Motherwell - Aberdeen 16/03/2024

Couldn't see a thread for this so here we are. After the 3-3 draw last time around, who knows what to expect. Will Aberdeen remember how to play football? Will Liam Kelly remember he's got an all-expenses-paid summer holiday to Germany on the line until the end of the season?

I've given up predicting. Just give it to big Theo and we'll see what happens. 

Said on our thread you can't imagine Aberdeen will be as bad again as last night but then you look at their record...

It's utterly bizarre that a squad with all the usual suspects I won't bother to list again are where they are. Are they just big time Charlies who can't be fucked with the dirty work in the league, hence the solid Euro shows and cup runs?

They did totally cuff us at FP earlier and obviously had their share of the game last time. I reckon we'll play well enough but defensive problems will cost us in a 2-2 draw which does little for either side.

This definitely feels like an Aberdeen win.

Supporters on our side who haven't learned their lesson looking at the Top 6, us coming off the back of scudding the **** and generally being in alright form (we've only lost 2 of our last 10 league games).

Everything points to us just not turning up and losing 2-0.

So aye, there's every chance we do Burrows a turn here.

It has been well documented that when a team desperately need a win they just have to type ML1 2QN into their team bus Sat Nav. 

That 6-5 win being a case in point. Also with us beating the **** for the 1st time since dinosaurs roamed the earth then this has calamity writ large all over the game.

I watched last night and Aberdeen simply cannot be as bad. I know their fans will disagree but they cannot possibly be. That was rancid 1st half especially. That said Dundee are a decent team.

Would love a win to keep our top 6 hopes alive but as long as we don’t lose then it may be an acceptable outcome. 

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Motherwell with an easy win!

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Comfortable home win, 2 or 3 nil. 

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I'd fancy Motherwell to win this.

28 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not Funny Eye Roll GIF by MOODMAN

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, welldaft said:

It has been well documented that when a team desperately need a win they just have to type ML1 2QN into their team bus Sat Nav. 

That 6-5 win being a case in point. Also with us beating the **** for the 1st time since dinosaurs roamed the earth then this has calamity writ large all over the game.

I watched last night and Aberdeen simply cannot be as bad. I know their fans will disagree but they cannot possibly be. That was rancid 1st half especially. That said Dundee are a decent team.

Would love a win to keep our top 6 hopes alive but as long as we don’t lose then it may be an acceptable outcome. 

That wasn’t our worst performance of the season. Possibly not in the bottom 5. 

52 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That wasn’t our worst performance of the season. Possibly not in the bottom 5. 

It surely couldn’t have been any worse than your ‘performance ’ at Rugby Park recently when you were absolutely clueless, gutless and leaderless, the worst team I have seen this season.

It gives me no pleasure in saying this as I have a real soft spot for the Dons but I fear the worst I’m afraid.

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu

Being 3-0 up surprised us no end, making it 3-3 probably surprised you.

Aberdeen have been abject in the league but put Killie to the sword. We really should have an extra 7 points over the balance of a few fixtures since the turn of the year if we screwed the nut.

We need a win here to keep us in the hunt and parity with our peers for 6th, while Aberdeen is the easiest fixture of our run in that's exactly why its a poison chalice for us. The only significant black mark after Ketts came in last season was a loss at FP to awful and on a fast track to the Championship Dundee United team. Games like this we don't win.

You have to think Shinnie has slapped a few boys about and pinned another few to walls off the back of last night. There has to be more of a oomph about them surely.

It would have served us better to lose to Rangers and beat Aberdeen (rather than lose to Aberdeen).  However the win at Ibrox slayed a few dragons and I am hopeful of a result against the Dons.

(I know there will be a result, I am looking for a win.)

1 hour ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

It surely couldn’t have been any worse than your ‘performance ’ at Rugby Park recently when you were absolutely clueless, gutless and leaderless, the worst team I have seen this season.

It gives me no pleasure in saying this as I have a real soft spot for the Dons but I fear the worst I’m afraid.

I’d put both the rugby park games in the bottom 5 tbh