago, GordonS said:

If we had any sort of strategic approach to player development the SFA would be scouring schools for tall lassies interested in training to be a goalkeeper. Lee Gibson is 5 foot 6.

That English Goalkeeper, Mary Earps, is only 5’ 8”. I just assumed she was bigger than that. It would make sense to try and find a taller goalkeeper.

This match isn’t much to write home about, and the longer it’s going on the more Serbia are coming into it.

Edited by Scary Bear

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

That English Goalkeeper, Mary Earps, is only 5’ 8”. I just assumed she was bigger than that. It would make sense to try and find a taller goalkeeper.

This match isn’t much to write home about, and the longer it’s going on the more Serbia are coming into it.

Predictably poor stuff. We have better players than Serbia, they know it but we don't. We're playing conservatively as we always do under PML instead of going out to impose ourselves on the game and it's inviting Serbia into it.

And Claire Emslie drives me mental.

Watching game, OMG what a poor advert for women's football.  Are we really pumping in £ to this dross. 

Comments not in any way by comparison to the men's game. There is almost nothing positive to say about what I am watching.  For example lots of our players look as they have just got out of bed and are still half asleep 😴 

We might never be up to the standard of top class teams, who are actually worth watching.  No excuse for such a pathetic performance.  Wake up.

14 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Predictably poor stuff. We have better players than Serbia, they know it but we don't. We're playing conservatively as we always do under PML instead of going out to impose ourselves on the game and it's inviting Serbia into it.

And Claire Emslie drives me mental.

I really don't see how PML is still in the job, the team has gone backwards under him. So many infuriating displays, so many simple passes that are half a yard or a yard astray leading to possession being lost.

My suspicions about why a team that used to be exciting and inspiring have gone to pot are twofold:

1 Top players going to big money leagues and having their heads turned.

2 Pedro is a rubbish manager.