Hamilton Academical FC vs Stirling Albion

8 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Or, eight draws from our last eight games. We could win this league without winning another game, crazy.

We could actually win this league without playing another game. Hamilton are projected to finish on 71 points. We currently have 72 points.

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

We could actually win this league without playing another game. Hamilton are projected to finish on 71 points. We currently have 72 points.

I don't think that's allowed! 😁

P.S. You're bring back memories of the covid season, please stop!

My own thoughts for this game centre on the obvious.  We need to keep picking up points, because that's what Annan are doing. With 24 points still up for grabs, a 5 point cushion is anything but safe.  Hamilton have been stuttering, but they were doing that when they demolished us not so long ago.  Every game is going to be a battle for points and this one is no exception.  We have to be the best we can be for 8 more games. We can't rely on teams below us losing to survive in league one.

21 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

The pies were class that night. Sadly, our scotch pies are rubbery, our steak pies are full of carrots, and we do not have a pie of the week.

Sorry…….i can’t get over the fact that someone somewhere thinks it’s a great idea to have carrots in a steak pie 😱

The next 8 games are massive for us...breaking it into 2 half's, we play the next top 4 after Falkirk..before finishing against the bottom 4 (as it stands now).... yes it's 1 game at a time starting at NDP on Saturday... other teams have shown that if you take it to them you can get something, also proved it at home, last time we we were weak & played without belief from the 1st whistle... we can't afford this type of performance, we need to continue with the strong unit, hard work in & out of possession, it's difficult at times under pressure but when we hoof it away it just comes straight back at us because we don't have any height up front to pressure in the air, possession is given back too cheaply,

Ok I've given Milne quite a bit of stick this season...rightly so IMO & again it's just my opinion...I don't think he is or ever was able to play wide L/R in a midfield for us....he's not great defensively & always cuts inside, square or back pass...however since moving inside in a midfield 5 with Crane & Leitch i think he's done ok against QOS & Falkirk, so i expect him to stay there for now..McPake starts Left IMO.... so it leaves right up for grabs, I'm not firmly convinced by Moore, great energy, but just missing something extra, Hilson can do a job but still no pace to hurt, worry defence....so it's still open...Rudi 🤔 not seen enough yet to comment, Bird not even on the bench again, so i can only assume DY doesn't rate him...which leaves & again it's only my opinion, i like young Kieran Offord, i thought when given the start at Annan as well as scoring he worried them with his pace, good energy, dropped off 2nd half as we resorted to hoof ball again & misplaced passing..

I'm happy with the back 4.... absolutely love Pab's desire & passion...set's the standard, great leader & we are lucky to have him, BC needs to work on his distribution, it's really poor at times, part of being a GK i suppose, love him as a shot stopper, frustrated with ball at his feet...

I took a break for a couple of days after Saturday, that was a painful ending, but i think if we dust ourselves down, Pab's leads by example we will be ok 👍  I'm sure that squeeky bum times will affect alot of teams down the bottom, but selfishly i only care about my team...starting on Saturday, C'mon the bino's....believe,,work hard,,effort, desire & we can get a result  🇵🇪

11 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

I took a break for a couple of days after Saturday, that was a painful ending, but i think if we dust ourselves down, Pab's leads by example we will be ok 👍  I'm sure that squeeky bum times will affect alot of teams down the bottom, but selfishly i only care about my team...starting on Saturday, C'mon the bino's....believe,,work hard,,effort, desire & we can get a result  🇵🇪

Where else would it affect them? 😁

1 hour ago, Beepee67 said:

The next 8 games are massive for us...breaking it into 2 half's, we play the next top 4 after Falkirk..before finishing against the bottom 4 (as it stands now).... yes it's 1 game at a time starting at NDP on Saturday... other teams have shown that if you take it to them you can get something, also proved it at home, last time we we were weak & played without belief from the 1st whistle... we can't afford this type of performance, we need to continue with the strong unit, hard work in & out of possession, it's difficult at times under pressure but when we hoof it away it just comes straight back at us because we don't have any height up front to pressure in the air, possession is given back too cheaply,

Ok I've given Milne quite a bit of stick this season...rightly so IMO & again it's just my opinion...I don't think he is or ever was able to play wide L/R in a midfield for us....he's not great defensively & always cuts inside, square or back pass...however since moving inside in a midfield 5 with Crane & Leitch i think he's done ok against QOS & Falkirk, so i expect him to stay there for now..McPake starts Left IMO.... so it leaves right up for grabs, I'm not firmly convinced by Moore, great energy, but just missing something extra, Hilson can do a job but still no pace to hurt, worry defence....so it's still open...Rudi 🤔 not seen enough yet to comment, Bird not even on the bench again, so i can only assume DY doesn't rate him...which leaves & again it's only my opinion, i like young Kieran Offord, i thought when given the start at Annan as well as scoring he worried them with his pace, good energy, dropped off 2nd half as we resorted to hoof ball again & misplaced passing..

