Hamilton Academical FC vs Stirling Albion

Last visit here was a disaster, we got absolutely pumped, was worse performance all season 

However changes in the squad, more belief & desire, Pab's is playing superb just now, leading by example, 

4-5-1 again today, going for the same starting 11 from last week, 

Hopefully a better result, a point would be good, but I'm being greedy & want 3 

C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪 

See you there 

We've been pretty rotten so far.

Even when we've had a bit of decent possession the final balk has been awful.

Milne looks half a yard off rhe pace and every time we manage to get josh mcpake on the ball he's generally surrounded.

Hope he's OK as thwt looked a nasty knock he took

Hoping for better second half.

Another mentally weak, passive performance, 3-0 defeat flattered us... It's raw & it hurts 

That's  Falkirk  x2 

Hamilton  x2

18 goals against 

0 for 

We are beat before a ball is kicked or Jack Leitch is kicking it to them... Lewis Milne was posted missing again today....& Cammy I'm really sorry but 1st goal...i get we lost possession & the guy cheated a bit but you were posted missing upfield...easy ball across the face of goal & 1-0 down...that was after conceded a penalty..BC saved it..thought it might have galvanised us but nope...back to passive, stand off & let them have the ball...training session for Accies...

We are 2-0 down & we still don't give it a go....we wait wait wait until 15 minutes to go...then 10 mins to go we take DC off...he's running the line on his own, he needs help up top...Hilson isn't the answer..I'm sorry but just my opinion....

Why are we so so weak against these 2 away from home...inferiority complex...we just let them have the ball without any pressure...

We narrow the park with our shape & are easy to defend against because transition is either to slow or the pass is astray...

We had same starting 11 as against Falkirk.. .yet it was miles away from the performance...absolutely no bite or desire to get a tackle in...everything was played in front of us until they stretched it & got in behind us far too easy..as per 2nd goal...easy cross from both sides, no pressure & simple header...

Frustrating is an understatement, i can accept defeat but that was weak today...player's need to question themselves with the mentally of the defeats to the top 2 away from home....

We have 7 games left, we need to be stronger & start picking up points & momentum,, self belief,, If it's not working DY please change it before the games gone, I'd rather get beat having a go rather than just accepting it...C'mon bino's 🇵🇪

Really flat performance.

Ahhh where to start. I thought leitch tried his best today. Some came off and some didn't but I can't be overly critical.

However lewis Milne delivered the sort of performance that BeePee regularly complains about.

No urgency. No press. Constantly giving his man 10 yards of space.

We were just never really in it. Final ball was awful.

Far too passive overall I thought.

Really disappointed and hope they pick it up for next week.

As others have said, not a great spectacle but a wins a win. Momentum is everything in football, we kept another clean sheet and won by a decent margin.

Difficult to be too critical but everything still feels laboured, we are far too slow going forward and are very wasteful in front of goal.

IF we are to go up via the play offs, we need to continue to improve, be far more aggressive and convert more of the numerous chances we create every game.

Keeping Rose fit could be key as he gives us something we have been missing too often this season.

Upwards and onwards to Cove!

We got what we deserved. Milne was abysmal. Too much tippy tappy nonsense. Weak on and off the ball. He wasn't alone in playing poorly. We shipped 16 goals in four games away to Falkirk and Accies this season and scored zero despite the fact we have been competitive in almost every other game. That has to be a mentality thing. I still remember McLean saying after the first Falkirk defeat that these aren't the matches that define our season. There's an element of truth in that... but Annan got four points in two games at Falkirk/Accies recently. That could be the difference between them staying up or going down.

5 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

We got what we deserved. Milne was abysmal. Too much tippy tappy nonsense. Weak on and off the ball. He wasn't alone in playing poorly. We shipped 16 goals in four games away to Falkirk and Accies this season and scored zero despite the fact we have been competitive in almost every other game. That has to be a mentality thing. I still remember McLean saying after the first Falkirk defeat that these aren't the matches that define our season. There's an element of truth in that... but Annan got four points in two games at Falkirk/Accies recently. That could be the difference between them staying up or going down.

@unitedbino 18 goals we have shipped in these games with 0 in credit...infact not even 18 shots in total...

I've tried & tried to give Milne benefit of the doubt, try to be positive....but i keep to my opinion...he's playing in a team with no position for him, he's weak in defence, refuses to tackle or track runners, passes the buck, unwilling dig deep for the cause... Leitchy will be 1st to admit he gave the ball away far to easy & with no pressure....we stood off them...it was a training session for Accies.... DY needs to sort this mentality thing out,, if player ain't up for it bench them & if they ain't performing dont wait until 60+ minute's to change it....be ruthless...& we need to battle from 1st to last minute.... no room for the defeatist attitude and body language.... I'm absolutely devastated at how weak we have been in the 4 games against Falkirk & Accies away.... 18 against... 0 for.... not good enough...it's plain to see 😕 

Nothing much to add - really poor team performance and some individual shockers, not just LM. Some of them seemed to have put their boots on the wrong feet. Subs should have been at half time although none of them impressed anyway but can't be easy coming on with 15-20 mins to go and 2-0 down.

