Hamilton Academical FC vs Stirling Albion

After this week's crowd counting and grass measuring from the FK2 infidels, a return to discussing football and tactics. Bear in mind this is only my idea of how the team should line up, not what it might be.

Not convinced with Moore or Hilson at RM/RW. McPake didn't get going vs FFC and thought Leitch did ok, but our resident comedian in West Stand North gave him an ironic standing ovation after berating him for 20 mins. Rudi & Cooper didn't impress IMO.

Away strip.

lineup(1).png

Edited by SA45

Do we have to? Really?

The majority of our players will look as if they wished the season was over, we will be subjected to negative, turgid, hoofball and IF we go ahead,  Rankin will try and sit in and scrape a win by boring the opposition before probably losing a late goal or two before (whats left of) our support politely ask Rankin to consider his position. 

Another Rankin Saturday at NDP, ya beauty!

9 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Do we have to? Really?

The majority of our players will look as if they wished the season was over, we will be subjected to negative, turgid, hoofball and IF we go ahead,  Rankin will try and sit in and scrape a win by boring the opposition before probably losing a late goal or two before (whats left of) our support politely ask Rankin to consider his position. 

Another Rankin Saturday at NDP, ya beauty!

I like that. I was at the midweek game the other week when the Accies support politely asked Mr Rankin to take his leave forthwith.

24 minutes ago, SA45 said:

I like that. I was at the midweek game the other week when the Accies support politely asked Mr Rankin to take his leave forthwith.

The pies were class that night. Sadly, our scotch pies are rubbery, our steak pies are full of carrots, and we do not have a pie of the week.

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The pies were class that night. Sadly, our scotch pies are rubbery, our steak pies are full of carrots, and we do not have a pie of the week.

Although I didn't sample the fare at my last visit to NDP, I noticed the pie stand was sponsored by Mortons Rolls. I think clubs might be missing a trick by not offering a traditional bacon roll/square sausage on a Mortons crusty roll - or perhaps preparation time is limited and a pie or hot dog is easier. Albion had a trad steak pie with black pudding on offer today.

I might just go along for this one. It's my closest away ground this year and not one I've been to.

If we play like we did against Hamilton in our most recent game and like today.i think we've every chance of taking something.

I'd like to retain the 4 5 1 type shape.

Edited by WattersIsGod
typo

3 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Although I didn't sample the fare at my last visit to NDP, I noticed the pie stand was sponsored by Mortons Rolls. I think clubs might be missing a trick by not offering a traditional bacon roll/square sausage on a Mortons crusty roll - or perhaps preparation time is limited and a pie or hot dog is easier. Albion had a trad steak pie with black pudding on offer today.

The catering is outsourced, and I believe the Morton's advertising is exactly that - advertising. We certainly don't offer rolls at the kiosks. We have an outstanding pie creator nearby in S. Collins & Son and it's a crying shame we don't sell their pies at NDP.

6 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

I might just go along for this one. It's my closest away group thus year and not one I've been to.

If we play like we did against Hamilton in our most recent game and like today.i think we've every chance of taking something.

I'd like to retain the 4 5 1 type shape.

yes please

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

yes please

It doesn't matter. The league is won, and while we're all so cautious after being burned in the past even Morten couldn't throw this away. We need three wins from our last eight games and that's worst-case if Accies win all of theirs. 

It will happen against either Edinburgh at home or Montrose away. The only reason to have a preference is if you can't make one of those two games. 

I thought it was interesting that today saw the first "championees" songs being sung. 😎

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It doesn't matter. The league is won, and while we're all so cautious after being burned in the past even Morten couldn't throw this away. We need three wins from our last eight games and that's worst-case if Accies win all of theirs. 

It will happen against either Edinburgh at home or Montrose away. The only reason to have a preference is if you can't make one of those two games. 

I thought it was interesting that today saw the first "championees" songs being sung😎

not by me! 😁

#superstitious

11 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

not by me! 😁

#superstitious

FFS, gie's peace. You already have your own club thread, and 2 matchday threads about the same game. This thread is about HA & SA and PIES, not FFC 😀

1 minute ago, SA45 said:

FFS, gie's peace. You already have your own club thread, and 2 matchday threads about the same game. This thread is about HA & SA and PIES, not FFC 😀

Pardon begged. Get them hounded next week then.

13 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yeah after today's performance the last thing I want to think about right now is this game can we just skip to May? 

Don’t think you want that. Rankin gets offered his 1-year extension in May. 

1 minute ago, Balde Bairn said:

Don’t think you want that. Rankin gets offered his 1-year extension in May. 

Wouldn't surprise me if that happened tbh with some of the stuff I've been hearing from other people. If he does stay then our crowds will continue to drop. 

46 minutes ago, SA45 said:

What sort of attendance do you think that you will get for this game? 😋😁

#crowdwank

crowdwank©

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I thought it was interesting that today saw the first "championees" songs being sung. 😎

Morton certainly could if the odds were tempting enough.

We're now below Clyde for crowds. 701 compared to 619. I honestly don't blame fans for staying away especially if they don't have a season ticket. Admission should be reduced for every game from now on.

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Or, eight draws from our last eight games. Theoretically, we could win this league without winning another game, crazy. It wouldn't be pretty and it wouldn't be good for the old ticker though.

Edited by Bairn in Exile