I'm happy with the back 4.... absolutely love Pab's desire & passion...set's the standard, great leader & we are lucky to have him, BC needs to work on his distribution, it's really poor at times, part of being a GK i suppose, love him as a shot stopper, frustrated with ball at his feet...

Was Milne your number 10? I thought he was your best player on the day, gave our midfield a lot of problems especially in the first half.

28 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Was Milne your number 10? I thought he was your best player on the day, gave our midfield a lot of problems especially in the first half.

@SouthStander1876 our No 10 was Jack Leitch.... he's got a great delivery...runs his socks off, looks like he's blawin out his arse at times, but can never fault his efforts for the team, whole hearted player, i really like him....Milne was No 24... I've been highly critical of him for the majority of the season, didn’t think he fitted into our system & lacks a bit of dig...waa playing wide left in the midfield until McPake came in...tried him wide right against QOS...but Young changed shape moving him inside a 5 in midfield.. .looks a bit better last 2 games.. hopefully keep getting better.  Especially this part of the season.... we need winners & folk who can step up....I think it's their & i keep the faith in my team...rollercoaster at times but absolutely love football ⚽️  🇵🇪

1 hour ago, Beepee67 said:

@SouthStander1876 our No 10 was Jack Leitch.... he's got a great delivery...runs his socks off, looks like he's blawin out his arse at times, but can never fault his efforts for the team, whole hearted player, i really like him....Milne was No 24... I've been highly critical of him for the majority of the season, didn’t think he fitted into our system & lacks a bit of dig...waa playing wide left in the midfield until McPake came in...tried him wide right against QOS...but Young changed shape moving him inside a 5 in midfield.. .looks a bit better last 2 games.. hopefully keep getting better.  Especially this part of the season.... we need winners & folk who can step up....I think it's their & i keep the faith in my team...rollercoaster at times but absolutely love football ⚽️  🇵🇪

He was everywhere in that first half, seemed to be first to every ball.

Ok Stirling aren't in as good form as Alloa were when they came to NDP a few games ago but with Accies' season effectively over until the playoffs I think the 9/1 available on Stirling to win is generous!

11 hours ago, SA45 said:

Is there a better way to get into the away end than through the underground carpark? I was parked in Caird Street last time.

No it’s right next to it.

You could walk down the lane next to the station but it’s definitely much longer.

On 09/03/2024 at 22:21, Todd_is_God said:

The pies were class that night. Sadly, our scotch pies are rubbery, our steak pies are full of carrots, and we do not have a pie of the week.

How many carats?

We haven't won 3 on the bounce since the 29th September so can see us finding a way to drop points here can see it being another dreadful game of football which will end in a draw

Accies 1-1 Stirling 

Final draft of tactics board. No surprises and could be Moore/Offord at RW/RM. I'd take a point but 3 would be better and if we play like we did last week who knows.

Calling all bugelers, trumpeters, drummers or choristers - get behind the team tomorrow and the next 8 games. 🎺🥁📢🇦🇹 (no rattles or clackers)

lineup.png

2 hours ago, SA45 said:

Final draft of tactics board. No surprises and could be Moore/Offord at RW/RM. I'd take a point but 3 would be better and if we play like we did last week who knows.

Calling all bugelers, trumpeters, drummers or choristers - get behind the team tomorrow and the next 8 games. 🎺🥁📢🇦🇹 (no rattles or clackers)

lineup.png

I like it.

I can't see it not being same starting lineup as last week fitness permitting

Hard to argue with it. They did great and it really went downhill with the substitutions.

If we play like last week I'm sure we take something.

Looking forward to my first visit to NDP

48 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Looking forward to my first visit to NDP

It's not bad viewing but only two stands and the away stand is behind the goal. I was at the last game 5-0, and left after 89 mins thinking it couldn't get any worse then Hilson got sent off! Tomorrow will be better.

9 hours ago, tattoobairn said:

Really think the boy Hilson was all over the park against US and was all over the park covering in defence .

Yep, I felt his substitution was the one that changed the flow of the game.

Think we'll just need to sight tight today and wait for this one to be out the way. After today, we've not got any more matches against Falkirk or Accies left. Good run of fixtures to end the season. That's the positive.