3 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Nothing much to add - really poor team performance and some individual shockers, not just LM. Some of them seemed to have put their boots on the wrong feet. Subs should have been at half time although none of them impressed anyway but can't be easy coming on with 15-20 mins to go and 2-0 down.

@SA45 because DY refuses to make any changes before 60+ minute's..... it was clear to see....Leitchy had a shocker, passed away the ball more time's than i can remember, Milne just hid all game,, didn't want it from 1st whistle, defence all had dodgy moments individually, it was so so passive & mentality wasn't right,, being down the bottom you'd think that we would at least have desire,, fight,, a bit of passion,, but they just stood off,, let them pass through us at will,, 

Your right about the subs,, no real impact,, but no real opportunity,, at least Offord showed us a bit of pace & drive on the ball...ok didn't come off for him,, but had a go...I'm still gutted about that today,, no excuse for that display...we  need to sort this out quickly,,we need to pick up points & it starts with mentality & attitude,, Carrick needs a 2nd striker up top with him...

Moore & Offord for Hilson & Milne next week 4-4-2 

We only seem to want to play one way and it doesn't really work against the better teams.

Annan pick up points away because they're harder to play against. They play a simpler style of football and that's no criticism just an observation.

It translates much better in those tough games.

We line up with one defensive midfielder and either 4 attacking mids and a striker or 2 strikers. I predicted ages ago if we did that away to good teams in this league we'd get murdered and here we are.

We don't have the right balance of personnel. Far too many attacking midfielders. No decent height up front for a direct option.

Sometimes you need to adapt your approach and we've shown little of that.

A good win but think it was more down to how bad Stirling were rather than us being good think Stirling are in a bit of danager of finishing 9th if they play like that for the rest of the season. It was nice to keep another clean sheet hopefully Ahkeem is OK because we really can't afford to lose him before the playoffs it's looking more likely now than Inverness will be the championship side in it so if ourselves and Inverness were to get past 3rd and 4th it would mean that Davidson would be unavailable which would be a bit of a blow imo considering the already lack of options we have in midfield. Two things that did annoy me today was the way Rankin shouted at Fergus because he made 1 mistake especially considering McGowan makes a similar mistake to that every other week and he doesn't act like that and he left Kirk on the bench again? Again like I've said before the way the Tait and Kirk loans have went this season it completely destroys our chances of getting loans from teams in the future. Was nice to see Hastie getting a goal another guy that should be playing much more often than what he has been getting good 3 points overall today.

8 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

We only seem to want to play one way and it doesn't really work against the better teams.

Annan pick up points away because they're harder to play against. They play a simpler style of football and that's no criticism just an observation.

It translates much better in those tough games.

We line up with one defensive midfielder and either 4 attacking mids and a striker or 2 strikers. I predicted ages ago if we did that away to good teams in this league we'd get murdered and here we are.

We don't have the right balance of personnel. Far too many attacking midfielders. No decent height up front for a direct option.

Sometimes you need to adapt your approach and we've shown little of that.

This is only my opinion and feel free to disagree with it.  Yes we do only play one way. In fact it's the same basic premise we relied on when we won league 2.  Quick first touch passes forward. People can still run with the ball, or take a man on if that option isn't really on, but the quick first touch pass forward is the basis of our game.  It's a pro's approach to football and effective if you can be consistently accurate with it.

Our lad's aren't pros though and 4 hours training a week doesn't allow much time for perfecting a pro's game.  When the lads are reasonably consistent with it, we do OK, even a league higher up. When they aren't it's something of a horror show, particularly against full timers who can exploit the stray passing in ways that no one in league 2 had in them. The ball is given away cheaply by numerous players, comes back at us with accurate passing and they get behind or on us fast, rather than the other way round.

This isn't a criticism of Darren Young. If we want to do better than hang around the bottom of League 1, it's something we have to work on.  The problem for me, is that we don't seem to have the players who can play that style of football with enough accuracy or consistency for this level.  Perhaps we are too rigid with it and need to hold the ball up more to cut down the cheap giveaways of the ball?  So I'm sympathetic to your point about adapting. 

It's still a system we have to get a grip of though, but finding part timers who can play it with any degree of consistency is a big ask.  

I'm not averse to the way we play. It's a breath of fresh air.

Im looking for evolution not revolution.

In some respects we've improved as the season has gone on but our away performances against better teams hasn't been one if them.