Euro 2025

Lurkst

1 minute ago, Caledonian1 said:

Was thinking that too......here were are a couple of weeks away from our biggest game in decades and we are doing so in possibly our worst ever strip (only months after appearing in possibly our best ever strip for a couple of games)  It's honking

Anyway this is a bit of a stroll for the wifies

Had a wee look. Yellow number/names it is.

jd_721529_a?qlt=92&w=750&h=957&v=1&fmt=a

Meh. I guess we had the same in Euro 96.

Was at the 8-0 v Israel at Tynie in 2012. Israel have got better since then and so has the weather. It was the middle of June and a miserable night and I remember seeing a young fan being treated for hypothermia. When the heat came back to my hands in the bus back to Haymarket it was sore.

Happy days.

2 hours ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

What do you actually think about women’s football?

It wasn’t long ago you were saying no one cares about it, in the west forum. Now you’re posting here with your typical inane takes…

Upset much?

On 31/05/2024 at 19:11, Josuke Higashikata said:

What do you actually think about women’s football?

It wasn’t long ago you were saying no one cares about it, in the west forum. Now you’re posting here with your typical inane takes…

The only people who are against ladies football are misogynistic men who have fragility issues.

It's great that women and girls have role models to look up to. They're certain greater role models than the likes of Jordan and the Kardashians.

And with the thousands attending female football matches, bang goes the chauvinistic notion that girls and women only attend football matches to gawk at the good looking male players.

Long may women's football flourish.

I joined this forum to urge all that support women’s football to encourage girls’ teams, families with young footballers (both boys and girls) to get out to support Scotland at Hampden. I think the game against Serbia on July 16 will be crucial to us advancing in the Euros 2025. We are still missing key players like Caroline Weir who are world class so the players need all the support we can give them. Come on Scotland- organize the buses and get our youngsters to the game. If England can fill Wembley, we should be able to fill Hampden. Get organizing and I hope to see you at Hampden.

Best advert for the next Hampden game will be a convincing performance this afternoon. Here's hoping.

Funny that the men and the women will both have played within 24 hours, to a combined attendance of a few dozen, a guy with pipes and a dug.

Game being played in Budapest like all Israel's "home" games because Viktor Orbán invited them.

When Orbán is on your side that's a real "are we the baddies?" moment.

19 hours ago, Shelagh Peoples said:

I joined this forum to urge all that support women’s football to encourage girls’ teams, families with young footballers (both boys and girls) to get out to support Scotland at Hampden. I think the game against Serbia on July 16 will be crucial to us advancing in the Euros 2025. We are still missing key players like Caroline Weir who are world class so the players need all the support we can give them. Come on Scotland- organize the buses and get our youngsters to the game. If England can fill Wembley, we should be able to fill Hampden. Get organizing and I hope to see you at Hampden.

I hadn't realised the next round of fixtures was as soon as the middle of July. That's a mental time to be playing major competitive matches. The men's Euro 2024 final falls between the two games. Are players expected to stay fit for them or are they effectively pre-season games?

I might go to the Serbia game but I'm not making any effort to attend as long as PML is manager and performances remain dreadful. Rag-dolling a pisspoor IDF veterans team doesn't change that.  I'm not contributing to the SFA thinking everything is alright as they preside over unnecessary failure. 

9 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Budapest? Looks like a public pitch out Great Western Road way.

Nae Erin Cuthbert, which isn't good.

Women's international taking place at Drumchapel United/Inverkeithing. Given how often we play there the Pinatar Stadium looks pretty rubbish